Basics Of Sikhi - Anand Karaj (Addressing The Controversy)

Singh559

The temple in Caldmore Walsall was involved in something very similar few weeks back. Apparently they agreed to a wedding then told the family no on the morning of the day. The police came and all sorts. This was apparently a wedding where the bride and groom were of different castes i think. I don't have the full story.

They did apologise on Sunday last, to the sangat. Typical pakandi singh the hollow fake apology is an English triat.!

Dont worry about this issue because the anad karag is a dying breed. These youngsters (irrespective of caste colour creed sex) are all having civil ceremonies in weird and wonderful places.

That wallsall wedding was with a sikh and a hindu participant, not caste differences, and y wud it b coz of caste, esp as we dont believe in that.

That wallsall wedding was with a sikh and a hindu participant, not caste differences, and y wud it b coz of caste, esp as we dont believe in that.

So was it stopped by the same people for the same reasons. We believe in a lot of things when it suits us.

Never heard or seen Nihal, Friction or S Hundal kick up a fuss about the 'lack' of inter-faith marriages in Mosques. Are they scared of upsetting them?

It is precisely Muslims would have have kicked up a much bigger fuss if a nikah happened and what the repercussions would be far greater that they would not dare say anything.

This type of attack and labelling Sikhs as fundamentalists is because they think can get away with it precisely because Sikhs are far more tolerant.

These Nihal/Friction/Hundal types have a warped mindset in thinking that they will keep prodding with foolish comments and then cry wolf when someone gives them a befitting reply.

We Sikhs are by in large are easy going, tolerant bunch but others mistake that for weakness and try to take advantage of it. When we stick up for ourselves we are called Taliban and fundamentalists.

I wonder what the background of Hundal/Friction is. I reckon there is some Hindu Punjabi in there somewhere.

I recall seeing Friction on a documentary in the late 1990s on the BBC. I remember him stating that he likes nothing better than seeing Asian girls losing it sexually on the dance floor, that's how much a k*njar he is. They interviewed his parents, his dad was playing pool in the Glassy Junction and he was speaking this weird Hindi/Punjabi hybrid language, my parents were making fun of him. His mother looked Hindu Punjabi, it's that particular short boy hair cut that is dyed tinted with a light brown/reddish highlight.

Hundal's whole rant came from his Skype with his mother. If he was any sort of journalist he would have investigated properly rather than going by heresay.

Nihal, Friction and co, have made it into their 'roles' as they represent views that their peers approve of. If it wasn't them, there are plenty of others willing to take their place. There is nothing to stop 'inter faith' marriages being 'blessed' in a gurdwara, but the anand karaj is for sikhs (yes, there is an issue over what constitutes a 'sikh', ideally it would amritdhari).

Its also not a liberal vs fundamentalist thing, as most of the liberals I know would say that be the best you whatever religion you are as long as you abide by the 'rule of law'. Its generally the atheist's (of all political persuations)/ 'being modern' brigade who raise such issues.

As the youtube video mentioned if people before the anand karaj were educated on what it means, sikhi would be in a better place. We should all respect 'house rules' and instead of aiming for what 'we' want, abide by what our 'guru' wants.

So was it stopped by the same people for the same reasons. We believe in a lot of things when it suits us.

What on earth r u goin on about? Here read this article on dailysikhupdates.

http://dailysikhupdates.com/singhs-protest-against-outerfaith-marriage-in-uk-gurdwara/

There was going to be beadbi of the sacred Anand Karaj ceremony where a Hindu guy was going to marry a Sikh girl.

After already having the Hindu marriage ceremony, the groom spoke to local Sikhs and realised and agreed that he should not participate in an Anand Karaj ceremony.

Respect to those who came to peacefully protest and dialogue with the committee and family.

The family agreed not to go ahead with the outerfaith Anand Karaj.The committee did call the police and allowed them to walk upstairs with their shoes on, but the Singhs soon saw the police off and the planned beadbi by the committee of the sacred Anand Karaj was stopped.

Dhan Dhan Sikhi

Please if you are from an outer faith and are going to consider having an Anand Karaj ceremony, please ensure you follow the full protocol.

forgot to mention that the 'anand karaj' on its own is not recognised as a legal marriage in this country. Hence the need to court marriage (or signing the papers in the gurdwara before the anand karaj). Why the gurdwara's don't just say to the inter-faith couples, sign the papers in the gurdwara and then straight afterwards you can have a blessing before Guru Ji. Then there is no drama.

If it is important to have a 'ceremony' in the gurdwara surely they can sign the legal papers there too.