If you are looking for Sun, Sea & Sand then visit Cape Town (South Africa) why restrict your self to Europe.

Australia and New Zealand is another place to visit if you looking for sun, sand and sea.

I am not sure why you want to travel an Southern European country given how racist those countries are towards minorities (non-whites).

Eduardo...

Ahh that does sound nice. greece was on my mind. Its pretty ticks the boxes. Sun, sea, sand and loads of character and things to sea. I was going to book it however after seeing the financial meltdown i thought better to leave it for now. ive seen hungary. Croatia sounds like a good one. Ill definately look into that.

Whilst the weather is good in the UK, what about Cornwall & Devon?

thanks. Yes will definately look into that. ;)

Australia and New Zealand is another place to visit if you looking for sun, sand and sea.

I am not sure why you want to travel an Southern European country given how racist those countries are towards minorities (non-whites).

Oh mate them two recommendations are ticking the boxes definately. however on a budget Atm.

Last week Budapest, Hungary came up in a business conversation.

Did some search online and found it quite promising.

1 Hungarian forint equals .0022 GBP

Yes budapest is nice got the amsterdam architecture going on. Ive seen it. Thanks for suggestion.

Yes budapest is nice got the amsterdam architecture going on. Ive seen it. Thanks for suggestion

Seems to me, bigcat, that you've already had your fair share of holidays and have visited most places. Hence the struggle to see something you haven't seen before.

For a nice change, may I suggest you stay at home with the family instead this summer and give the money you would have spent on a holiday to one of the desperately poor Sikh widows of 1984 in Delhi ?

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa ,waheguru ji ki fateh ,

since there are six in our squad budget has been the key lately twins 16 eldest 18 so 5 adults (yikes)

what we have done is go self-catering apartments/villas , we have done the following places :

Sardinia twice once in north the latest in the south (hubby and son did scuba not much sea life) , food is fresh not too expensive at supermarket , beaches are plentiful , sandy , gentle sloping into sea so good for toddlers , water transperant and turquoise , locals live in villages so quiet and polite . Can hire boats for day treks and get dropped to isolated beaches along the way.

Gomera did villa quiet not much food choice unless prepared to drive to larger towns ... did a couple of days at a 'sports clubs resort' good if you want a more active holiday, great hiking potential.

Tenerife not really my thing, would get bored rigid unless i wanted to spend everyday at the beach.

Rome city break with Hubby recommend downloading Frommers.com walking routes to explore city, was doing raw food vegan at the time loads of fresh fruit and veg and who doesn't like pasta?

Paris is getting better a few places are now catering to veggies (look online for lists ) but not many , used frommers again great walking place but is very very expensive.

Am going to Guernsey for two weeks soon , speak english , self-catering apartment very reasonable walking distance from beach, going by ferry cheap as chips and loads of activities to do , hubby and so doing beach walk-in scuba dives , coasteering and others horseriding .