Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jacfsing2

Masturbation:

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Guest Singh1699

We AmritDhari are not supposed to masturbate. If anytime, you think of masturbating, think of your sister and then this urge would go away. It is not normal for us AmritDharis to masturbate. Guru Sahib has made us into his saroop. So we should think again what are we doing? I consider this question to be degrading whether we should masturbate or not. Why? Can't you spend time in Naam Simran that you have to think of other women and masturbate? Are we becoming frustrated like scumbags of other religions? Don't masturbate. Anyone who supports it, he should remember his sister then let me see if he can masturbate.

Masturbating is sin in Sikhi.

Kaam Shakti must not be wasted. Save it for your Sikhni. She will admire it. Maybe because of such attitude that we have, our own Sikhnis don't marry us because we degenarate ourselves before marriage into such wasteful habits.

Guest singh1984de

Veere Kaam is one of the really strongest vice. Only time it can be controlled is, if we are connected to the shabad guru. Wake up early at 3 am. Do the jaap of moolmantra and gurmantra for 45 minutes. Then do panj baniyaan. Never forget to do the ardaas after. Ardaas is really strong and ask for gurusahibs help. Routine banao apni. Do sehaj path everyday even 1 ang everyday helps. Read gurbani with meanings. Try to understand what pita ji id saying. Do ardaass.....

Bhul chuckan di maafi,

Daaas

Guest Gupti

I have been doing this for 1.5 years. I finally reduced it and will be stopping. I think that maybe I can help you. You first need to want to stop and your only going to stop when the reason you did it in the first place has gone.

I would say to stop successfully you need to set yourself targets and then limit yourself. Then start to reduce the sessions until you drop to zero and if you stick to your targets you will be fine. It worked for me.

Guest Gupti

So moderator you deleted some of the contents of my post. What I really wanted to put forward is that masturbation is not due to kaam.

What if you masturbate to discover yourself and understand the controls of your body? Surely in that case it's justified as there is no kaam.

Tighten your kacha veer ji its a difficult task to stop.

From own experience, what helps with me that i can go without it for weeks by doing simran during amritvela and listening to kirtan/simran as much as I can especially if your on the laptop just listening will tune your mind off of during such activity. But I have to be honest the rush starts kicking in always after a week in and more simran is needed to be done in order for me to focus and not get distracted by lust its a tough task but with simran and ardaas it can be cut off for good. For advice, start off a fresh day with amritvela path and simran and for that whole day focus on positive vibes that take your mind off of lust. Once you achieve day 1, try to get in the same notion and it might not work right away it can take weeks or months but getting into that habit might help.

I Heard a talk on Sikh2inspire about Kaam being a king of the court of the five vices which in a way I believe to be true . It seems to me the more books I read about Gursikh gems I can conclude some have mentioned kaam being the toughest vice to control for them of course due to them being celibate when talking about mahapurakhs. Back on topic, your not the only one going through this notion of fighting kaam, it'll affect you if you don't control yourself without doing simran your spirituality will fall apart. In other words, don't let kaam control you , it should be you controlling kaam in the end.

do extra chapaui sahib path too

Edited by kharkusingh1996

Guest Jacfsing2

Tighten your kacha veer ji its a difficult task to stop.

From own experience, what helps with me that i can go without it for weeks by doing simran during amritvela and listening to kirtan/simran as much as I can especially if your on the laptop just listening will tune your mind off of during such activity. But I have to be honest the rush starts kicking in always after a week in and more simran is needed to be done in order for me to focus and not get distracted by lust its a tough task but with simran and ardaas it can be cut off for good. For advice, start off a fresh day with amritvela path and simran and for that whole day focus on positive vibes that take your mind off of lust. Once you achieve day 1, try to get in the same notion and it might not work right away it can take weeks or months but getting into that habit might help.

I Heard a talk on Sikh2inspire about Kaam being a king of the court of the five vices which in a way I believe to be true . It seems to me the more books I read about Gursikh gems I can conclude some have mentioned kaam being the toughest vice to control for them of course due to them being celibate when talking about mahapurakhs. Back on topic, your not the only one going through this notion of fighting kaam, it'll affect you if you don't control yourself without doing simran your spirituality will fall apart. In other words, don't let kaam control you , it should be you controlling kaam in the end.

do extra chapaui sahib path too

So I should do Amrit Vela? (I don't currently wake-up early enough).

