What Are Your Troubles In Life?

TheLion

Hi,

I've seen a few topics around about people being depressed and I realise a lot more people may feel like that too but don't want to talk about it. If you have anything you want to talk about that's on your mind that's got you feeling depressed or worried post it and I and hopefully other people will try to give you advice.

You're not alone, we are Sikhs and we look out for one another.

Peace

I like the initiative TheLion, I think its a wholesome gesture. A lot of times mental illness in the South Asian community is brushed aside as "childish" behavior or Kala Jadhu. Often even loved ones can't sympathize with those experiencing the pain because pain in society is often wrongly associated with only physical wounds or scars. Mental illness in forms of depression, bi polar disorder, schizophrenia etc. is a disease as much any other health complication and needs to be taking serious as such by everyone in order to help support and seek proper medical attention for the individual. Although mental illness is often seen as taboo I have yet to met someone who hasn't struggled or knew someone that has battled it.

This is an enlightening TED talk about one mans experience with depression.

I like the initiative TheLion, I think its a wholesome gesture. A lot of times mental illness in the South Asian community is brushed aside as "childish" behavior or Kala Jadhu. Often even loved ones can't sympathize with those experiencing the pain because pain in society is often wrongly associated with only physical wounds or scars. Mental illness in forms of depression, bi polar disorder, schizophrenia etc. is a disease as much any other health complication and needs to be taking serious as such by everyone in order to help support and seek proper medical attention for the individual. Although mental illness is often seen as taboo I have yet to met someone who hasn't struggled or knew someone that has battled it.

This is an enlightening TED talk about one mans experience with depression.

Yeah man I just wanted to help some people out, granted it probably won't change their lives but sometimes having someone listen can make the world of difference.

Peace brother

I think we all need someone to share our thoughts but there is nobody in our life.I have started feeling so lonely because i cant talk to anyone.My husband feels i do drama of being upset ,my family jst wants me to coperate with my husband.We have few issues for which we dont arrive on a common opinion and just because of that my husband thinks i am mean and i dont love him truely.If I try to become strong and focus on my things even then i get a tag of selfish woman if I forget my own things even then i am left alone saying that i only do drama.Root cause i believe is that my husband wants me to live a life that he thinks is ideal.For him it s more important to love his family instead of loving him however i too have some feelings.I gt love only on conditions but then i am the one called selfish.My life is not on track.I am suffering every moment but then nobody takes it seeiously because mental health is a thing not taken seriously in our community..I have started hating everybody because everybody is fake everyone thinks for himself or herself but if you think about yourself you are tagged selfish.I hope i get a solution soon.I dont want to waste my life .when i was studyng i always thought of my future as very meaningful i never knew family politics for me life is all about doing your duties but ppl want you to do drama instead ,nothing else gets recognised here no other virtues.I believe many girls are suffering and ultimately the world is suffering because of nonsense rituals nd customs ,sacrificing your career to please your husbands family .i respect his family nd i do all my duties but dramas i cant do i am a straightforward person but i am expected to do dramas to please everybody.i know i should meditate more nd that is the only solution to every problem but at times u are so much broken that u dnt hv the courage to do anything.all i want is to have a good loving relation with my husband.i wish he understands my love and affection for him.thanks in advance for helping and showing me right path.

I think we all need someone to share our thoughts but there is nobody in our life.I have started feeling so lonely because i cant talk to anyone.My husband feels i do drama of being upset ,my family jst wants me to coperate with my husband.We have few issues for which we dont arrive on a common opinion and just because of that my husband thinks i am mean and i dont love him truely.If I try to become strong and focus on my things even then i get a tag of selfish woman if I forget my own things even then i am left alone saying that i only do drama.Root cause i believe is that my husband wants me to live a life that he thinks is ideal.For him it s more important to love his family instead of loving him however i too have some feelings.I gt love only on conditions but then i am the one called selfish.My life is not on track.I am suffering every moment but then nobody takes it seeiously because mental health is a thing not taken seriously in our community..I have started hating everybody because everybody is fake everyone thinks for himself or herself but if you think about yourself you are tagged selfish.I hope i get a solution soon.I dont want to waste my life .when i was studyng i always thought of my future as very meaningful i never knew family politics for me life is all about doing your duties but ppl want you to do drama instead ,nothing else gets recognised here no other virtues.I believe many girls are suffering and ultimately the world is suffering because of nonsense rituals nd customs ,sacrificing your career to please your husbands family .i respect his family nd i do all my duties but dramas i cant do i am a straightforward person but i am expected to do dramas to please everybody.i know i should meditate more nd that is the only solution to every problem but at times u are so much broken that u dnt hv the courage to do anything.all i want is to have a good loving relation with my husband.i wish he understands my love and affection for him.thanks in advance for helping and showing me right path.

