Drugs - God Help Punjab

LOL were you on something when you wrote that "And this is why a lot of Sikh guys prefer Muslim girls nowadays."

Veer Ji i didn't mean the majority but "a lot" meant a significant percentage of Sikh guys are now married with Iranian girls, Ismaili women, Turkish women etc just like how a lot of Sikh guys always married Hindu girls right from the start.

Maybe not in New Zealand or the UK but in BC + the GTA u would be surprised at just how many.

But it's all good as all these women are new Sikhs and attend the Gurdwara and everything.

But on topic it's sad that these Pakistani drug smugglers are getting so rich off flooding our community with drugs.

But on topic it's sad that these Pakistani drug smugglers are getting so rich off flooding our community with drugs

See this is one of the reasons that the problem has got 10000% worse in the last 5 years without us even realising what is happening.

We, all of us, despite our claims of being sophisticated educated western born urbanites, have been and still are asleep.

For example, we still get many posts here on this forum where posters criticise bhangra songs about 'sharaab'. What none of us realised is that there is currently an exlosion of bhangra records coming out of Punjab with songs about 'chita de line'. These bhangra songs are being played everywhere. What none of us realised is that the words refer to doing lines of coke. You go to any wedding , party or even family gathering in Punjab and there is song after song about 'chita'. Cocaine, crack cocaine and Meths have spread across Punjab like wildfire over the course of the last year. And yet here we are still thinking the problem is purely with heroin from Pakistan. Here the Punjab drug agencies are still equating heroin, cocaine and meths with cough syrup and beer.

So I say to all of you, ignore the official Punjab drug figures because they are irrelevent and out of date. Irrellevent because none of us should care less if a man drinks a beer now and then or takes more cough syrup than he needs to and it is things like these that are included in Punjab's drug consumption figures. Both of those are silly things to do but in the real world they are tiny unimportant things. We need to educate Punjab about the real killers. Killers of not only their children but also of their society as they know it: Heroin, Cocaine and Meths. Our community needs to place a much much bigger stigma on these killers than it currently does. Right now, our community places doing heroin and cocaine with drinking a glass of wine. When a society does that it should not surprised by the result.

The problem now goes way beyond the heroin that comes in from Pakistan. The cocaine comes in from African and Isreali dealers from the rest of India and the Meths is cooked up by our own Punjabi families in their rural farmhouses before being distributed to the rest of Punjab.

All of this happened while our eyes were closed. We failed, that is true. But we should at least wake up now that we know. But if history teaches us just one thing it is the fact that history doesn't teach Punjabis a single thing. Now that we know we still won't wake up. We'll still be stuck in a 1990's time warp and criticise bhangra songs about sharab and pretend not to notice the plethora of songs about chita. The older generation still won't notice or understand that their children are doing bhangra to songs glorifying doing lines of coke and we'll all still keep saying Pakistanis and their heroin are the one and only problem. We will never learn.

Never knew things were this bad. I appreciated youth from poorer families were drawn to drugs for various reasons, but girls and those from affluent households too? I'm genuinely disturbed

I feel exactly the same way mistersingh. Emotionaly, these videos have had a profoundly sad effect on me. As I stated in the opening post, when our girls and baba are like this what hope is there for our boys ?

And on a different level, the last 2 videos (from the UK) are equally sad and do, in some way, articulate what many here have said, the fact that our parcharaks are telling all and dundry to keep their dastars and shak amrit without bothering with moral duties. The result is that we have now, in the west, gone down the same route the Muslims went and favoured quantity over quality. That is why these dastar wearing amritdharis feel no shame in smoking cigarettes.

There is very little at the moment to feel optimistic about. Its all looking rather dire.

You may not be aware of the considerable number of post marital deaths on wedding nights caused by a combination of sustained drug use followed by viagara

Oh I am aware of it DTF and this is partly the main point I'm trying to make, i.e the fact that we've taken our eye off the ball by continously being focussed on the heroin from Pakistan and the beer in the liquor shops. The problem, whilst we've asleep looking at the wrong things, has escalated to an unbelievable level. Now, taking your example, I have heard talk from people in Punjab about how the physically and socially devastating drug methamphetamine (ice) is the drug of choice for married couples to smoke together in a pipe in Punjab. Imagine what kind of a Punjab it is today where newly married couples lock themselves in their bedroom in order to smoke ice together and have a few days of non-stop sex......and their families are none the wiser as they just think its quaint and cute that the young couple love each other. That kind of Punjab....the kind of Punjab that exists today...is well and truly f****d ! You know all those 'sexologists' you see all over Punjab ? They even recommend methamphetamine as a cure for couples and their sex problems.

Now, as I said in my previous post, the methamphetamine (which is the most physicaly and socialy destructive drug ever) comes from homegrown Punjabi farms usually operated by ex-pat Punjabi americans and canadians and the root of the cocaine epidemic are the African and Isreali dealers in India. As I stated before, one of the reasons we let this happen is because we've stupidly been too fixated with the heroin coming from the Pakistanis which left us blind to to what was coming in and being done by others.

I use to think it was the searing heat and possibly the raw agricultural lifestyle that meant even relatively young Punjabi guys in their late 20's and early 30's seemed to look at least 10 or so years older than their actual age. Male relatives from older generations from back home worked harder than their modern counterparts, and they look about right for their ages on the whole. The younger generation have somehow prematurely aged whilst simultaneously shunning the physical agricultural work of previous generations. Now I'm beginning to think there's something sinister at play.

Some of these people may not be full-blown addicts, but there's got to be recreational use, like Jagsaw says, akin to smoking a cigarette or taking a few pegs of whiskey. What astounds me is that meth is not like popping a pill or taking a quick drag on a spliff; it is unbelievably destructive, and that's putting it mildly. Now, to see our sisters caught up in these shenanigans is just too much. What the heck is going on?

I don't know whether these people need a serious talking to or a helping hand. I just think they need help, full-stop.

Veer Ji i didn't mean the majority but "a lot" meant a significant percentage of Sikh guys are now married with Iranian girls, Ismaili women, Turkish women etc just like how a lot of Sikh guys always married Hindu girls right from the start.

Maybe not in New Zealand or the UK but in BC + the GTA u would be surprised at just how many.

But it's all good as all these women are new Sikhs and attend the Gurdwara and everything.

But on topic it's sad that these Pakistani drug smugglers are getting so rich off flooding our community with drugs.

Well, I find it quite difficult to believe that Muslim girls would marry Sikh boys without the latter converting to Islam first.

I know quite a few Muslims whose daughters got married to white boys but they became Muslims first.

Well, I find it quite difficult to believe that Muslim girls would marry Sikh boys without the latter converting to Islam first.

I know quite a few Muslims whose daughters got married to white boys but they became Muslims first.

not always... ive had muslim girlfriends in the past who said they would convert for me...