Why Are Alot Of Sikhs So Whtified

Big_Tera

I have noticed that of all the South Asian communities in the UK The Sikhs are one of the most whitified communities.

Many of the girls think they are some rock punk chicks so to speak and the boys think they are they are some cockney geezers. init mate! London Town! lolThey even act white or even black if you come from the endz.

But on a serious note why do many Sikhs act white. They have even changed their names to English names . Are Sikhs losing their identity, religion and culture?

Why cant Sikhs just be Sikhs?

I think alot of this is down to the mass media ie telvision, music, popular culture which is corrupting the young minds of Sikhs and making them confused. We need to get our sikh youth off their televisions where they are being brainwashed into the western culture of going down the pub having 20 affairs and having kids with 3 different men. ect

Your belief creates your reality.

Gurbani is there to guide you out of the illusion of Maya. Its up to you to let the drama go but for most people drama is juicy, its what they live for because its food for their mind, it just feeds the illusion and reinforces reincarnation.

Lol

I've found that the confluence of Sikh and Western culture has a far more sinister effect upon our girls than it does upon our boys. Yes, our young men may behave in the manner of gangland kaale but they are under no illusions about being Sikh.

However a lot of Sikh girls, particularly the wealthier and better educated ones, seem to exist in some kind of neurotic limbo in which they both value and utterly loathe their heritage, wishing they were blonde haired and blue-eyed, and fetishizing white males in the most ghoulish way. These types are usually also completely bonkers.

I'd say the reason behind this problem is obvious, these children obviously know nothing about their itihaas. They think that 'Sikh' culture is identical to the comparatively barren and backward Punjabi culture. If they actually knew the tales of the Gurus, the puraatan shaheeds, the Sikh Empire and the kharkus of the 1980s, they would have no need to seek out a surrogate identity. There are very few peoples on this planet that can lay claim to a heritage as noble and impressive as ours. This inheritance is our rock, our everything.

Yep thats why I said we need to educate Sikh youth on the power of the media which shapes our views. The media, film, music always potrays the white to be good and other races to be inferior. hence young Sikh girls and boys are both being brainwashed into the western culture. Ie their dress sence, moral behaviors ect all influenced by the media.

These people watch eastenders and think its normal behaviour to have affairs and what not.

I think this is particularly a problem in wealthy white areas where Sikhs live. These Sikhs in these areas unwittingly become white clones in brown skin.

In a nutshell what Sikhs need to do is start bringing up their kids with Sikhism in their hearts. The parents need to raise their kids and not the television.

The television is full of unmoral behavior especially the music songs which constantly tell people to fall in love and other dirty behaviour. This all unfortunately influences girls. Like fighting moves or songs influence guys to fight love songs influence women to get into affairs and relationships. This is all learned behavior.

Yep thats why I said we need to educate Sikh youth on the power of the media which shapes our views. The media, film, music always potrays the white to be good and other races to be inferior. hence young Sikh girls and boys are both being brainwashed into the western culture. Ie their dress sence, moral behaviors ect all influenced by the media.

These people watch eastenders and think its normal behaviour to have affairs and what not.

I think this is particularly a problem in wealthy white areas where Sikhs live. These Sikhs in these areas unwittingly become white clones in brown skin.

Well Sikhs who move from traditional area into a more affluent area also adopt this behaviour. You get that with nouveau riche

They think they are posh when all they are is just one generation away from pendu

Well Sikhs who move from traditional area into a more affluent area also adopt this behaviour. You get that with nouveau riche

I think it is a bit more complex than having lack of Sikh knowledge per se.

There is an element of "class" system and moving up the social hierarchy.

They think they are posh when all they are is just one generation away from pendu

I dont think this is mainly a Sikh middle class issue. It does not matter what side of the social spectrum you come from. I see whitified Sikhs in rich areas and in less well off areas. both are basically the same becomming white and whiter no wonder their childeren are now marrying whites. Many Sikhs are brought up to be some kind of white slaves and aspire to live the white life/dream. Unfortunately parents are just not strong leaders to guide them to the right Sikh path.

A path that makes them strong in their belief of our religion and not to think its acceptable to marry a white guy.

This is not a topic to bash Sikh women or guys. Its more about trying to educate them on how their choices in life are shaped by the mass media.

I personal was the same when I was their impressionable age. I would think I was white and act like a white middle class person. I think this thinking has alot to do with watching so many white tv shows/music ect. when I stopped doing this I started to notice I was becoming more Punjabi and indian in my thinking.

Gone was my love for the white people and their culture and back was my love for my religion. my people and my culture and identity.

In a nutshell get our Sikh youth back into our culture. ie our music, traditions ect. and not into the British culture of drinking in wine bars ect..

I dont think this is mainly a Sikh middle class issue. It does not matter what side of the social spectrum you come from. I see whitified Sikhs in rich areas and in less well off areas. both are basically the same becomming white and whiter no wonder their childeren are now marrying whites. Many Sikhs are brought up to be some kind of white slaves and aspire to live the white life/dream. Unfortunately parents are just not strong leaders to guide them to the right path.

Well you are going to get a degree of anglification the longer you live here especially when you may be a third or fourth generation Sikh. I do not think it can be avoided.

How would define the white dream?

Well you are going to get a degree of anglification the longer you live here especially when you may be a third or fourth generation Sikh. I do not think it can be avoided.

How would define the white dream?

the white dream is just another way of saying being white washed. there is no actual 'white dream' meaning lol

I think it can be avoided the UK is turning into india with the amount of migration yet certain Sikhs dont want to give up the whiteness without a fight.

We need to embrace our own religion and culture more. Instead of acting like goreh. Some Sikhs have become so whitified they have even joined the EDL lol