Is The Concept Of Miri/piri Being Overlooked In Our Society Today?

Kira

lol be careful of what you say about our Sri Guru ji, he could do the opposite of what you said too if he'd like. Do you read Jaap Sahib? Clearly, Sri Vaheguru is the destroyer as well as the preserver and the creator, everything bad that happens is due to the person's past deeds aka karma and that is why they recieve dukha, and it is obvious to who gives out dukh and sukh to people. Be evil and recieve evil back, nothing wrong with that :) Praying is taking action, without action, how does one pray? Take a look at this thread (I am not the only one who believes this): http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?/topic/71788-bhram-kavach-maryada/

Of course he could, He was attacked by assassins, he fought back. He was attacked time and time again he fought back. Prayers aren't the full picture, what part of that don't you get. Gurbani made that abundantly clear.

If no Gurbani is better than another why did our Sri Guru ji bother to make kavaches with special maryadas which invoke shakti/energies? All Bani has power, but some is used for different circumstances because they are helpful towards it.

So someone who does Mool Mantr isn't going to get the same protection because they didn't do a certain bani? wow ok.

don't blame everything on Sri Vaheguru, Kiraji, I blame everything on myself, no need to assume before talking lies.

You just said waheguru does everything. So basically whenever someone is brutally murdered Waheguru does that.

go ahead and read namaaz and bible quotes from Joshua, our religion has no ahankar from our Sri Guru jis, while those other ones have mistakes in them one way or another.

Yes they make mistakes but the truthful parts still exist and for a true follower of god that is enough.

Are you crazy, he is a Sikh bhagat, he let go of his ways because the GOAT AKA THE ANIMAL TALKED TO HIM. You are denying animals can't talk in Kalyug, but THAT GOAT TALKED.

Good, then find me the Gurbani which backs this up. I'm sure you'll find it in the Guru Granth Sahib, I can't when I did a quick scan. I did a look at SikhiWiki and found that there were several scholars doubting the story. But im sure if it were true it would be mentioned in Gurbani.

Yes, I mean Goddess Sati who burned herself because she was DISHONERED, not for Sri Shiva, if even Sri Shiva didn't agree with Sati why do you think it is okay for Hindus to do it,

She burned herself not because she was dishonored but because her husband was. I.E she placed her self worth in line with Shiva. How is that coherent with Gurbani that teaches us our self-worth is in line with Waheguru. They glorified her sacrifice and used that as a model.

Devi Devtas don't sin anymore. Are you doubting Chitragupt Devta and Sri Yamraj Devta as well? Devi Devtas are protectors of dharm and protect those who are dharmic. They are pleased when someone worships Sri Vaheguru, just look at Sri Ganga Mahadevi, she loved Baba Ravidass's devotion towards God.

lol what. They do sin, just like everyone else. Their worms compared to Waheguru, these aren't even my words, there was a bani by Guru Gobind Singh which addressed this exact point. If you think that Hindu's are washign their sins in Ganges then you should go do it. Wash away your sin too.

You never answered my question to why our Sri Guru jis made sarovars then, they cleans us.

NO they dont. lol. I just posted Gurbani which says that God's name cleans us but you're ignoring that. If you're referring to amritsar then you should actually look at it properly before going "oh a sarovar, must be for a bath". The Concept of harmandir Sahib is to represent a lotus which rises above the seas of the world. That's why it was placed at the centre.

! There are plenty of other people who will keep up with miri like with your method and they will cleans the world of sin right, is that what you are doing, because clearly see it.

Guru Sahib asked for a balance from us. That's why we're Saint Soldiers. Is that too hard for you to understand? are you not capable of remembering god and helping people? is undertaking multiple things a tad too much for you?

Nice way to judge if I am as high/higher/lower than him, why aren't you at that level then if you follow his teachings? Are you lacking something? I think his teachings are good, but it depends on if someone actually listens to him instead of using sarcasm/mocking people when they don't know what else to say,

I deploy Sarcasm in the face of your idiocy. It hardly means I don't know what to say, it just means I like employing it to show how incoherent your points are with Sikhism. If you think you're on his level of Spiritual Gyan then you're the one with Anhkaar lol. It's one thing following someones teachings, it's another actually bringing them to fruition. He was a Saint, you are not, nor am I. If we try we can get there, but we're not there. Get over it.

if they do know what else to say go ahead and prove me wrong.

