Quran (By Allah, Jibril, Or Muhammad)

Guest Jacfsing2

Is Allah of the Quran(and also Torah/Bible) the same as the Allah/Vahiguru of Sri Guru Granth Sahib jee? .

That could be a little different because of the man known as Abraham the father of the 3 faiths of Christianity, Islam, and Judaism. Also Guru Nanak Dev Ji rejected other religions, but every religion has some basic truth: Monotheism. Also Abraham had sex slaves to whom the head of Islam was created: Ishmael.

Ok wabhags props to your Prophet Muhammad that he split the moon in two.

That's quite an achievement for a slaveowner pedophile to actually pull off.

But can u answer these questions

1. Do u believe pedophilia is wrong and bad (even if the pedophile in question is a Prophet of Allah)?

2. Do u think it is immoral for a 51 year old Arab slaveowner to marry a 6 year old girl?

3. Do u think it is immoral + evil for a 54 year old Arab slavetrader to sexually deflower a 9 year old girl called Aisha?

4. Do u believe slavery is morally acceptable just because the Quran condones slavery?

5. Because the Quran says men are free to have sex with their female slaves without consent do u think that is ok?

6. Because the Quran says women and slaves are inferior to male slavemasters do u think that is above criticism?

7. Because the Quran says women can be beaten if their husbands want to do u think that is above criticism?

8. Do u think terrorism supported by the Holy Quran is justifiable?

9. Do u think the Genocides carried out by Prophet Muhammad against non-Muslims should not be condemned?

10. Do u think it is fair that the Quran allows Prophet Muhammad unlimited wives and sexual slavegirls whilst restricting ordinary terrorists to just 4 wives (though normal Muslims are permitted unlimited numbers of sex slaves).

He is not "my Prophet Muhammad", since I am a Sikh. I do not believe in the Hadiths because there would make him a terrorist and rapists who split the moon in two.

I don't think so, Jehovah/Yahweh in the Old Testament is a bit of a genocidal maniac. What's more he is by his own admission, very jealous. This is not quite the same thing as our Nirvair Waheguru, in spite of the ingratiating contentions by some Sikhs that we all worship the same God.

I feel the need to respond since i probably find myself categorised in the "some sikhs" you refer to.

For myself, its not so much a sycophantic attempt to ingratiate myself with the abrahamic faith followers or anything. Rather, I quite simply believe that they've got it wrong. The torah, the bible and the qur'an contain fragments of the Truth. They've all been altered by man since their respective messengers moved on. Only Gurbani contains the whole truth. The rest of them are 'kachi bani'.

Oh please! Quran has many scientific facts? Like wat? Oh yea the world is flat like a carpet?

It has many scientific facts in it, but some scientofic fallacies (untrue things). So I'll agree it isn't written by Waheguru.

They have a lot of id imagine zoroastrian stolen rituals aswel as the jewish rituals which we all know of (no pork, shalom/salam, rockin back n forward wen reading, circumcision etc).

Well of course it has Jewish rituals...it is an Abrahamic Faith born out of Christianity that was born out of Judaism. And as for Zoroastrian rituals, I don't know of any that were stolen.

The hajj, where they worship a black stone with an idol inside (apprntly shiva's statue in there), throw stones at a wall (devil apprntly) and circulate the kabaa? Then they wear white robes over their shoulders, shave their heads n do all the above ancient PAGAN rituals?

The Kaaba does not have an idol of Shiva inside. Get your facts right. Here is a look inside of the Kaaba: www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-MimunZijM. Islam is against idolatry anyway. Yes circulating around the Kaaba is a ritual but it represents the seven heavens (they do it seven times). Muhammad made false rituals, yes, but it was made by him, and its not an ancient pagan or vedic thing. According to legend, Satan appeared before Abraham and Jibril those walls so that is why they now pelt the walls, a ritual as if Satan is still there they stone him like Abraham supposedly did. Wearing the Ihram clothing and shaving head is symbolic of humility and purity and devotion to God like how ascetics where rags and stuff. White is symbolic of purity and devotion.

They call their god allah, who was the pagan moon god, and the star/moon(crescent) islamic logo was found on old moon god worshippin pagan statues not long back.

