Canadian Sikhs?

Be very careful of the kashmiris (mirpuris kotlis) whatever theyre called. Im not joking in about 30 years they will have taken over your town or city I have seen it happen. Once they get people into government they gain a lot of control as you may have seen with the raping of young white girls in the UK. They are very corrupt people and can get above the law if not kept in check, ask tommy robinson from Luton. They dont want to mix or interfaith (unless its theyre boys and white girls and the white girls convert ofcourse). It all goes back to partition and them not being able to get all of kashmir, I feel theyre elders have a lot of resentment towards indians, espcially sikhs who ruled kashmir and had a sikh general there during partition time. This gets past on to the younger generation and they get brainwashed. However saying that not all of them are bad but you will find the majority are criminals inter connected drug dealers. Luckly west London dosent have a lot of these but they will spread like anything and be very careful of them. Pakistani punjabis usually a totally different kettle of fish who mix well, dont have 6 or 7 kids, dont call all there family over etc much more in common with indian punjabis morals. Ask those mirpuris to go act like that in a nagar kirtan in vancouver, Im sure they will be dealt with as they always fight 10v1

I know at most 4 ppl from mirpur they seem decent n chilled with the exception of 1 guy. The num of mirpuris is tiny prolly like 12 in total. The majorty come from someother place i forget the name but they are the ones in gangs n geberqlly start stuff with ppl. I dont really think they go hunting for sikh girls but rather guys lol cos i no 2 guys who were really tight with these ppl n these two punjabis are now addicted tp heroine and buying from the same people they used to hang with.

The reason why you dont hear about these guys in vancouver abd toronto is because im guessing they dont live there. Im pretty sure AB is the only area in canada with a sizeable population also in toronto all the punjabis live in areas with majority punjabi sikh theres only like 2 areas here like that and ypu can even c tht area changing. Dont know if this is related buy we're canadas number one source of homegrown isis fighters also they even did a vice documentary on it

Well I have heard the Afghans use the Kashmiri's to pick their opium for them and pay them to do it so it is no surprise they have a heroin connection back to Afghan.

That and they have the taxi network well established over here and so a perfect distribution network available.

A lot of girls may well fall into this trap, this venus fly trap.

For those curious about the representation of Sikhs in Canada I would recommend the scholarly article written by

Loveleen Kaur, "The Tear In the Fabric of Multiculturalism: The recurring image of the Sikh 'extremist'" in the journal Sikh Formations: Religion, Culture, Theory Volume 10, issue 1, 2014.

According to Kaur,

"It is when the tolerated Other crosses the lines of what is tolerable, does the myth of idyllic, multicultural nation become exposed. It is when Sikhs and other racialized communities are asking to be considered more than economic pieces – do the boundaries of tolerance get crossed. The application of the label of extremist on Sikh, Palestinian, Muslim, Tamil, Indigenous and other racialized communities within Canada only represents a community that is a deviant and refuses to be tolerated. They are communities who refuse to live on the fringes of society and challenge the power structures that exist. They are people who resist the liminal positioning of the racialized Other. The usage of the label of extremest gets used to demoralize the Other into a state of submission. However, it is in this moment where the state shatters its own mask that can allow for the Other to recognize the incomplete identities they are forced to occupy. It is in this moment that there can be conversations on ‘how communities of colour can begin to reframe these discourses, and so articulate the complex pragmatics of solidarity politics’ (Puar and Rai 2002, 136). It is in this moment that they can connect with their political histories and engage in a connectedness that goes beyond that of the borders of the nation-state."

Well jeez, look where a "good heart" got them, the Europeans didn't come over to be friends, natives should have faught fire with fire. Instead they got a taste of alcoholm and tossed their culture aside. The world is a barbaric and unfair place anyways, am I supposed to feel pity for every group that got screwed over? And, I'll openly say I don't care much for the plight of other groups.

