Sikh Girls Marrying Muslim Boys

I'm sorry Simran but I beg to differ. This problem of being 'tough to be a parent' only exists in Western nations. In western nations, a teenager can run away from home and survive on some kind of welfare. Moreover these are 'monied' societies where even a beggar has a higher standard of living then many wage earners in the East. In the East, there is no such options.

I've personally witnessed bad and good parenting and it's always those who refuse to budge on their principles that always come out on the top.

As for Gurdwara, as I've mentioned before legal action can be taken and committees can be voted out.

That's okji you are entitled to your opnion. You are right in a sense but it is a worldwide issue parenting nowadays is more stressful I feel as there is more choice. Children are growing up so fast and are very defensive too than before. I agree with SinghBerkshire, it's not just our community it's others too.

In India too parenting is th hardest I guess, if not marrying into other faiths, there are other issues, drugs alcohol, etc, more freedom. Do to Bollywood. And th going abroad case. Sheikhyobooty emphasizes on educating, awareness, more support. Couldn't agree more, where's there is no knowledge, there is no progress. But then again it is kalyug, and this is all happening in Gods hukam, we can try ourselves, but Jo rab da hukam uste NI jor koi. All society has changed, compare what the world was 15-20 years ago to now, one day hukam will also reverse the problems.

SheikhyoBooty ji I wouldn't say I'm intelligent, Meri Mat thori a, but thank you ji for ur blessing, I'm also learning, I only write what I feel, as logically as I see it. I have my own self to judge and if I learn something from others then I am blessed to receive that.

Gud idea but some wouldn't agree, I think this is great idea, already there are organisations set up to help alcoholics in our community and things are being in place to have these sort of services accessible for our community. Gurdwaras are where most of our community goes and what better place to have these counsellors at. Just more need to get involved and get the ball rolling.

I just want to wait and see how gurdwaras will be running in 20 years or so when the next generation step in like us. For now most gurdwaras committees are no different from masands. That doesn't mean mean youth can't do anything though we have to work our way around these committees to at least have a basic ground to help sangat. Like I mentioned counseling before. There for sure are good Gursikh bibis/phenjis out there who can help out as counselors for their own local sangat and trust me it can make a big difference.

Here in America, sadly most gurdwaras have no what so support for sangat. I mean in UK you have guys have atleast couple organizations to support sangat in different areas but here its complete chaos.

Punjabi parents of this generation more over care about education than religion as they don't care who their child marries as long as she is standing on her own feet and blah blah blah.

Also in UK, you guys enough youth to stand up against interfaith weddings too from happening in gurdwara too but in America not even one has been avoided.

I just want to wait and see how gurdwaras will be running in 20 years or so when the next generation step in like us. For now most gurdwaras committees are no different from masands. That doesn't mean mean youth can't do anything though we have to work our way around these committees to at least have a basic ground to help sangat. Like I mentioned counseling before. There for sure are good Gursikh bibis/phenjis out there who can help out as counselors for their own local sangat and trust me it can make a big difference.

Here in America, sadly most gurdwaras have no what so support for sangat. I mean in UK you have guys have atleast couple organizations to support sangat in different areas but here its complete chaos.

Punjabi parents of this generation more over care about education than religion as they don't care who their child marries as long as she is standing on her own feet and blah blah blah.

Also in UK, you guys enough youth to stand up against interfaith weddings too from happening in gurdwara too but in America not even one has been avoided.

I can't comment for USA ji but I see some gurdwaras here are changing. It's not a lot but anything is better than nothing.

They care more about education as they probably struggled themselves and want their children to have what they didn't so are painting the picture of success which is not a bad thing, but some are spilling the paint over the picture, with one colour missing, thus neglecting faith and moral values.

Is nu kende a kalyug de rang ji. Jad rang duljanda fer tasveer pechaan ni hundi.

Lal rang tis ko laga, jiska vadbhagaa - Guru Arjan Dev ji ?

I'm sorry Simran but I beg to differ. This problem of being 'tough to be a parent' only exists in Western nations. In western nations, a teenager can run away from home and survive on some kind of welfare. Moreover these are 'monied' societies where even a beggar has a higher standard of living then many wage earners in the East. In the East, there is no such options.