First of all thank you for sharing, I know it must have took a lot of courage to do so.

I think you need to stop caring about what other people think so much. You need to sit your husband down and explain how much you love him and say what you really want from your life and explain you're not trying to be selfish. Family and friends can say what they want but its you and your husband that are married to each other not other people so don't take what they say to heart. Develop a love for God, once you start praying with love for Waheguru you will feel more at ease, more relaxed and less worried. If you want to go and pursue a career then I think you should but ask your husband to help you with it don't abandon him because you said you love him. I can tell you now that if you carry on with this marriage in this state of mind where you're worried and not happy then it will end on a bad note. We all go through hard times where we feel alone but we are never truly alone because even if you say Waheguru once, with love and concentration then Waheguru will be with you, right next to you and the more you say it the longer he will be there looking over you and protecting you. When you are in a situation where you feel there is no way out, Waheguru will help you and he will give you that courage you want.

I hope this helps and if you want to say anything else please say so.

Peace

I moved to a new city, new hopes, had such high hopes, lived on my own. Have to work 2 jobs to survive, I sometimes dont' have enough money for myself after the basic necessities. I aint looking for sympathy, but I regret I did this all to myself. I left an easy job, to find a better job, with abetter title, after years of self worth issues. Once I got the job I wanted, I couldhn\t afford the basic ammenties.

I have hopes that I can make it, with my head over water.

I moved to a new city, new hopes, had such high hopes, lived on my own. Have to work 2 jobs to survive, I sometimes dont' have enough money for myself after the basic necessities. I aint looking for sympathy, but I regret I did this all to myself. I left an easy job, to find a better job, with abetter title, after years of self worth issues. Once I got the job I wanted, I couldhn\t afford the basic ammenties.

I have hopes that I can make it, with my head over water.

You hang onto that hope, that hope is your light and without that light shining in the darkness that this world can bring, you will fall into a deep dark path and it's going to be so hard to get out, I know because I've been through it and still am. You keep that hope and focus your efforts onto whatever you want in life. You got the job you wanted now keep it, be the best you can be at it because at the end of the day when you're older and you look back on life you can say that you never gave up and you worked to your limit to achieve what you wanted to achieve. The ones around you can look at you for hope to show them that if they want it hard enough they can do it. See when you achieve something you wanted, it's a domino effect, you inspire those around you and they inspire those around them. There is way too much hurt in this world and we need people that can do what they set out to do. Don't have "self worth" issues because no one is worth more or less than the next person, what makes us better in life is character, character is what set's you apart from other people, nothing letting that light be blown out, you protect what's yours and be thankful that you can, be thankful to God because God is the one who helps us through everything. If you put your trust and faith in God you'll be amazed at what you can achieve.

Keep your head up, don't give up.

Peace

Thanks TheLion for your reply,I have tried a lot to talk to my husband but he is not ready to listen.We have some misunderstanding but he is not ready to talk about it..I dont want to lose this relation but i think instead of trying to make him understand i should seek help from God.but it s really very tough when someone you love treats you as a culprit when you are not.my day begins with proving myself innocent nd ends in the same way but my husband is not ready to understand.he is providing me everything but he dont take my services..trust me this is the biggest punishment when your husband doesnt eat food cooked by you when your husband doesnt need you.i am so troubled i wish i could talk to Babaji and seek His help.i really want to talk to Babaji..i am not able to understand and find a solution to this problem.i am ruining my life my future because whole day i am thinking about the solution to make my husband love me but day by day he is turning against me.ì need courage .i will try to do simran nd seek Babaji's help