Asexuality... And Saying No To Marriage... Whats Wrong With It?

chanansingh

Everyone lives a different life.. if u will remain away from marriage, there will be other things n situations which will disturb ur mental peace. escaping from a particular situation is not the problem but to face entire world is what u need to do. some became religious after marriage n some lost their ethics. Being in grast givan is not necessary, u can live the way u want but If you want to live a life of true sikh n if ur wife is quite wise then i dont think so marriage will b a problem. If your spouse is chardikala just think how much she can help you out in attaining a stable state if mind.

Wise words. It's essential both husband and wife are on the same wavelength. Pulling in opposite directions is not the best thing.

This entire world rests on the back of householders. God and Guru bless all who enter into a cozy home. "Grist ashram mahan ashram" Married life, and I'm talking about a real marriage where two are blended into one soul, is the highest spiritual discipline of all. "They are not said to be husband and wife, who merely sit together. Rather they alone are called husband and wife, who have one soul in two bodies." (Guru Amar Das, Pauri, Ang 788) In this modern world it is not easy to do, but those who are truly blessed by the Guru make it through all the tests of time and space and enjoy the sweetness that lies within the words of the Lavan.

Guruka Singh can you please tell us which mudra helps a person in life? Also please quote which ang and Shabad says to do the mudra you prescribe.

Thanks.

I don't understand your question. What mudra? Can you elucidate?

I remember from a video you made, its on youtube, on how mudras help a person in life. You spoke about something called jupiter finger mudra. Can you please tell me which ang and shabad says to hold the jupiter finger mudra or other mudras? If you have forgotten what mudras mean please do a quick search on google.

Thanks.

OFF TOPIC

Ah, okay, now I understand. Thank you. I do not remember all the videos so I don't remember that particular thing. I do remember talking about effective communication and that when communication is blocked, you can press the tip of your little finger to your thumb to stimulate the part of your brain involved in speech, communication and listening. This technology of how pressure on nerves affects brain and behavior pre-dates the vedas, so it has been understood and used for a very long time. Long before Siri Guru Granth Sahib Ji was given to us.

If you'd like to continue this conversation, I ask that the moderators move it to a new thread since it is off topic here.

OFF TOPIC

Ah, okay, now I understand. Thank you. I do not remember all the videos so I don't remember that particular thing. I do remember talking about effective communication and that when communication is blocked, you can press the tip of your little finger to your thumb to stimulate the part of your brain involved in speech, communication and listening. This technology of how pressure on nerves affects brain and behavior pre-dates the vedas, so it has been understood and used for a very long time. Long before Siri Guru Granth Sahib Ji was given to us.

If you'd like to continue this conversation, I ask that the moderators move it to a new thread since it is off topic here.

No, I was not talking about this one. Here let me refresh your memory by providing the video.

Please watch your video and let me know on which ang and shabad, the Gurus tell us to do this mudra?

Thanks.

Hello all,

wjkk wjkf

I am 27 years old and male. I would like to discuss about a new phenomenon/orientation that not a lot of people are aware about.... but is completely natural.

I want to talk about asexuality. Its an orientation where people do not have any sexual desires towards any gender. Some of them masturbate, others dont. Some are romantic but want to stay away from physical relationships. As a matter of fact I found a sikh girl on AVEN forums (Asexuality forums) as well.

Ever since I was in my late teens, I stopped being sexually attracted to women in real world. I am interested in them, but the idea of marriage and/or sex intimidates me.

Especially in India nowadays, feminism and women power is being abused tremendously. Marriage in itself honestly is a business transaction. Men get married coz they want either sex, or hopefully a servant, or a child, or because marriage is a symbol of maturity.

Women want to get married coz log kya kahenge, to get 'freedom', children etc etc.

Girls parents literally 'sell' her daughter to the highest salaried person.

I have not found one woman I can respect in a loving way. Moreover, almost all indians get married and have tons of kids. We are not dinosaurs who will become extinct. I hate my surroundings and how dirty it is. I dont want to bring my child into this depressed corrupt environment.

I was on singhstreetstyle facebook page and made a few comments against 'marriage'. It doesnt mean that I hate married people.

Are there any seekh or quotes that suggest that one should get married as a rule? I couldnt find one.

I am a virgin and want to stay that way. I see almost every 11 year old having 'banda' and 'bandi' and kissing. I just cant imagine being in that state.

Here is a suggestion. Why don't you find a partner who also wishes to remain celibate? That way both of you can be married yet not have sex. Maybe sleep in different rooms? That way you get the best of both worlds.

• 5 months later...
There are some Sikhs who get very, very angry when other Sikhs claim they wish to remain unmarried and do seva for the rest of their lives. I'm not kidding, I've heard these individuals say if a Sikh remains unmarried he or she will go to hell or will have to be reborn as a Sikh again in order to get married, even if that Sikh has led an exemplary life as a Gursikh aside from getting married. I always assumed that was the default position on this topic.

That can be because it is easier to fall in sin when you remain unmarried than when you marry.

YOu do not go to hell because you did not marry, but because of your sin which are more likely to have committed because you did not marry.