I post Gurbani and you start challenging that. Other posters call you out and you claim you know it lol.

Go join islam if you think it is the truth.

Go Bath in the Ganges and purify your sins then.

Prayers ARE the full picture. Without prayers is nothing, we are pagal without prayers, we are blind without prayers, without path we are nothing. I'm not the one who made the rules, and if I remember correctly all Sri Gurbanis have mool mantr in it so that comparison is false.

How is it false lol. The Gurbani Mool Mantr is essentially Japji Sahib as it encompasses all the key beliefs of Gurbani. lol. So are you now saying that to gain protection I need to recite certain shabads? that certain gurbani is inadequate to protect someone?

Do you still find it to be useless to light aggarbati/fire and offer water ;)? I don't think it is useless, we need to do that.

Says who? None of the Guru prescribed such useless practices. Maybe while you're at it, you can put up a picture of the Guru and start doing Matha Takh to it :)

at. Whenever someone is brutally murdered it is due to their own karma, if they are not iniaitated into dharam and do not attain nirvan they will go across suffering, to stop suffering you must find a true Guru Swami ji that will help you find the right way,

You just said Waheguru does everything. Are you now retracting that statement? Are you saying that children who were butchered during the Mughal stampede in Guuru Gobindd Singh Ji's life deserved to die?

So stop with the anap shanap saying that all religions are equal.

I quote Gurbani where Guru Sahib describes what a true hindu or muslim is lol. Yes their ritualistic, yes what they do has been corrupted but Gurbani even corrected it for them.

Why should I find you quotes when I already told you the story, only nastik people doubt the story, elsewhere everywhere else this story is held in high regard, we are not pagal to believe in this story, it is a TRUE story

Everywhere? lol. First time I've heard about a talking goat. Guru Sahib never mentioned it in Gurbani, so why should it matter to you if it happened or not :)

and Baba Sadhana recieved kalyan, if you are doubting the spark to his kalyan you are doomed

lol I never said I doubted that. I said the story never crops up in Gurbani so thus it has no meaning to us. His Bani does however, showing he was an enlightened being.

Now, look at that goat talking, you kept saying animals can't communicate, then I told you the story of Gajendra Moksha, then you said not in this yug, then I gave you this one, what else do you want

I pointed out the story of the elephant happened in Satyug. You then gave the example of the goat, I pointed out it wasn't mentioned in Gurbani, yet you still assert it's true even though it's never even been added in there.

Yeah, she burned herself because of that, it is related to us because her own spouse got mad at her for doing that so how does it make it right when the Hindu people's own bhagwan Sri Shiva didn't like that. They say whatever their bhagwan doesn't like is a paap, so look at this.

lol read the Dasam Granth. He got mad at her and then took his anger out on everything else. How is that logical? She didn't do it because he was her bhagwan, but her husband. Implying her own self worth was based on her husbands. As a result she considered herself inferior to her husband. The fact that it's described as an act of inequality inconsequential to what Shiva thought shows that her line of thought isn't in line with what woman should think. 4

Devi Devtas are protectors of dharm, they protect people who are true dharmic people and who ask them for help. Sri Chitragupt and Sri Yamraj are fine examples of that, they are devtas and they protect dharm and give insaaf afterwards.

Good, pray to them for insaaf then. Why are you praying to Waheguru. Why are you asking him to protect dharma, pray to your Ganga Devi and go bath your sins in her waters.

Can you give me a link to where it says that the Sri Hari Mandir is supposed to represent a lotus? I'm sure it is true, but please give me the link.

It was part of a lecture done by a visiting Jatha or well individual in our local Gurudwara. I'm going back on tuesday to learn Santhiya so I'll ask them then.

What about other old Sri Gurudwaras and Sri Gurdhamaans that have sarovars, what are those forr?

