Which Is A Better Job For A Spiritual Lifestyle?

Agreed, but saying phat/jaap outloud is a must too.

Some people cannot do paat out aloud. Why is it a must to do it loud? As long as it's done with love for God, everybody is not the same dear. Everybody is on their own spiritual journey. No two fingers are the same. There are many ways to jap naam, God will hear even if done quietly if it comes from the soul.

You what? Are u for real? Ki liki jandi?

Lol.

When I was a kid I had a friend who went to Punjabi school with me. He was a very smart lad, no issues with his brain or anything, hehe, but he had a severe stutter. It drove him absolutely nuts. So he use to do his paat in silence, because he told me that he tried to recite Gurbani aloud, but his stutter was so debilitating it took him 10 mins to do Kirtan Sohila when it normally takes around 4-5 mins. He would joke that if he ever tried to do his Panj Baniya in the morning by speaking instead of in his mind he'd be finishing his Ardaas at lunchtime, lol.

Lol.

When I was a kid I had a friend who went to Punjabi school with me. He was a very smart lad, no issues with his brain or anything, hehe, but he had a severe stutter. It drove him absolutely nuts. So he use to do his paat in silence, because he told me that he tried to recite Gurbani aloud, but his stutter was so debilitating it took him 10 mins to do Kirtan Sohila when it normally takes around 4-5 mins. He would joke that if he ever tried to do his Panj Baniya in the morning by speaking instead of in his mind he'd be finishing his Ardaas at lunchtime, lol.

You're poor friend haha. Sometimes when I recite phatt alone at amrit vehla I feel like im being watched, as a result I start to heat up and get nervous. I do prefer doing it inside my mind though, it stops me making more mistakes, or at-least that is my belief.

You're poor friend haha. Sometimes when I recite phatt alone at amrit vehla I feel like im being watched, as a result I start to heat up and get nervous. I do prefer doing it inside my mind though, it stops me making more mistakes, or at-least that is my belief.

You are being watched... by God!! :o Nah, I know what you mean. Face starts burning doesn't it? Gotta go into silent mode to calm down for a bit, lol.

If Preet Ji had her way, any poor soul who couldn't speak would be barred from Sachkhand for being mentally damaged or something, lol.

Yes, I do recite it non stop with about 5 second breaks when turning pages. I'm sure the meaning would come to me one day, I lookup the meanings at times in translations, but sometimes the meanings seem obvious to me like in Sri Jaap Sahib.

No ji ur not getting what I'm asking. You made the comment how do people that cannot speak will get to know dharm? How do you think?

So I'm asking you how do you understand Gurbani when you listen to it? So you understand if somebody cannot speak they can listen or read. Why are you saying how would one know dharm without speaking? Have you seen the movie Eh janam tumhare lekhe? If not then I suggest you see it, then you will get your answer.

I saw that movie multiple times in the theatre, seemed more like a cultural movie than religious to me.. I understand Gurbani because I am saying it outloud and most of the words I understand because I am familiar with most Indian language nouns/verbs etc.. If a person was born like that and doesn't have the skills to talk, it is beyond my thoughts to understand how (most of them) can understand dharm considering even most healthy people these days don't even look into dharm.

You may understand most Indian language nouns/verbs, but you certainly don't understand humanity or think only healthy people have the right to understand dharm. This is probably the most senseless insult I have heard, what planet do you live on? Give up with you as you seem very ignorant of others. Jida twanu tek lagda Karo, meri mat thori a.

I saw that movie multiple times in the theatre, seemed more like a cultural movie than religious to me.. I understand Gurbani because I am saying it outloud and most of the words I understand because I am familiar with most Indian language nouns/verbs etc.. If a person was born like that and doesn't have the skills to talk, it is beyond my thoughts to understand how (most of them) can understand dharm considering even most healthy people these days don't even look into dharm.

They have ears, they listen, and then repeat with their mind. It's the exact same thing as saying it. You listen to something you can comprehend it perfectly. I heard an interesting lecture on the laws of thermodynamics, I didn't speak any way through it but afterwards I was perfectly able to recite aspects of it and I understood it flawlessly.