If Sikhs Were Forced To Marry Gay Couples?

Everyone has a soul bhaji, let's not beat around the bush.

So what you're implying is, its a more of a union of 2 souls rather than 2 individuals? am I correct with my assumption. To the best of what I read (the lavann I believe though im not sure if they were the lavan as they seemed very short) it is more of a spiritual bond than a physical one.

http://www.sikhism101.com/marriage-in-sikhism/

Yeah, but it is a part of it of course. Since, it's part of dharam to have kids who can be even more dharmic than us. Why do you think people have went to our Sri Gurus for children vardans/boons?

They didn't want the stigma of being childless in a culture that values marriage and family incredibly highly, and judges the relative worth / success of someone's life based on whether they've attained such goals?

I think in theory the desire to pass dharam onto one's offspring is very noble and should be encouraged. But life is not lived in the theory. Plus, have you seen most of our lot? They wouldn't know dharam if it came up behind them and said boo, lol.

Yeah, but those vardans were still granted by our Sri Gurus, meaning that married couples should have kids.

Yeah, that's true. It's kind of sad.. I think it has to do how they were brought up. Some parents themselves are confused as well lol. A lot of my relatives think it's somewhat funny that I am dharmic as if it is a joke, but they claim to be part of this religion while being mona which makes no sense.

I'm not disputing that at all. My only bone of contention was your assertion that passing down dharam to kids is the only or biggest reason for having kids. Most people don't think that way. I wasn't passing comment on the gay aspect of your argument.

Did you forget some of my post lol? Because the goal is to have offspring (so they can teach dharm too), and you van only have offspring in a married rishta. Needing a partner for this journey is a bad excuse, considering we have sadhsangat already.

So theres no room in sikhi/anand karaj for infertile people? Since the goal of anand karaj is reproduction...

No, he's implying that marriage isn't a relationship based on lust. There's sexual attraction and then there is lust which is obsessing over that.

Edit: Again I don't know much about the Anad Karaj and I've never read it, still far to young to consider marriage but it's gender neutral from what I hear, it's the union of 2 souls. Surely since souls don't have genders that shouldn't be an issue? The whole point of Marriage for us as Sikhs is to have a partner to help us attain our final goal. sexual or even sexual practices shouldn't even fall in the same category as this. 2 people can be married and not have a sexual relationship, but still love one another and then use that love to get to the ultimate form of love. Waheguru himself.

You say your far too young to consider marriage...yet your so wise. That was a beautiful read :)

How would you know they're infertile to begin with, nobody knew back then, so it didn't apply. Besides, I highly doubt any guy would marry a infertile women or vice versa.

Nobody knew back when? Lol infertility isnt a new phenomenon