Asexuality... And Saying No To Marriage... Whats Wrong With It?

chanansingh

At first I thought you were one of those people who believe in making people infertile and depopulation, but you do have a genuine point.

Instead of having more and more PUNJABI sikhs by birth, why don't we spread instead by teaching other races about Sikhi. Its not necessary that ALL Sikhs have to be from Punjab. We can increase the Sikh population by just doing parchar and there will become more sikhs like that

Where genuine point has the OP got?

He thinks this world is a dirty sick place and for him more children means more dirt and crowd.

Lol, people tend to feel better about their own unfulfilled lives when they know that everyone else is just as miserable as they are.

Horrors of domesticity, right paji?

Darn right. :)

Declaring a lifetime of existence and human experiences, as being a total null and void due to not getting married is a bit much though. It's these kind of attitudes that lead me to suspect that some use religion as a form of ensuring social conformity through the fear or threat of damnation in the afterlife.

Darn right. :)

Declaring a lifetime of existence and human experiences, as being a total null and void due to not getting married is a bit much though. It's these kind of attitudes that lead me to suspect that some use religion as a form of ensuring social conformity through the fear or threat of damnation in the afterlife.

Religion, in the hands of decent people, is a wonderful thing and a profound force for good. But in the hands of sanctimonious zealots, it can indeed be corrupted into a weapon of conformity, perhaps the most potent in the whole arsenal.

There's relief in numbers. If an individual is alone in believing something, for instance, that life is totally worthless in default of marriage, they are more likely to wrestle with doubt and feel less confident about such an idea. But if they can convince other people to adopt these beliefs, they find themselves emboldened. 'If all these other people believe it too, then I must be right!" It's a way for people to buttress their deficient sense of self-confidence by imposing their egos on others.

VAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA, VAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

There have been Sikhs who were celibate from Guru Sahib's time - Baba Deep Singh, Baba Budda Ji were celibate. If that is your choice, so be it. If you, at a later time, decide to get married, so be it.

Actually baba Budha Ji was married and had children.

VAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA VAHEGURYLU JI KI FATEH

I don't have a point. The Singh below mine said Baba Budda Ji was married, so I revised it to say Baba Deep Singh only.

Have a nice day. May you and your coming generations be blessed with Sikhi and Chardi Kalaa.

Guest Singh67

Everyone lives a different life.. if u will remain away from marriage, there will be other things n situations which will disturb ur mental peace. escaping from a particular situation is not the problem but to face entire world is what u need to do. some became religious after marriage n some lost their ethics. Being in grast givan is not necessary, u can live the way u want but If you want to live a life of true sikh n if ur wife is quite wise then i dont think so marriage will b a problem. If your spouse is chardikala just think how much she can help you out in attaining a stable state if mind.

Guest Jacfsing2

It depends on what you want to do, if you'd like to do lots of charity work or have an orphanage to help people, it would be best if you don't get married as your lifestyle demands long time for helping those groups. If you want to do Seva of the Panth and become an international prachark like Guru Nanak Dev Ji was, it would be best if you aren't married, (even though Guru Sahib himself was). If the reason you don't want to get married is simply your not attracted to anyone that's not a good enough reason. You have to do something valuable.