Other groups? They are human just like you and me. It is animalistic to think we belong in our own group. Even after the sikh genocide, you would think Sikhs would have become more understanding towards others’ suffering but you haven’t learnt a thing. And there are many other so called Sikhs who think in this same way as most lack kindness and are selfish. It is no brainer why Vaheguru hasn’t given us Khalistan; Sikhs do not understand what it means to be a true sikh. Daya came before Dharam, so you cannot be a true sikh if you do not possess compassion. Sadly, the blame isn’t on you as an individual but more on how Sikhs are raised by their parents. Punjabi parents do not raise their child with human qualities as they do not value good qualities but rather materialistic things. For instance, you couldn’t even value having a good heart; instead you belittled the natives while knowing children suffered in the process. I’m disgusted.

For those curious about the representation of Sikhs in Canada I would recommend the scholarly article written by

Loveleen Kaur, "The Tear In the Fabric of Multiculturalism: The recurring image of the Sikh 'extremist'" in the journal Sikh Formations: Religion, Culture, Theory Volume 10, issue 1, 2014.

According to Kaur,

"It is when the tolerated Other crosses the lines of what is tolerable, does the myth of idyllic, multicultural nation become exposed. It is when Sikhs and other racialized communities are asking to be considered more than economic pieces do the boundaries of tolerance get crossed. The application of the label of extremist on Sikh, Palestinian, Muslim, Tamil, Indigenous and other racialized communities within Canada only represents a community that is a deviant and refuses to be tolerated. They are communities who refuse to live on the fringes of society and challenge the power structures that exist. They are people who resist the liminal positioning of the racialized Other. The usage of the label of extremest gets used to demoralize the Other into a state of submission. However, it is in this moment where the state shatters its own mask that can allow for the Other to recognize the incomplete identities they are forced to occupy. It is in this moment that there can be conversations on how communities of colour can begin to reframe these discourses, and so articulate the complex pragmatics of solidarity politics (Puar and Rai 2002, 136). It is in this moment that they can connect with their political histories and engage in a connectedness that goes beyond that of the borders of the nation-state."

The fact that Sikhs are lumped in with those other minorities in Canada is frankly depressing for a non-Canadian such as myself. As much as I know it's true and appreciate the reasons behind it, that doesn't make it any less palatable.

Guest Jacfsing2

And this begs me to ask:

What exactly is Punjabi morality?

Thanks.

None, (but I believe that only through GurPrassad can anyone get morality not just Punjabi).

Other groups? They are human just like you and me. It is animalistic to think we belong in our own group. Even after the sikh genocide, you would think Sikhs would have become more understanding towards others’ suffering but you haven’t learnt a thing. And there are many other so called Sikhs who think in this same way as most lack kindness and are selfish. It is no brainer why Vaheguru hasn’t given us Khalistan; Sikhs do not understand what it means to be a true sikh. Daya came before Dharam, so you cannot be a true sikh if you do not possess compassion. Sadly, the blame isn’t on you as an individual but more on how Sikhs are raised by their parents. Punjabi parents do not raise their child with human qualities as they do not value good qualities but rather materialistic things. For instance, you couldn’t even value having a good heart; instead you belittled the natives while knowing children suffered in the process. I’m disgusted.

You don't know how my parents raised me to be, or how they are, so keep them out of this lol.

The fact that Sikhs are lumped in with those other minorities in Canada is frankly depressing for a non-Canadian such as myself. As much as I know it's true and appreciate the reasons behind it, that doesn't make it any less palatable.

I believe in any country Sikh's will always be 'lumped in with those other minorities' by virtue of societies perception of coloured people. But I think the challenge for Canadian Sikhs and Sikhs around the world is to garner positive media attention that outshines the size of the community. I think in the case of Canada, if the focus of the community was less on petty Gurdwara politics and focused more on making a difference for the Sikh community and the Canadian nation as a whole, we would naturally have elevated our stance and duty as Sikhs and as Canadians.

I think a great example is Jagmeet Singh of the Greater Toronto Area who has become a powerhouse in the NDP party.

He is not only a Sardar and practising Sikh but also has a background as a Criminal Defence Lawyer and advocates on a federal level for important human rights issues and issues that concern the minority communities in his riding.

So i think there is a lot of potential for Sikhs to elevate ourselves, not for the sake of anyone else, but because we as a community deserve positive representation.