No, the pre-Islamic Pagan moon god of Arabia was called "Hubal", not "Allah". The name "Yahweh", the Jewish god does have Pagan origins as the God of Israel. The word "Allah" come from "ilah", the word for "God" in arabic. At the Battle of Badr in 624 AD, Muhammad and his men fought against members of the moon god Hubal's cult. In 630 AD, he removed all of the Pagan idols from the Kaaba and probably had them destroyed. Also, are you going to tell me Christianity was based off of Egyptian Paganism, since the god of egypt called Atum's symbol was basically a cross? Moon and Star is a popular symbol, like how the Sikh Khanda symbol looks like the emblem of the Iran flag.

Fateh.

Bhagat singh

The story says that the angel Jibril (Gabriel) dictated the Quran to Muhammad from the mouth of Allah. What is the Sikh perspective of this? Is the Quran written by Allah (Waheguru), Jibril, or Muhammad?

Theres no saying that the quran in its present form is exactly the same as the quran was in the time of the prophet. Therefore we cant say who the author of the quran is. Since its inauthentic in its present state. It was compiled well after the demise of the prophet by the 3rd caliph who also ordered the burning of all personal copies of the quran. Until then, several copies of the quran were available in different regions of arabia with different dialects.

Most of the present day quran was narrated by islamic scholors including Hafsa the wife of the prophet (memorised and passed down through oral tradition), and from writings on animal bones/leaves and whatever else the arabs could write on (paper was expensive back in those days, wasnt commercially available and only the rich could afford it).

Now since the prophet didnt compile the quran himself nor did he appoint an official to compile it, whos to say the present day quran isnt riddled in faults and falacy? The message could very well have been distorted. And therefore it is kachi bani. Not written by Allah. The original message may very well have been dictated by the angel to the prophet but unfortunately, that message doesnt exist...someone forgot to write it down :/ lol

Theres no saying that the quran in its present form is exactly the same as the quran was in the time of the prophet. Therefore we cant say who the author of the quran is. Since its inauthentic in its present state. It was compiled well after the demise of the prophet by the 3rd caliph who also ordered the burning of all personal copies of the quran. Until then, several copies of the quran were available in different regions of arabia with different dialects.

Most of the present day quran was narrated by islamic scholors including Hafsa the wife of the prophet (memorised and passed down through oral tradition), and from writings on animal bones/leaves and whatever else the arabs could write on (paper was expensive back in those days, wasnt commercially available and only the rich could afford it).

Now since the prophet didnt compile the quran himself nor did he appoint an official to compile it, whos to say the present day quran isnt riddled in faults and falacy? The message could very well have been distorted. And therefore it is kachi bani. Not written by Allah. The original message may very well have been dictated by the angel to the prophet but unfortunately, that message doesnt exist...someone forgot to write it down :/ lol

Finally! A good aswer that isn't hardcore anti-Islamic! Thanks.

Finally! A good aswer that isn't hardcore anti-Islamic! Thanks.

I agree that if Guru ji spoke no ill of Muhammed and that Baba Harnam SIngh Rampur Khedewale mentions in Se kineiya he saw Hazrat Muhammed and Yeshua they are not pappi that people have made out but people with an ulterior motive of power mongering have corrupted the message most scholars see a distinct difference in early writings and the later writings in the quran , most of the bloodshed and hatred is in the Medina section of the quran . One question that been posed the the holy city was never Mecca because ALL the early mosques lined up towards Petra not Mecca up until 725ce but the message was hijacked by Uthman to create an Arab centric faith in a city he controlled , no trade routes went by Mecca until the advent of the his approved quran (he burnt all original writings captured by others, there were 11 orginal hand written 'qurans'.

The story says that the angel Jibril (Gabriel) dictated the Quran to Muhammad from the mouth of Allah. What is the Sikh perspective of this? Is the Quran written by Allah (Waheguru), Jibril, or Muhammad?

Even Muslims do not say Muhammed wrote it or Allah.

Many cretinious Islam haters here like Balkaar only spread hatred, they'd not know Gurbani if it plonked itself on their face. They know not the word spread by the Guru Sahibs.

If the Quran had no significance or was not deemed revelations of the Divine then in SGGS why would it be added in which it is implied in favourable terms?

http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.gurbani?Action=Search&Param=english