Why Have The Sikhs In England Failed To Follow The Basics Of Sikhi

JSinghnz

I see lots of articles asking repetitive questions like Sikh girls marrying muslim boys blah blah blah.

Just want to know how could the Sikhs in England failed so miserably in stopping Sikh girls to do so.

1 - The parents - 1st generation failed to educate themselves about Sikhi like people of Islam came just as Sikhs and yet managed to educate their children be it whatever method but DID and even managed it so they learn the QURAN in another language, Arabic not a language of Pakistani Muslims ( Rant about how Sikhs came etc no homes, no understanding of the langage etc etc balh blah, yet the mentioned Muslims, Hindus were in the same situation and STILL managed to preach and establish themselves and Religions.] It's true, men stayed in pubs, and the women gossping around the TV to Doordarshan and Zee TV whilst the children grew up out of sight doing all that they paretnts are crying over, now they sit in Gurdwaras moaning, crying our children do not care for us, they eat meat, drink, smoke, drugs! Well who's to blame? themselves!

2 - The so called Granthis, Pathis in the Gurdwaras do not preach or learn things so they can preach to the wider community as do the Priests, Imams and Rabbis of other Religions. Did we know that we do not celebrate Diwali? NO, yet we did and only recently Bandi Chow Divas was explained what Sikhs celebrate and the list goes on and on....

Chalo im quite pleased non-sikhs r signin this, it means, actual sikhs will hopefully have read that crap and laughed n thought wat a load of tosh! Y support some1, whos gona write that inaccurate nonsense?

Couldnt have said it better sajna. By marryin a non-sikh ur automatically kind of not givin a damn about the dharam itself....so oh yea lets get married in that ceremony, which i dont give a damn about!? Makes absolute no sense man.

Whats very very ironic of this all is, she claims her self as 'half sikh/hindu' coz of her parents bein 1 of each. So theyve raised a confused women, who cannot profess allegiance to 1 dharam, n now she wants to allow others to have confused kids in mix-faith marriages, jus like her own mum/dad have done!

If she is half-hindu, why don't she just get a pandit and marry in a mandir or a hotel.

She can still go to India and buy the lengha and the jewellry to wear for the ceremony. She can even buy the matching outfit for the groom with a nice pink Turban.

I'm afraid not.

Her petition is even being signed by non-Sikhs. Look at the names.

Since when did 'Andrew Sefton' and 'Smrithi Vipinachandran' have a say in matters of the Sikh religion?

Desperate, simpering white knights who'd sell their own grandmother if it meant a chance with a hot girl. Yeah, I'm that cynical, lol.

Bro, do u have twitter? If so, cud u PLEASE correct this dumb liberal b!tch, coz we cannot let her get away with writing absolute disgraceful n most of all incorrect inacurate stuff about our SGGS!

Im gona start a thread on this disgrace, and try n inform other sikh orgs n ppl, like basics of sikhi, sikh2inspire, sikh youth project, sikh youth birmingham/derby. This silly dopey cow shud be hounded into submission. Shes already acquired 44 signatures.

Message sent to her, but I highly doubt she will respond back to me though.

EDIT:

As for this topic, this definitely is more European issue than Global Sikh issue due to high number of Muslims and their agenda to turn Europe into Muslim state. (lol).

Here in Canada (and I guess USA), we're dealing with right wing Christians and their agenda to convert us. But at least they're not grooming our people, but instead trying to educate our people about their beliefs though.

Desperate, simpering white knights who'd sell their own grandmother if it meant a chance with a hot girl. Yeah, I'm that cynical, lol.

Lo and behold she happens to be an editor of some Wedding Magazine.

Lol

Say she was to acquire her 1000 signatures. What do you think the chances of her succeeding in her aims would be?

Lol

Say she was to acquire her 1000 signatures. What do you think the chances of her succeeding in her aims would be?

i still dont understand WHY r non-sikhs signing this crappy petition? If u told these non-sikhs we have 15gurus, theyd probably believe u! look at this clowns comment on that page for eg.

madhu hallan, United Kingdom Jul 31, 01:10
"GURU NANAK JI HAD A HINDU WEDDING!"
Mohit Verma, India Jul 31, 01:07
"i believe that people are human first and no religion must dictate what is wrong or what is right, if god didnt want it he wouldnt have made the humans able to do it. Remember Religion is made by man not god"
....... and these the ppl who r signing the petition? with uneducated and pathetic comments like that? wat a shockin sorry state.

If, somehow, she did succeed in her aims it would be hilarious. Shocking and wrong in every way, but hilarious.

If she does get 1000 signatures, wats it gonna do? i dont understand. Gurdwaras can jus tell em to get lost, as can the sikh council. This is the only time i hope the corrupt gurdwara committees actually r corrupt n completely ignore this useless petition. For cryin out loud, theres ppl on there who r NOT even in the uk and not even sikh signing it.