Which Is A Better Job For A Spiritual Lifestyle?

Ang 882 Line 18 Raag Raamkali: Guru Arjan Dev

ਜੈਸਾ ਲਿਖਤੁ ਲਿਖਿਆ ਧੁਰਿ ਕਰਤੈ ਹਮ ਤੈਸੀ ਕਿਰਤਿ ਕਮਾਈ ॥੨॥

Jaisaa Likhath Likhiaa Dhhur Karathai Ham Thaisee Kirath Kamaaee ||2||

जैसा लिखतु लिखिआ धुरि करतै हम तैसी किरति कमाई ॥२॥

As is the destiny pre-ordained by the Creator, so are the deeds we do. ||2||

True

If I have to write an essay that covers every single outcome and permutation in order to make a point, then I just haven't got the time for that. I attribute anyone who reads or replies to me to have enough about them to understand the gist of what I'm saying. Obviously, I assume too much in some instances.

My reply to another forummer that you've quoted above was within the spirit of the conversation being conducted at that time, whereby the conversation was about individuals or a smaller subsection of Punjabi society, as opposed to a more general view on the merits of education and how spirituality is often relegated to an afterthought or not at all in most situations..

If you had read my previous posts you'd also have read the following:

And:

How anyone can infer I'm anti-education and anti-progress from what I've said above is frankly baffling.

Plus I'd appreciate it you dialled down the hostility a few notches. I'm no Pavlovian test subject, y'know :)

In reply to this - the problem is that you are not consistent. You will write something for and then something against. Its like you sit on the fence and don't commit entirely and then depending on how the conversation tone is going - you will say either a for or an against view. Also the logic in your comments follows through only at a superficial level and most people don't realise this because you use too many 'flowery words' to give a sense of 'eloquency' but when I simplify your content into common words that people use in everyday speech you can start to see where the logic doesn't follow through.

I don't normally care but in this situation I didn't like that because there is a definite answer - every Sikh should strive to be the best in their Worldly jeevan and their Spiritual Jeevan. We have the freedom to choose that job but once we choose it then we have to be the best at it.

In reply to this - the problem is that you are not consistent. You will write something for and then something against. Its like you sit on the fence and don't commit entirely and then depending on how the conversation tone is going - you will say either a for or an against view. Also the logic in your comments follows through only at a superficial level and most people don't realise this because you use too many 'flowery words' to give a sense of 'eloquency' but when I simplify your content into common words that people use in everyday speech you can start to see where the logic doesn't follow through.

I don't normally care but in this situation I didn't like that because there is a definite answer - every Sikh should strive to be the best in their Worldly jeevan and their Spiritual Jeevan. We have the freedom to choose that job but once we choose it then we have to be the best at it.

Well, things aren't black and white. I'm still formulating my opinions on various issues. I'm not arrogant enough to believe I have the answers to everything. Sometimes it's devil's advocate, other times I'm trying to gauge other's opinions and views to aid my understanding on a subject. I'd rather be flexible and open to all points of view than corner myself into a place where I cannot accept another point of view that doesn't chime with my own pre-conceived notions, prejudices and bias.

If I may critique your personality and powers of comprehension for a moment. You're too idealistic. You either live in a bubble where the theory has literally translated into reality - in which case lucky you - or you're ignorant to the fact that noble intentions and the like rarely translate so neatly when applied to the rawness and unpredictability of the human experience.

I'd say your worldview would be admirable if you were in your teens, but I'm guessing you're well into your 20's, and as such your understanding of matters smacks of a paucity of life experience and a heck of a lot of self-righteous delusion. I guess a lot of that can be attributed to the extreme feminist doctrine you were fed during your formative years, so I guess in some respects you aren't entirely to blame.

But I'm very touched you think I use flowery language. You're making me blush. :)

you use too many 'flowery words' to give a sense of 'eloquency'

Bhenji, that is the side effect of a timeworn practice of reading books.

Tusi ta aapi kehnde ne ke sikhiaa sabh tau jaroori hai, but you object to people demonstrating this same education in their manner of speech? I don't understand.

Bhenji, that is the side effect of a timeworn practice of reading books.

Tusi ta aapi kehnde ne ke sikhiaa sabh tau jaroori hai, but you object to people demonstrating this same education in their manner of speech? I don't understand.

Singh Ji, haven't you heard of the unwritten rule whereby 'flowery language' is perfectly acceptable when used by a person whose opinions and thoughts align with your own, but whenever someone who doesn't share your opinions on the world dares to slip in an exotic synonym or two into a sentence, then all of a sudden it's a sign of arrogance and being an intellectual lightweight? ;)