Basics Of Sikhi - Anand Karaj (Addressing The Controversy)

Singh559

Sunny Hundal the scumbag (Sorry Jagraj) has started stirring on FB following an article in the independent about 2 Sikh fellas who confronted the head Giani at Havelock Road about a Polish male marrying a so called Sikh girl.

https://www.facebook.com/sunnyhundalorg/videos/875037319233019/

Unsurprisingly the money hungry Samra labelled them as thugs!!

I saw the video as well, it wasn't violent or aggressive. With that said, towards the end of the video the dudes making the video lost all composure and began to interact with the Giani Ji in a highly disrespectful manner not respecting his position and that he's older than him.

This situation shouldn't be dealt with by unprofessionals who can't keep themselves composed and have a cool minded discussion. We need community building and set up institutions where GW's will be discouraged to do non-Sikh Anand Karajs instead of physically forcing it not to happen. (Thankfully the two individuals making the video didn't use intimidation or force, their only downside was losing composure which can be detrimental).

The Sikh Council in the UK needs to establish a more structured org that has outreach and clear programs for Anand Karaj. I think the requirement should be if someone claims to be a Sikh they should declare it and that they believe in and understand what the Anand Karaj means. With that point established, the Sikh Council in UK also needs to effectively communicate that non-Sikh and a Sikh have an unquestioned freedom to get married and are welcome to get Hukamnama blessing from Guru Sahib. Giani Jis or sangat could take on the sewa of doing the interpretation and katha of it for those who don't understand.

edit- Also, since I'm not from the UK or familiar, does anyone think Sunny is sincerely ignorant of the Punjabi language and thought the video consisted of violent and threatening discussion just because they were speaking Punjabi? That could be considered racism in the public eye because he is assuming a foreign language where individuals are having a discussion is automatically being assumed to be violent/threatening?

I don't get why some peeps think being born to Muslim parents make somebody a Muslim?

1. Bhai Mardana Ji was the first Sikh in history. The Muslims in Pakistan openly call Bhai Mardana Ji a kanjar.

Bhai Mardana Ji rejected Islam + Muslims tried to kill Bhai Mardana Ji for being an apostate who left the lies of Islam

2. Baba Farid Ji was a Sufi. A Sufi non-Muslim. Baba Farid believed in one God but rejected Prophet Muhammad as a role model due to Prophet Muhammad's slave trading, pedophilia, terrorism, genocides and rapes he perpetrated (see the Holy Quran for details). In Pakistan they call Baba Farid Ji a kuffar kanjar for rejecting Prophet Muhammad.

3. Baba Kabir Ji Maharaj is the biggest most vocal critic of Islam in the Sri Guru Granth Sahib.

The Muslims tried to kill Kabir Ji for that. Kabir Ji totally rejected Islam as utter falsehood.

Maharaja Ranjit Singh was whipped for not marrying the Muslim girl.

Sikhs only talked to Ranjit Singh after he had anand karaj that Akali Phula Singh Ji ordered with Mora Kaur

As women become Sikh when they their bow down before Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj

But obviously supporters of the rape of women, pedophilia, slavery and terrorism cant marry women in a Gurdwara.

In history thousand of Muslim female rape victims were married by Singhs who rescued them from their Muslim rapists

Obviously no woman Sikh or otherwise should marry a Muslim man when the Quran says the following

Quran-Book.jpg

TheReligionofPeace.com
Guide to Understanding Islam

What does the
Religion of Peace
Teach About...

Wife-Beating

Question:

Does Islam permit a man to hit his wife?

Summary Answer:

Yes, but only if she doesn't do as he asks. The beating must cease if the woman complies with her husband's demands. Beating is also intended to be the last resort of coercing submission, behind verbal abuse and abandonment.

According her testimony in the Islamic Hadith, Prophet Muhammad, physically struck his favorite wife Aisha for leaving the house without his permission. It is not known how he treated his less-favored wives. The Quran also allows men to rape female slaves as a reward from Allah. Aisha was the child wife that Prophet Muhammad married when he was 51 and she was aged 6. Prophet Muhammad gracefully waited until Aisha was age 9 until he had sex with her for the first time.

The Qur'an:

Qur'an (4:34) - "Men are the maintainers of women because Allah has made some of them to excel others and because they spend out of their property; the good women are therefore obedient, guarding the unseen as Allah has guarded; and (as to) those on whose part you fear desertion, admonish them, and leave them alone in the sleeping-places and beat them; then if they obey you, do not seek a way against them; surely Allah is High, Great." Contemporary translations sometimes water down this word, but it is the same one used in verse 8:12 and clearly means 'to strike'.

Qur'an (38:44) - "And take in your hand a green branch and beat her with it, and do not break your oath..." Allah telling Job to beat his wife (Tafsir).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTeAB4l0KCM

From the Hadith:

Bukhari (72:715) - A woman came to Muhammad and begged her to stop her husband from beating her. Her skin was bruised so badly that she it is described as being "greener" than the green veil she was wearing. Muhammad did not admonish her husband, but instead ordered her to return to him and submit to his sexual desires.

