Asexuality... And Saying No To Marriage... Whats Wrong With It?

chanansingh

Mhmm, I personally know people who think similarly to that, those seem to me like the same people who are eager to have a 'vansh' lol.

I was genuinely under the impression that it was the accepted way of thinking, that remaining single as a Sikh even for honourable purposes was not allowed. Quite surprised tbh.

lol one of the reasons given to me (by an 'average' married sikh person) was that we have to enjoy 'kaam' first in order to get rid of it, which I thought was a really odd reason

I'm not sure about 'enjoying' but there is an argument of facing temptations or problems to overcome them instead of avoiding them completely. Although I'm not sure how relevant that is in this particular situation. In a wider context, if Sikhs avoided marriage (and therefore procreation) there'd be none of us remaining to continue Sikhi.

lol one of the reasons given to me (by an 'average' married sikh person) was that we have to enjoy 'kaam' first in order to get rid of it, which I thought was a really odd reason

Nah it makes perfect sense remember! when you're trying to cure someone of a drug you simply give them an OD of said drug and hope they'll survive and learn not to abuse again.

:lol2:

Thanks all for answering and discussing/debating.

I for one do not believe in heaven and hell. I am more concerned with taking care of my family and those in need and becoming a better person everyday.

I am least bothered with becoming celibate or saintly.

As I said before, I am not a celibate... I am not deliberately avoiding 'kaam' or sex. I just do not feel sexual or wish to get into this marriage business.

As far as explaining what marriage is in todays generation, maybe I was explaining a bit negatively. But these are my opinion. I am not saying that all women are bad. Nor am I saying that thats the reason im not getting married.

I just needed a clarification as a lot of sikhs/people get angry when someone says I do not wish to hook up or get married. I think the way human population is increasing everyday due to 'upar wale ki den', our world needs more people like us who do not wish to bring in more car parking issues and dirt and crowd.

Also, I am showing much more love and respect to my offspiring by not bringing him/her into this sick dirty world. I live in India where people love to keep their houses clean and throw their garbage and dog poop out of their windows. They can afford sunroof audi cars but not a 250 rs a month garbage man.

Plus sikh philosophy does not need offsprings to spread. We are not muslims who think that we should have 10 kids in every family or else we'll end up extinct like dinosaurs. Thats the uneducated approach we must avoid.

Sikhs are as pure/impure as others. We just need to find goodness and spread spirituality happiness and brotherhood... sikh or no sikh.

Thanks all for answering and discussing/debating.

I for one do not believe in heaven and hell. I am more concerned with taking care of my family and those in need and becoming a better person everyday.

I am least bothered with becoming celibate or saintly.

As I said before, I am not a celibate... I am not deliberately avoiding 'kaam' or sex. I just do not feel sexual or wish to get into this marriage business.

As far as explaining what marriage is in todays generation, maybe I was explaining a bit negatively. But these are my opinion. I am not saying that all women are bad. Nor am I saying that thats the reason im not getting married.

I just needed a clarification as a lot of sikhs/people get angry when someone says I do not wish to hook up or get married. I think the way human population is increasing everyday due to 'upar wale ki den', our world needs more people like us who do not wish to bring in more car parking issues and dirt and crowd.

Also, I am showing much more love and respect to my offspiring by not bringing him/her into this sick dirty world. I live in India where people love to keep their houses clean and throw their garbage and dog poop out of their windows. They can afford sunroof audi cars but not a 250 rs a month garbage man.

Plus sikh philosophy does not need offsprings to spread. We are not muslims who think that we should have 10 kids in every family or else we'll end up extinct like dinosaurs. Thats the uneducated approach we must avoid.

Sikhs are as pure/impure as others. We just need to find goodness and spread spirituality happiness and brotherhood... sikh or no sikh.

Mind your language when you talk about bringing children to the world

*EDITED*

Mind your language when you talk about bringing children to the world

You are just a loser calling this is a sick dirty world who doesn't want to do anything to change the world for better.

You are just like those losers who our Gurus were so against who left for the jungles.

Your response has been reported.

Please refrain from namecalling, inciting violence and hatred. Im sure if this is your version of spirituality, you will find people like us offensive.

Your response has been reported.

Please refrain from namecalling, inciting violence and hatred. Im sure if this is your version of spirituality, you will

find people like us offensive.

Omg so violence has been incited against you.

No worries no harm is going to come your

way from humans but be careful about the animals when you are hiding in the jungles. Lol

At first I thought you were one of those people who believe in making people infertile and depopulation, but you do have a genuine point.

Instead of having more and more PUNJABI sikhs by birth, why don't we spread instead by teaching other races about Sikhi. Its not necessary that ALL Sikhs have to be from Punjab. We can increase the Sikh population by just doing parchar and there will become more sikhs like that

I've heard these individuals say if a Sikh remains unmarried he or she will go to hell or will have to be reborn as a Sikh again in order to get married

Lol, people tend to feel better about their own unfulfilled lives when they know that everyone else is just as miserable as they are.

Horrors of domesticity, right paji?