Sign in to follow this  
singhcity

Sikhi Pantheistic ?

Monotheism and pantheistic ideas aren't mutually exclusive. I think we're confusing pantheistic with polytheistic because pantheist could be used describe people who worshipped the Pantheon of greek gods, but also refers to the belief all this is God. 

It seems to me Sikhia is Monotheistic, yes, Pantheistic in that all this is made from Gob by God, but in no way polytheistic or revereing the Pantheon. 

2 minutes ago, GurjantGnostic said:

Monotheism and pantheistic ideas aren't mutually exclusive. I think we're confusing pantheistic with polytheistic because pantheist could be used describe people who worshipped the Pantheon of greek gods, but also refers to the belief all this is God. 

It seems to me Sikhia is Monotheistic, yes, Pantheistic in that all this is made from Gob by God, but in no way polytheistic or revereing the Pantheon. 

Vaheguru is the universe but is also seperate from the universe, so that is panentheistic from what I am aware of

Screenshot_20181222-183728_Chrome.jpg

Bhagat Kabeer ji clearly tell us the answer. The creation is in Waheguru and Waheguru is in creation. This is because Naam is what supports all of creation (there is Shabad talking about this I think). But the creation (I.e. just this universe/ the multiverse) is not Waheguru since that is under the command of Waheguru. Waheguru commands these into existence (because he is a creative  being) but the universe doesn't create hukam (it is commanded by the one lord), Waheguru creates hukam, so in one way Waheguru and creation are the same (Waheguru permeates it) but in the other way they are different. Waheguru is the primal being who commands and is still commanding now.

Another way to think about Waheguru being in creation but not the creation itself (since Waheguru is uncreated) is that Waheguru ji resides in Sach Khand but just like how the sun rays hit earth, Waheguru ji's light also hits us and is inside.

46 minutes ago, GurjantGnostic said:

Panentheism  is the belief that the divine pervades and interpenetrates every part of the universe and also extends beyond time and space.

Not to be confused with Pantheism, two different concepts.

20 minutes ago, GurjantGnostic said:

Do pantheists think that God is limited to the Universe, or that the Universe made by God, from God, is a minor creation of an indescribable self-existant One far beyond that?

Pan = Earth

Theism = belief in God

Pantheism = God is the earth, universe and not anything above (so basically nature); and Sikhi is against that

Panentheism = God is in but also above creation as said in my post above

2 minutes ago, Redoptics said:

Panentheism  is the belief that the divine pervades and interpenetrates every part of the universe and also extends beyond time and space.

Not to be confused with Pantheism, two different concepts.

Lots of new concepts for me in this thread.  I always thought Pantheist referred believers in the Greek Pantheon. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pantheism

Wikipedia has it's own idea barely referencing that. 

4 minutes ago, GurjantGnostic said:

Lots of new concepts for me in this thread.  I always thought Pantheist referred believers in the Greek Pantheon. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pantheism

Wikipedia has it's own idea barely referencing that. 

Sorry link to panentheism

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panentheism

Actually the more I read - I doubt if you can "classify" Sikhism in any one group or bucket. It has elements across such groupings - the true hallmark of a belief system that transcends the understanding of humans - I am constantly amazed at the outpouring of description in the Jaap - one of the best forms I have seen - by one of the greatest poets the world has seen... 

Sikhi shows different layers as per your understanding

The shallowest one is "monotheism" , go deeper yet, you find "pantheism", just go a little deeper and you find "panentheism" , go at the deepest and you find pure "monism" (nothing exists except the ONE)