I've personally witnessed bad and good parenting and it's always those who refuse to budge on their principles that always come out on the top.

As for Gurdwara, as I've mentioned before legal action can be taken and committees can be voted out.

Not as easy as that....not with all the corruption and hogging of commitees. The old boys will not budge and I have even seen in one gurdwara it came to a full on fisty punchup in front of sangat on a Sunday morning. If one tries to vote another out they are seen as troublemakers and can seen in bad light amongst our close community.

They all have their own "reasons" not wanting to step down or be voted out. For example one Gurdwara in Southall the Pardan's son was a mortgage broker. When the Gurdwara decided to purchase some properties yes they went to him. And yes he offered the Gurdwara the worst possible deal on a interest only mortgage term. Why I hear you say?...Because his commission was a dream earner. It was all stamped up by the Pardan and his son now at the age of 47 sits retired. Yes he made that much money from the commission that he retired!! Left the Sangat to pick up the pieces financially. They only got found out when during an audit questions were asked about why the hell they were obscene amounts in payments.....

And yes the pardan still sits there in power.....

That's okji you are entitled to your opnion. You are right in a sense but it is a worldwide issue parenting nowadays is more stressful I feel as there is more choice. Children are growing up so fast and are very defensive too than before. I agree with SinghBerkshire, it's not just our community it's others too.

In India too parenting is th hardest I guess, if not marrying into other faiths, there are other issues, drugs alcohol, etc, more freedom. Do to Bollywood. And th going abroad case. Sheikhyobooty emphasizes on educating, awareness, more support. Couldn't agree more, where's there is no knowledge, there is no progress. But then again it is kalyug, and this is all happening in Gods hukam, we can try ourselves, but Jo rab da hukam uste NI jor koi. All society has changed, compare what the world was 15-20 years ago to now, one day hukam will also reverse the problems.

SheikhyoBooty ji I wouldn't say I'm intelligent, Meri Mat thori a, but thank you ji for ur blessing, I'm also learning, I only write what I feel, as logically as I see it. I have my own self to judge and if I learn something from others then I am blessed to receive that.

Another point I would like to add, check what is being taught to your schools. In the US, children are taught to be rebellious against their parents and a whole load of other mumbo jumbo that many parents are now 'home schooling' their kids. It's in the public schools in western nations where they learn it's 'cool' to rebel against any authority figure.

Not as easy as that....not with all the corruption and hogging of commitees. The old boys will not budge and I have even seen in one gurdwara it came to a full on fisty punchup in front of sangat on a Sunday morning. If one tries to vote another out they are seen as troublemakers and can seen in bad light amongst our close community.

They all have their own "reasons" not wanting to step down or be voted out. For example one Gurdwara in Southall the Pardan's son was a mortgage broker. When the Gurdwara decided to purchase some properties yes they went to him. And yes he offered the Gurdwara the worst possible deal on a interest only mortgage term. Why I hear you say?...Because his commission was a dream earner. It was all stamped up by the Pardan and his son now at the age of 47 sits retired. Yes he made that much money from the commission that he retired!! Left the Sangat to pick up the pieces financially. They only got found out when during an audit questions were asked about why the hell they were obscene amounts in payments.....

And yes the pardan still sits there in power.....

Yup, same story everywhere. And Sikhs say drinkers/smokers are bad people. LOL! Many Sikhs have a very skewed perception of morality. If you drink or smoke you're just an 'evil Gabbar' but if you don't you can get away with pretty much everything as per your example. It never ceases to amaze me how this happens in Gurdwaras.

The only way to end this is to be vigilant and it can be done.

that's why you convert the girls so you can marry them.

Thanks for insinuating I'm in the process of, or have converted a Sikh. I have not, and will not.

Also, you truly don't know much about Islamic conversion if you believe people just 'convert people'.

Another beadbi sham marriage stopped, that too, at 1 of the most important gurdwaras in the uk. If a significant gurdwara like this 1 in southall is carryin out illegal weddings, wats this sayin in regards to how much they care for sikhi and respect they have for akal takht maryada.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1462891434036753&substory_index=0&id=100009477327588&refid=17