Most of the Gurudwara were created after the passing of the Gurus to commemorate their visits/deeds etc. I already posted Gurbani which explicitly said bathing in sacred pilgrimages is pointless. But as usual you know best Great Guru Preet Ji.

I am only 19 years old, I am sure in a few years I will be able to balance Miri and Piri, until then I am going to try and master one of them. I am no saint, so that is why I am bound to be imperfect.

You must really be underhanded then :/ you have time to come on here and argue with me, you clearly have some free time to go and help out somewhere. Maybe a volunteer shop, or do seva at your gurudwara. You don't master one and then master the other. They work simultaneously. focusing on one but ignoring the other is against gurmat. Age is hardly an excuse.

I practice my religion the way I am told to

By Who? the local Pandits at your Mandhir, alright.

. I don't challenge Gurbani, I am saying you are mistaking my thoughts for something else.

Yes you do, I've paste quotes which show pilgrimage and even bathing in certain places doesn't rid you off sin but you still think it does. lol. Maybe you should go to the ganges and then it might wash some misconceptions off you too along with the sin.

Oho are u two still going on? ??

The beautiful dome, shaped like an inverted lotus,

http://www.sikhiwiki.org/index.php/Harmandar_Sahib

The upper storey is gold plated, crowned with a dome (the Golden Dome) shaped like an inverted lotus. With the first light of dawn, the reflection of the temple in the tank gives an ethereal atmosphere to the complex. As the sun shifts, the temple presents myriad views, each magnificent and captivating. The Golden Dome (said to be glided with 100 kg of pure gold) is supposed to represent an inverted lotus flower, pointing back to earth to symbolize the Sikh´s concern with the problems of this world.

http://www.amritsar.com/harmandirsahib.shtml

I may aswell join in too ?

Lol the comparison is false because it isn't even a real scenario.. so you are comparing something to a lie. Certain shabads are good for certain scenarios believe it or not, such as Sri Kirtan Sohila for night/bed time, and Sri Rehras Sahib for the evening, will you argue this too now, lol? Says other Sikhs who are obviously more dharmic than us? I am sure it is written somewhere, that is for you to find out since you are so curious, I just listen to my Sri Guru ji. Everything that happened was supposed to happen due to karma, nischant kaal cannot be stopped by anyone no matter what way it may come to us. So then what is the corrected version of their religion, Sikhi?? The goat story did happen, go ask any Gyani ji from any Gurdhaam and you will see that they will say yes it is true. If I didn't show you evidence of Gajendra Moksha you probably woulda said that was fake too ha ha, so why doubt a story that is obviously in our dharm. The story does have a meaning to us, it is what made him into a dharmic and better person, it was something that changed his life, and if you want to prove to me it didn't happen then go for it. Well the goat story is true, it is the background story of what made Baba Sadhana a dharmic person. Yeah, so there you go that is why Sati isn't supposed to be done, if her own spouse aka the Lord of Hindus got mad it doesn't make sense to why other people preform it, before that incident I don't even think people did Sati. Why does it bother you that Devi Devtas are protectors of dharm..? They sure are, I even gave examples, and I chose to Pray to Sri Vaheguru because I do what is told in my religion. One way or another it reaches them too since everything has Sri Vaheguru in it. Okay thanks ^^ Lol if bathing in sarovars and rivers isn't considered dharmic then why did sarovars come to be created on Sri Gurdwaras then?? You never answered that. Lol it is summer 2k15, so I do have free time, I did do seva when I had a ride though.

go to the jungle and come and tell us more "goat" stories from there.

may all your devis and devtaas keep you good company.

Lol the comparison is false because it isn't even a real scenario.. so you are comparing something to a lie. Certain shabads are good for certain scenarios believe it or not, such as Sri Kirtan Sohila for night/bed time, and Sri Rehras Sahib for the evening, will you argue this too now, lol?

Rehras Sahib is even a part of Guru Granth Sahib in the sense its fully compiled in one part. It's a composure of Shabads. Certain Bani are read at certain times due to the Rehet Maryada. There isn't a time for when they can and can't be read. You said it isn't a real scenario lol. But there are plenty of people that only know Japji sahib. By your line of thinking they can't invoke protection because it's inadequate to protect them.

