Boxing/gatka

Tsingh1

According to the Daily Mail (and the BBC) your search shouldn't be so difficult, in fact it should be far easier than the rest of us.

For according to the Daily Mail (and the BBC) the last Sikh warrior on planet earth teaching Sikh martial arts lives in Wolverhampton.

Of course, in the interest of balance, I should point out that the Daily Mail also believes all Catholics are evil devil worshippers and that all migrants that drown at sea are vermin that deserved to be eradicated.

All of which, after this message, leaves you none the wiser. You're still in Wolverhampton looking for a Gatka ustad.

Nothing wrong with looking for a gatka ustad. We all are.

Living in Wolverhampton however ? .........meh...Thats just something you'll have to deal with on your own.

Gatka is a load of rubbish to be honest, its jus watered down entertainment for the brits durin the raj and kabza of the sikh empire. U shud learn boxing, or even the jewish 'krav maga', thai boxing or even brasilian jujitsu, heard that is supposed to be good.

What's at the end of every SAS or Neavy Seal's rifle Starstriker ?

The answer is a kirpan (although they may call it a bayonet)

The reason is because the end battle between man to man always boils down to the kirpan.

Whats the second line of defence ?

The shield.

So, bearing in mind that the Sikhs always carried a tiny baby sized shield compared to their western counterparts of that age one has to remember how they were able to wield a non-shield into a mega-shield even though in todays nonsensical time that sheild looks (to the naked eye) like a cheerleaders sparkled and ribboned baton.

So, even though the greatest, most awesomest, almost ubelelievale, futurastic aspect of modern warfare is the fact that the most powerfull can strike without you even knowing they are there (The Drone), we should never forget how the Gatka practioners start their salute to the weapons of Sri Gobind Singh ji by performing pentra and the namaskar. To the naked eye this is just a dance, and I've seen a million Sikhs that think its a dance. But... to a Sikh that practices Gatka..... this is imitating the sound of a sava lakh horses arriving to scare the enemy...i.e the origin of the drone.

What I'm saying is master gatka before you criticise it.

But how do I know that the priciples of Gatka are relevant in the modern age ?

Well, lets just wait for the next message to come along. I almost guatantee the next message will not be able to hear the disguised hooves of a sava lakh horses that came with this message.

And then another message will come. Probably even more stupid. And when you read it you'll realise why and how the beginning (pentra and namaksar) of gatka, whereby one Sikh gives the illusion of a hundred armed Sikhs approaching, is as relevant today as its ever been.

What's at the end of every SAS or Neavy Seal's rifle Starstriker ?

The answer is a kirpan (although they may call it a bayonet)

The reason is because the end battle between man to man always boils down to the kirpan.

Whats the second line of defence ?

The shield.

So, bearing in mind that the Sikhs always carried a tiny baby sized shield compared to their western counterparts of that age one has to remember how they were able to wield a non-shield into a mega-shield even though in todays nonsensical time that sheild looks (to the naked eye) like a cheerleaders sparkled and ribboned baton.

So, even though the greatest, most awesomest, almost ublelievale, futurastic aspect of modern warfare is the fact that the most powerfull can strike without you even knowing they are there (The Drone), never forget how the Gatka practioners start their salute to the weapons of Sri Gobind Singh ji by performing pentra. To the naked eye this is just a dance, and Ive seen a million Sikhs that think its a dance. But... to a Sikh that practices Gatka..... this is imitating the sound of a sava lakh horses arriving to scare the enemy...i.e the origin of the drone.

What I'm saying is master gatka before you criticise it.

Thats not true, even after quick google image search, I didnt see not one SAS or Seal with a bayonet on his gun. Even then you're not about to start doing gatka with your rifle. In the days where Sikhs actually carried talwars, Gatka was very useful, but now a days no one even carries a talwar. If you're about to get attacked by a few guys, you wont have a talwar to utilise your gatka skills and you're not going to run and find a large stick lol. Star Striker is right, it is more beneficial to learn boxing etc.

Bro while im agreement with u, that we should practise sikh martial arts, and keep the usage of kirpans/shields fresh, im talkin more about the actual art of gatka. We all know the REAL martial art of sikhs, which was taught intially by guru nanak, to baba budda ji, who in turn taught, guru hargobind sahub ji is 'shaster vidya', not gatka. The british, once they annexed our panjab, went on the hunt to destroy every1 who had knowledge of shastar vidya, which of course was the nihang singhs. Once the nihang singhs were hunted down n were genocided, the next thing was the dis-arm the sikhs as much as possible, to reduce an opportunity for sikhs to mutiny and start a war of independance. The next thing they did was to get rid of the other thing that sikh warriors drew strength from...raag vidya. The gurus instruments, Taus' and saranda's were replaced with european stuff like the vajaa (harmonium).

C

If we can get the original sikh martial art of SV back, from an original genuine master, then thats the 1st thing all sikhs should learn. If its jus to learn play acting with sticks, and to please naive crowds, like brits made sikhs do at british raj events, then gatka it is.

In the meantime while we wait for an SV master to come out of hiding, if a martial art that uses shield/knives/swords is needed, then y not try the filipino art of 'kali', or indonesian 'silat'?

Your're missing the whole point StarStrker.

I know where you're coming from because I too, just like you, see, at nagar kirtans, these 'nobodys' perfoming gatka without any actual genuine love for Sikhi. For example the Ustad from Birmigham that appeared on the mainstream Richard and Judy show.

What he does i amazing. But how come the amritdhari boys and girls in his group can't do it ?

My point is that they, me and YOU can do it. Forget the fact the major fault of modern day Sikhi is that we're showing too much respect to the modern dar 'ustads' 'jathas', parchariks' etc, the fact is that Sri Gobind Singh Ji gave us enough ammunation with Gatka to be able to defeat whole armies.

There's nothing wrong with gatka.

The only thing wrong is the fact that some wrong parents of the wrong kids have pushed their kids towards gatka (rightly) whilst we righteous (wrong un's) with our English skills, have chosen to critisice without ever having picked up a shaster.

And.......Thats about it.

Your're missing the whole point StarStrker.

I know where you're coming from because I too, just like you, see, at nagar kirtans, these 'nobodys' perfoming gatka without any actual genuine love for Sikhi. For example the Ustad from Birmigham that appeared on the mainstream Richard and Judy show.

What he does i amazing. But how come the amritdhari boys and girls in his group can't do it ?

My point is that they, me and YOU can do it. Forget the fact the major fault of modern day Sikhi is that we're showing too much respect to the modern dar 'ustads' 'jathas', parchariks' etc, the fact is that Sri Gobind Singh Ji gave us enough ammunation with Gatka to be able to defeat whole armies.

There's nothing wrong with gatka.

The only thing wrong is the fact that some wrong parents of the wrong kids have pushed their kids towards gatka (rightly) whilst we righteous (wrong un's) with our English skills, have chosen to critisice without ever having picked up a shaster.

And.......Thats about it.

Fair enough.

The group your referring to is the 'baba fateh singh gatka' group i believe.