Bukhari (72:715) - "Aisha said, 'I have not seen any woman suffering as much as the believing women'" This is Muhammad's own wife complaining of the abuse that the women of her religions suffer relative to other women.

Muslim (4:2127) - Muhammad struck his favorite wife, Aisha, in the chest one evening when she left the house without his permission. Aisha narrates, "He struck me on the chest which caused me pain."

Muslim (9:3506) - Muhammad's father-in-laws (Abu Bakr and Umar) amused him by slapping his wives (Aisha and Hafsa) for annoying him. According to the Hadith, the prophet of Islam laughed upon hearing this.

Abu Dawud (2141) - "Iyas bin ‘Abd Allah bin Abi Dhubab reported the Apostle of Allah (may peace be upon him) as saying: Do not beat Allah’s handmaidens, but when ‘Umar came to the Apostle of Allah (may peace be upon him) and said: Women have become emboldened towards their husbands, he (the Prophet) gave permission to beat them." At first, Muhammad forbade men from beating their wives, but he rescinded this once it was reported that women were becoming emboldened toward their husbands. Beatings are sometimes necessary to keep women in their place.

Abu Dawud (2142) - "The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: A man will not be asked as to why he beat his wife."

Abu Dawud (2126) - "A man from the Ansar called Basrah said: 'I married a virgin woman in her veil. When I entered upon her, I found her pregnant. (I mentioned this to the Prophet).' The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: 'She will get the dower, for you made her lawful for you. The child will be your slave. When she has begotten (a child), flog her'" A Muslim man thinks his is getting a virgin, then finds out she is pregnant. Muhammad tells him to treat the woman as a sex slave and then flog her after she has delivered the child.

Ibn Ishaq/Hisham 969 - Requires that a married woman be "put in a separate room and beaten lightly" if she "act in a sexual manner toward others." According to the Hadith, this can be for an offense as petty as merely being alone with a man to whom she is not related.

Kash-shaf (the revealer) of al-Zamkhshari (Vol. 1, p. 525) - [Muhammad said] "Hang up your scourge where your wife can see it"

Lets be honest here, the Gurdwaras in the UK nowadays are not really Sikh institutions anymore but more like secular social clubs/community centres. They are mainly geared towards money making. Look at the Singh Sabha Gurdwara in Southall which loves to call itself the biggest Gurdwara in Europe yet were openly about to perform an Anand Karaj against the directions of the Akal Takht. What other proof do we need that this Gurdwara and others in the UK are now so corrupt that they feel that they can challenge the Akal Takht with impunity. I have always said that until Sikh youth start to take an interest in and become members of the Gurdwara committees the old budhay with the money making mentality will take the Gurdwaras from being beacons of Gurmat to being centres of Manmat.

From the video it is clear that the Granthi has no answers, so he attacks the guys making the video for not being keshdharis. This is the only answer he has and from the looks of him and his shifty ways I doubt he would think twice about selling his own mother for money. The committee member Sarpanch I think his name is, does concede that what is happening is wrong but as is usual when committees are caught out in wrongdoing. he proceeds to lay blame on the previous committee. The new committee has been in place for over 4 months and yet did not think to look through the bookings for Anand Karaj to see which ones are not in line with the Akal Takht hukumnama. He then also latches on to the Granthi's mode of attack by criticising them for not being Keshdharis. While some may see this as being disrespectful but the guys taking the video gave the perfect answer by saying 'why do you stand there with your Turbans and yet still committing wrong acts'

I agree with the posters that state that the guys who were protesting the Anand Karaj should have been Keshdharis and could have been more articulate but then if the Kashdharis and Amritdharis weren't bothered to turn up then you can't blame these brothers for feeling pain at seeing a mockery being made of the Anand Karaj. If anything we should be showing support to them and their efforts should be commended and if anything this should make Keshdharis and Amritdharis hold their heads in shame that they were not doing what these guys were able to do.

Do doubt the liberal left wing fools who like to pass themselves off as Sikhs when it comes to criticising those standing up for the Rehat Maryada but will never do anything positive for Sikh issues, will try and turn these guys into Sikh versions of the Taliban but what is most important and something that we should not lose sight off is that these guys have succeeded in preventing a ceremony that should have been beadbi of our Guru. The Independent newspaper like other media rags will be tomorrow's chip paper but what these guys achieved should be lauded and they should be congratulated for preventing the beadbi of our Guru.

I applaud for those guys who made a stand. Their disrespect for the Granthi and Commitee member was necessary as our Maharaj ji is the ultimate elder which they have disrespected.

How can one respect elders when those elders do not respect their elders. If your father tells you to respect them as the elder but proceed to disrespect your grandfather or great - grandfather what kind of example is this setting?

I contacted the Sikh Federation yesterday as they been heavily involved on twitter and suggested that perhaps the UK needs to have a Gurdwara watchdog to ensure that all Gurdwarae follow the correct protocol as per the rehit maryada.

If any Gurdwarae is caught doing beadbi, the Gurdwara should be fined and commitee members should be stripped off the commitee member status, named and shamed. If they attempt to use 3rd world tactics of bribing, it should be publicised .

There is no other language that these types understand.

If there an issue of bringing younger sangat into the management, then perhaps an age limit needs to be brought in.

Just some thoughts.