ਮੂਰਖੈ ਨਾਲਿ ਨ ਲੁਝੀਐ ॥ Don't Argue With A Fool

We have many such liars coming up our doorsteps regularly, holding a book and reading

a verse and say they have come to talk about our future.

We tell them if they want to live in the present,

go read the Living Master, "Guru Granth Sahib " and get free from the shackles of sin and deceit.

Ok can you do me a real favour.

The guy making the documentary is from my Church (Anglican) and he does a brief summary of Sikhism.

Could you tell me if what he speaks is the truth or whether he is trying to sell Christianity on the sly.

Sikhism is discussed at around 40.00 minutes into the program:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPaHoJHc8qM&index=18&list=PL592E95A8BA047433

Thanks.

The guy making the documentary is from my Church (Anglican) and he does a brief summary of Sikhism.

Could you tell me if what he speaks is the truth or whether he is trying to sell Christianity on the sly.

Sikhism is discussed at around 40.00 minutes into the program:

This video is replete with lots of little errors which convict the whole thing of being totally unreliable.

- Guru Gobind Singh was not killed "trying to establish his new religion" (a phrase which leaves a distinctly Mohammedan flavour in one's mouth), he was stabbed by a Pathan while making camp and died of his wounds. Also, while interrogating that random bloke (he might've found an expert) at about 43:30, he doesn't even appear to know that Sikhism had a long history of persecution at the hands of Sunni Muslim sultanates and rulers. Is it any wonder then that he was so taken aback by the 'worship' of military hardware? We must've seemed just as sanguinary as the Muslims to him in that instant.

- 43:50, the ridiculous idea that the decision to have a single spiritual book is an accretion from Islam. Besides which, the Sikh faith has two other holy Granths, Sri Dasam Granth Sahib and Sri Sarbloh Granth Sahib. Or for that matter that Sikhism is some sort of plagiarism of Hinduism, when exactly half of this gentleman's Christian Bible is an exact reproduction of the Jewish Pentateuch and Hebrew Bible. I believe I discussed this double standard in another thread.

- 46:55 - (in ominous whispers) "These guys ... have real power... and real influence...and they're prepared to use it" Lol, no, not really. The Nihangs certianly used to be powerful, once upon a time, but as Jathebandis go groups such as the AKJ and the Damdami Taksaal retain far more influence over the Sikh Panth. Most contemporary Nihangs don't really do anything.

Nor did they ever close down the entire state of the Punjab. This is nonsense.

This bloke is either a fabricator, or very misinformed.

This bloke is either a fabricator, or very misinformed.

I think misinformed but obviously he has an agenda because he is a Church Priest.

Although if you were to make a TV program at least you should do your research properly so there is no excuse.

And thinking about it he does seem to portray Sikhism as a bit sinister and he doesn't really spend enough time on it at all.

But I like the way he was prepared to get right in there though, washing dishes and everything.

Getting down with the Sikhs.