What if you masturbate to discover yourself and understand the controls of your body?

Lol that's the reason is it? Here I thought all those obscene teenage boys were getting off on naked bodies, turns out what really excited them was the knowledge that they were embarking upon a numinous quest of self-discovery. Somebody better call the Buddhist monks and let them know that they're going about it all wrong.

Edited by Balkaar
  • Like 2

Guest Gupti

Lol that's the reason is it? Here I thought all those obscene teenage boys were getting off on naked bodies, turns out what really excited them was the knowledge that they were embarking upon a numinous quest of self-discovery. Somebody better call the Buddhist monks and let them know that they're going about it all wrong.

Moderator keeps deleting the contents of my posts and only posts half of what I write. Some people don't masturbate thinking of the opposite gender. So some people don't have kaam. Some people masturbate for the discovery part.

Admin Note: Bibi ji, the reason for editing is that we don't want our readers to read too much in details. Make your point and be done ji.

So I should do Amrit Vela? (I don't currently wake-up early enough).

You should try your best to do amritvels whether you wake up at 4 or 5 am or even earlier at midnight or even 1 do your nitnem and then go to sleep because sometimes school schedule can be hectic so any of those two ways can work out for getting your ninth/simran done during amritvela.

Other than that when you are alone and feel having the lustful urge, you should start simran right away where you are no matter what. That will help you overcome your mind thinking about it at that very moment.

Guest Gupti

Admin Note: Bibi ji, the reason for editing is that we don't want our readers to read too much in details. Make your point and be done ji.

But your deleting all the information about the health benefits, well being, reduced stress levels etc.

Guest Jacfsing2

But your deleting all the information about the health benefits, well being, reduced stress levels etc.

You could just pm it?

You could just pm it?

It's not worth it. The so-called benefits are outweighed by the negatives. I'm not arguing it's unnatural or you'll go to hell for it, lol, but physically and spiritually you'll feel amazing for not doing it. But if you're always thinking about lustful things and it's proving to be a distraction (in terms of a mental struggle not doing it) rather than something of benefit to you in other areas of your life, then nobody can stop you I guess.

Edited by MisterrSingh

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Topics

• shes from a different community n anotha part of town. abt 15 yrs younger than the female elder as well. so y wud she be keepin their company? seems like she was either abandoned by her own for wateva reason n lost her way. maybe livin rough n desperate before bein targeted. or she knew the place well as a worker or regular customer n wanted a piece of the prize from wat wudve seemed a simple 'transaction'?
    • Sidh Gohst is a Sikh Prayer... (i hope u weren't being sarcastic)? Prayer came about when Guru Nanak Ji had an assembly (gohst) with Sidhs, hence the name Sidh Gohst. The prayer is like a Q&A session where Sidhs ask n Guru Ji answers... NOW! Who been telling me to stick t learning about Sidh Gohst?? 😔
    • Get a normal bike n ride it. Road bike u can go far n fast so it's advantageous. Second bike type, ideal for short distant travelling n cycle at own leisure... Totally forgot wha the types called though I own one. Not mountain bike something else.
    • Is that Harpreet's mugshot? Lol! We need to understand y they committed a crime. Obviously for money but what lead them? For their age appears they had a hard life or "hard" life (depends how u look at it) and thas it! They understood the phenomenon of dog eat dog world. So they took a drastic step and failed... Of course they could've succeeded.
    • and also, as your next post alludes to, naamdharis also take khanday dee pahul, and actually most of them do compared to "us" mainstream sikhs. naamdharis are also much closer to rehit than some of these jathabandis we have now corrupt the panth since colonial times. However naamdharis are missing the kshatriya rehit of khalsa, ie the warrior maryada. I think a lot of "sikh" children would easily get influenced by christian schools due to lack of sikhi knowledge, and this includes those who go to these schools in India as well Yes, Khalsa sikhs used to learn from other sikh sampradaiye as well when it came to spiritual gyaan and sikhi knowledge. Obviously for learning there are no strict rules, however other rules are different for khalsa sikhs as they need to follow the military rules as well compared to sehajdhari "civilian" sikhs. And this is funny, but would learning from a harmonium teacher harm your sikhi, as it takes you away from learning sikh/Gurus' instruments? I would find it harmful for someone to teach that crazy keertan which plays at many rehnsbhais, 🤣😂

Important Information

Terms of Use