Canadian Sikhs?

Parmar's exalted reputation has always confounded me veerji. I support the Khalistan movement completely, but massacring a planeload of civilians is nothing more than terrorism. I'm not surprised the Canadians think so poorly of Sikhs if they really parade his portrait about like that, and treat one of the most shameful events in our history as though it is something to be celebrated.

It is terrorism, but the whole situation is really is messy. Some say there were working for agents, some say they wanted it to blow up before passengers boarded, and some say they did it out of anger, and some they didn't do it. Im sure Parmar and his circle did do it, some people not directly involved but yet associated with "fundamentalists" were given prior notice to avoid that flight. I think the Nagar Kirtan organizers just don't care what they did, because in the Punjan the Sikhs were suffering much much more.

I'm just glad the plane wasn't filled with white canadians, or else the backlash would be much worse. I believe over 90% of passengers were Hindus.

It is terrorism, but the whole situation is really is messy. Some say there were working for agents, some say they wanted it to blow up before passengers boarded, and some say they did it out of anger. Im sure Parmar and his circle did do it, some people not directly involved but yet associated with "fundamentalists" were given prior notice to avoid that flight.

I'm just glad the plane wasn't filled with white canadians, or else the backlash would be much worse. I believe over 90% of passengers were Hindus.

Whatever their motivations for it, the move was stupid and utterly pointless. Not one enemy of the Sikhs was killed because of it, and Indian Airways was hardly a limb of the Hindu Sarkaar. It's like Al Qaeda blowing up an American Apparel thinking that it is affiliated with the American government just because the name of store contains the word 'America'.

The bombing was done by RAW for the Indian Government.

It was only falsely claimed by non-Sikh (outwardly kesdhari) agents working for the GOI in order to malign Sikhs.

http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?/topic/77072-air-india-flight-182-bombing/

This really is a messy affair. Although I find it completely believable that the cowardly Indians would be capable of immolating hundreds of their own in order to incriminate the Sikhs, I hesitate to ascribe all the wrongdoings supposedly committed by our own to them instead, as many of us our wont to do.

You are making fun of Khalsa by saying that.

How in the world can one be said to be making fun of the entire Khalsa Panth for pointing out the fact that Amritdharis can be rotten too?

The bombing was done by RAW for the Indian Government.

It was only falsely claimed by non-Sikh (outwardly kesdhari) agents working for the GOI in order to malign Sikhs.

The families of the men involved are not just "keshdhari" they're good Amritdhari people. Apprently the book Soft Target which is really the only piece of work that supports the RAW theory was refuted or not considered very credible?

Whatever their motivations for it, the move was stupid and utterly pointless. Not one enemy of the Sikhs was killed because of it, and Indian Airways was hardly a limb of the Hindu Sarkaar. It's like Al Qaeda blowing up an American Apparel thinking that it is affiliated with the American government just because the name of store contains the word 'America'.

Can't argue with you here brother, it served absolutely no good. The bombing killed the movement before it even got reorganized and booted up in late 1985/early 1986.

You are making fun of Khalsa by saying that.

Um no? Im saying I know people are Amritdhari but are bad people.

Since when can an Amritdhari be dusht(bad)?? They might make *some* wrong choices, but they are bhagats of Sri Vaheguru ji.

You think using too much emotion.

KKBK Ji, truly good Amritdhari Gursikhs never hesitate to condemn terrorism against innocents.

The fundamental guiding ethos of the Khalsa Panth is Sarbat da Bhala.

You're right, truth be told, I'm not sure what to say, it is possible they were misguided into doing it. But I am fairly sure Parmar and all them were involved, my family was told to not book tickets on that flight, there is more but I'd rather not say on a forum. They knew what was going to happen.

Since when can an Amritdhari be dusht(bad)?? They might make *some* wrong choices, but they are bhagats of Sri Vaheguru ji.

Preet, this is exorbitantly strange logic you are deploying here. I've never come across this idea anywhere in Guru's Bani. Of course Amritdharis can be bad, what about Ajit Poohla who raped the womenfolk of our Kharku Singhs? He's no Bhagat of Akaal Purakh.