All The "singhs" Are Good For.

Guest 0121Do1

D = Bundha Ji all three Abrahamic faiths also condone slavery. Does that means Sikhs should follow the mistakes of others? Sikh ik vakhri Qaum ne!

See there you go again.

If Sikhi is so great then you shouldn't feel the need to keep comparing yourselves to other religions.

I thought Sikhi was supposed to respect all other religions, not keep trying to find fault in them.

Your the bigger soorma, so come and stop Singhs. Cowards like yoy will never embrass Sikhi. You only follow a christianized version of Sikhi. My Guru judges my actions. Not some sunday going....God is one.....follow any religion fool boy.

Never claimed to be a soorma, not like you, fauji of Akaal Purakh.

op say when a couple clearly in love , what love an emotion which is first born out of lust and later called love.

As for the negative comments against all singhs , op you are just as bad its not just the duty of amritdhari or bana wearing Sikhs to help against atrocities around the world but its the duty of every decent human being so guess what that includes you too

(I think).

And the first place you can start is stop pointing fingers and respect SGGS JI as our living Guru and not just a religious text to justify or satisfy so called love born out of lust.

True love is the love of God / Guru , parents as these are irreplaceable.

But many so called in love couples separate/ die and find another where is this love then ?

Guest Jacfsing2

Try telling that to a Muslim that he can celebrate the most joyous moment of his/ her life with a non Muslim and get wed the Muslim way.Compare their numbers with ours.

Muslim men do marry non-Muslim women.

Try telling that to a Muslim that he can celebrate the most joyous moment of his/ her life with a non Muslim and get wed the Muslim way.Compare their numbers with ours.

Bhai Sahib i addressed this point on another thread:

http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?/topic/76978-muslim-getting-married-in-shepherds-bush-gurdwara-this-friday/page-4

Essentially the point I had mentioned in respect of your own was:

The disclaimer is that it is obviously imperative that any erstwhile Muslim male in question fully accepts Sikhi by confirming a change of surname to Singh and accepts that things which Islam and the Quran promote such as wife-beating, the inferiority of women, the permission for a man to keep four wives, the permission for a Muslim man to keep non-Muslim sex slaves, the permission for a Muslim man to rape non-Muslim women are all renounced via repudiation of Islam before Sangat.

Worried about numbers. Marry your wife off to another man. Once hes done having 3 or 4 kids with her. He will return your wife to you.

Lol that's quite a preposterous response to the serious demographic issue being discussed in the thread but yes I do encourage Sikhs to be welcoming towards erstwhile non-Sikh step-children that should be welcomed with love into the Sikh Panth so that the Sikh Panth (with a bigger population) can achieve more for Sarbat da Bhala globally.

So there are 5 million Sikhs in this generation of marriageable age (let's assume for argument's sake).

Remarkably only 20% find a spouse who doesn't happen to be born in a Sikh family background (despite the populations of the two main diaspora bastions of Sikh populations ie the UK and Canada being 99% non-Sikh and even India itself supposedly being 98% non-Sikh).

So OK via your method people like you stand at the gates and ruin the most joyous day of a couple's life.

And you successfully ban 1 million erstwhile Sikhs (of the 5million = 20%) from having an Anand Karaj at a Gurdwara.

The consequence of which is that the couple and all their future generations are lost from Sikhi permanently.

Via these tactics the Diaspora Sikh populations will be half of what they currently are within just 2 generations.

See there you go again.

If Sikhi is so great then you shouldn't feel the need to keep comparing yourselves to other religions.

I thought Sikhi was supposed to respect all other religions, not keep trying to find fault in them.

I hear you Eduardo. But speaking for myself (as a poor example of a Sikh) I very much see the reason for more people to become Sikh globally as being exemplified through clear cut differences between the various religions in relation to issues such as slavery, gender discrimination, racism, pilgrimages, superstitions, fasts etc. Only by highlighting the said differences can we avoid the "all religions are equally beneficial to humanity" approach.

Yeah but what you have to realise is it was a push from certain elements within the Christian religion that ended slavery, so you are being selective with your truths:

"Many early Christian opponents of slavery came from congregations such as Congregationalists, Quakers, Presbyterians, 'Methodists' and Baptists, who were called 'Nonconformists' or 'Dissenters' because they disagreed with the beliefs and practices of the Church of England. These Christians were often marginalised because of this, but their counter-cultural stance enabled them to make connections with those who faced other forms of persecution.

The main thrust of Christian abolitionism emerged from the evangelical revival of the 18th century, which spawned dynamic Christians with clear-cut beliefs on morality and sin and approached the issue of slavery from this standpoint."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/religion/religions/christianity/history/slavery_1.shtml

I mean you talk about how slavery is bad what did Sikhi as a religion actually do to end it?

Eduardo Ji, I have respect for Christian abolitionists. Nevertheless the Bible condones slavery.

Guru Sahib tell us to kill slaveowners and that no human being is inferior to another or be subject to subjugation.

The whole history of Sikhi is documented with a continual fight against Slavery for the last 500 odd years.

Sadly Sikhs did not have the demographic capability (in the context of their geographic location as well) to end Transatlantic Slavery but the Sikh Panth freed and prevented the enslavement of millions on the sub-continent.

I agree that the Khalsa Panth need to be more active (through greater numbers) in assisting the fight against modern day particularly in the form of human trafficking of women for use as sexual cash cows for their owners and the exploitation of children.

Nicely put.

Thanks for that.