Says other Sikhs who are obviously more dharmic than us? I am sure it is written somewhere, that is for you to find out since you are so curious

Then find it. I'd rather listen to something that's in the Guru Granth Sahib.

I just listen to my Sri Guru ji.

The same Guru Sahib didn't include this talking goat in Gurbani. So much for listening to him then.

verything that happened was supposed to happen due to karma, nischant kaal cannot be stopped by anyone no matter what way it may come to us.

But why are you now retracting your statement. Are you saying that Waheguru doesn't do everything? that we're now capable of doing? that our deeds are are own? You just said waheguru does everything. So why the sudden turn to Karma.

The goat story did happen, go ask any Gyani ji from any Gurdhaam and you will see that they will say yes it is true. If I didn't show you evidence of Gajendra Moksha you probably woulda said that was fake too ha ha, so why doubt a story that is obviously in our dharm.

You're right I did doubt that story, till you pointed it out in Gurbani. Now point out the Goat in Gurbani.

Yeah, so there you go that is why Sati isn't supposed to be done, if her own spouse aka the Lord of Hindus got mad it doesn't make sense to why other people preform it, before that incident I don't even think people did Sati.

But the conundrum is why she did Sati. She placed her self worth in her husband, which is against sikhism.

. Why does it bother you that Devi Devtas are protectors of dharm..? They sure are, I even gave examples, and I chose to Pray to Sri Vaheguru because I do what is told in my religion.

Why would Waheguru need them to guard Dharm? you're saying he's incompetent of doing so. These so called protectors of Dharma didn't come down in the late 1400s. Guru Nanak did, he was the protector of Dharma. Not them.

One way or another it reaches them too since everything has Sri Vaheguru in it.

You say that but refuse to accept that anyone other than a Sikh can pray to waheguru and that he wouldn't listen. You then had the audacity to say that Waheguru only helped them on rare occasions like you're some Brahmgiani who knows the limits of what waheguru can do or what he has done.

Lol if bathing in sarovars and rivers isn't considered dharmic then why did sarovars come to be created on Sri Gurdwaras then??

I already pointed out that most of the Gurudwara were built after Guru sahib's time. If you think its Dharmic despite the fact I even showed you Gurbani which contradicted that then you're challenging Gurbani and think you know better. most people don't take baths in Sarovars to "wash away sin" if that were the case then you could sit a sarovar till you die and be free of all sin. Gurbani tells us the true Sarovar is God's name. Why is that hard for you to stomach?

Lol it is summer 2k15, so I do have free time, I did do seva when I had a ride though.

good :) then boast it a bit more and you'll be at-least trying for both sides of the coin :)

There is no need for enemies like RSS or Shiv Sena, when you got Sikhs like Preet doing their work for them. Assuming she's just a misguided Sikh, if not plain out a hindu. All this ganga, ram, devi devta, talking goats or what not, aarti, washing sins away s*** is ridiculous, and should be kept away from this forum. Its all just one step away from saying "Sikhs are hindus." Hinduism=mythology.

There is no need for enemies like RSS or Shiv Sena, when you got Sikhs like Preet doing their work for them. Assuming she's just a misguided Sikh, if not plain out a hindu. All this ganga, ram, devi devta, talking goats or what not, aarti, washing sins away s*** is ridiculous, and should be kept away from this forum. Its all just one step away from saying "Sikhs are hindus." Hinduism=mythology.

Not Sikhs but so called Sikhs.

Preet ji twadi kalam Di shaahi Kado mukni?

???. i guess this is the brief explanation method??. Parchey mukde NI lolzz

Bit of shayri ji

"Meri kalam Di shaahi nahi mukdi

Manu pata NI main ki likdi

Meri kalam Di shaahi nahi mukdi

Likdi likdi na main rukdi

Meri kalam Di shaahi nahi mukdi

Manu keho na kuch, na veh naa

Sirf pari jao te confuse hojo, te Karo wah wahhh..."

Bas Kar Hun?