Laughter The Best Medicine

I found this funny, maybe it isn't but the original is not my idea of 'art' 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-56623734

Graffiti artwork on display in South Korea has been damaged by a couple who thought brushes and paint laid in front of the piece were for visitors' use.

"They thought they were allowed to do that as participatory art and made a mistake," the head of the exhibition in Seoul told Reuters news agency.

After staff spotted fresh brushstrokes CCTV footage identified the accidental vandals, a man and woman in their 20s.

The untitled piece is estimated to be worth about $500,000 (£360,000).

It was painted by US graffiti artist JonOne in front of an audience in Seoul in 2016.

It has since been displayed at various venues, along with the paint and brushes used in the live performance - which are regarded as integral parts of the artwork.

Kang Wook, the head of the exhibition at Seoul's Lotte World Mall, told Reuters: "We are currently in discussions with the artist about whether to restore it."

Graffiti artwork by Jon One that was damaged by a couple at a gallery in Seoul, South Korea, 2 April 2021IMAGE COPYRIGHTREUTERS
image captionThe couple contributed black splotches to the artwork

7 hours ago, Premi5 said:

I found this funny, maybe it isn't but the original is not my idea of 'art' 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-56623734

Graffiti artwork on display in South Korea has been damaged by a couple who thought brushes and paint laid in front of the piece were for visitors' use.

"They thought they were allowed to do that as participatory art and made a mistake," the head of the exhibition in Seoul told Reuters news agency.

After staff spotted fresh brushstrokes CCTV footage identified the accidental vandals, a man and woman in their 20s.

The untitled piece is estimated to be worth about $500,000 (£360,000).

It was painted by US graffiti artist JonOne in front of an audience in Seoul in 2016.

It has since been displayed at various venues, along with the paint and brushes used in the live performance - which are regarded as integral parts of the artwork.

Kang Wook, the head of the exhibition at Seoul's Lotte World Mall, told Reuters: "We are currently in discussions with the artist about whether to restore it."

Graffiti artwork by Jon One that was damaged by a couple at a gallery in Seoul, South Korea, 2 April 2021IMAGE COPYRIGHTREUTERS
image captionThe couple contributed black splotches to the artwork

Best insurance scam ever. 

Well the dude that bought a box of the worlds most rare and expensive cigars, insured them and then filed a case of fire damage is close. 

5 hours ago, MisterrSingh said:

qdnvsx.jpg

_methode_times_prod_web_bin_1944c0a8-58ae-11ea-ae40-36d0719ad0bc.thumb.jpg.605686c150439c3527da4484cb8141a6.jpg

Creola Katherine Johnson (née Coleman; August 26, 1918 – February 24, 2020) was an American mathematician whose calculations of orbital mechanics as a NASA employee were critical to the success of the first and subsequent U.S. crewed spaceflights.

Trying to figure out who got included with no maths skills. Who's infamous for that? Who is it that gets degrees again but don't have to study or perform?

12 hours ago, GurjantGnostic said:

_methode_times_prod_web_bin_1944c0a8-58ae-11ea-ae40-36d0719ad0bc.thumb.jpg.605686c150439c3527da4484cb8141a6.jpg

Creola Katherine Johnson (née Coleman; August 26, 1918 – February 24, 2020) was an American mathematician whose calculations of orbital mechanics as a NASA employee were critical to the success of the first and subsequent U.S. crewed spaceflights.

Trying to figure out who got included with no maths skills. Who's infamous for that? Who is it that gets degrees again but don't have to study or perform?

It's funny whether or not it's entirely accurate. I like to laugh at uncomfortable, risky things. It's the way I am.

Don't "check" my thinking. I know the difference between fact vs fiction.