Basics Of Sikhi - Anand Karaj (Addressing The Controversy)

Singh559

I too commend the guys for making a stand against these masands and pimps who feel little guilt at selling their Guru to the highest bidder.

However, these gentlemen should also consider abandoning those aspects of their own lifestyles that contradict Sikhi, such as the drinking (I'm assuming) and the cutting of hair, so that when they do stand up against beadbi they can't be criticised for their own shortcomings. It's all good and well standing up for one aspect of the Sikh faith, but knowingly choosing to ignore the others is slightly hypocritical on their part.

But, at least there's some dardh for Sikhi on their part, which is more than to be said about the likes of Friction, Hundal, etc. If these two paragons of vice and uber-liberalism are the type of Sikhs they desire in places such as the UK, then we're in trouble.

As mad as this may sound, if I had to choose, I'd take a dodgy Jatha that gets up to nonsense behind closed doors, but on the surface tries to connect people to Sikhi, over laissez-faire, anything-goes clowns with a supposed Sikh heritage who tweet their bakwaas to their harem of equally lost sheep. In an ideal world both aforementioned groups are as bad and undesirable as each other for their own particular reasons, but if I had to choose which of the lesser of two evils to thrive I know who I'd go for.

I think it would have been better if it came from an Amritdhari, Sunny boy claims threats were made as per a video showing the apparent threat. Either Sunny 's Punjabi is shockingly poor, or his definition of a threat is a completely different definition from the rest of us.

The BBC license fee is up for negotiation soon and I expect budget cuts, it may be the case that British Asian Network may be axed and it will dampen the fuel for publicity for the likes of Friction and Nihal.

But I think a lot of positives will come out of this. For this happen in the Havelock Gurdwara will set an example for the other Gurdwarae.

If there an issue of bringing younger sangat into the management, then perhaps an age limit needs to be brought in.

Interesting point.

I don't think it is a coincidence that the last time Sikhs managed to accomplish anything of note was during the Dharam Yudh Morcha and the military struggle that followed the defilement of Harmandir Sahib in 1984. Every one of these movements were fronted by the Naujaawan, young men with hot blood who were passionately devoted to our peoples' cause. From the beginning of the 20th century right up until the 1980s, our history consisted of a series of low-points (the failure to properly agitate for a Sikh homeland during partition, the destruction of historic buildings around the sarovar at Darbar Sahib, the dismemberment of the Punjab in 1966) presided over by old boys in the SGPC, hungry for money and influence. And today our community is caught between the teeth of Badal and his puppets, businessmen dominate our Guru Ghars.

The monopoly over Sikh institutions by decrepit old men and plutocrats has to be broken if this desecration is ever going to cease. Advanced age, somehow, seems to lend itself to greed. The young care far less about money than the elderly.

There are exceptions of course, the venerable Bapu Surat Singh, to name but one,

The BBC license fee is up for negotiation soon and I expect budget cuts, it may be the case that British Asian Network may be axed and it will dampen the fuel for publicity for the likes of Friction and Nihal.

I hope so. There's so much rotten with that radio station and supposed voice of Asians I don't know where to begin. They've been on the edge of being shut down a few times now, but they manage to pull through. I sound like a fascist, lol, but the AN agenda rubs me up the wrong way. It's insidious from top to bottom, teeming with the type of Asians I simply can't identify with, no matter their religion, culture, and gender.

The BBC Asian Network is intentionally filled with a particular type of Asian that really in their private lives do not identify with their culture of origin.

They are coconuts who use their heritage as a vehicle to build their own careers.

The leftist metropolitan elite that run the BBC have a particular agenda where they have a definition/model of what the British Asian should be like and then try to socially engineer this using the likes of Friction/Nihal.

It is a shame that being follow opinions without seeing things critically,people are being brainwashed and they do not even realise it.

I wholeheartedly agree. Unfortunately, the coming generations in places like the UK have fallen for this social engineering, mostly due to related issues such as not wanting to be identified as the "extreme, angry brown person" (we can think radical Muslims for that), and as such we'll keep getting otherwise decent Asians running in completely the opposite direction, losing all perspective and balance, to ensure such labels aren't attached to them in order to fit in to an increasingly intolerant and reactionary society.

I wholeheartedly agree. Unfortunately, the coming generations in places like the UK have fallen for this social engineering, mostly due to related issues such as not wanting to be identified as the "extreme, angry brown person" (we can think radical Muslims for that), and as such we'll keep getting otherwise decent Asians running in completely the opposite direction, losing all perspective and balance, to ensure such labels aren't attached to them in order to fit in to an increasingly intolerant and reactionary society.

I think a lot of our people are stuck in the matrix and they need to take the red pill. It is a bitter pill to swallow but it is a necessary one.

Some of our people will prefer to take the blue pill and stay in the matrix.

The people who agree with Sunny/Friction are people who are not into Sikhi (blue pillers) and then try to rationalise to fit it into their narrative, they undergo such verbal gymnastics.

The people who are into Sikhi understand clearly what is happening.

The more into Sikhi one gets, the more we realise the world is like the matrix and it takes off the blinkers that blind so many.

That is why it is important for Sikhi to be instilled into our youth, so they grow up as much as possible without the blinkers.

I think a lot of our people are stuck in the matrix and they need to take the red pill. It is a bitter pill to swallow but it is a necessary one.

Some of our people will prefer to take the blue pill and stay in the matrix.

The people who agree with Sunny/Friction are people who are not into Sikhi (blue pillers) and then try to rationalise to fit it into their narrative, they undergo such verbal gymnastics.

The people who are into Sikhi understand clearly what is happening.

The more into Sikhi one gets, the more we realise the world is like the matrix and it takes off the blinkers that blind so many.

That is why it is important for Sikhi to be instilled into our youth, so they grow up as much as possible without the blinkers.

I think it's the arrogance and the sense of assuredness these people cling to is what's so off-putting. Instead of introspection or self-realisation, they desire to change or mould everything and everyone to fit their blinkered worldview and lifestyles. That smacks of a huge lack of self awareness and humility.

Unfortunately, certain ingrained features of our own cultural psyche pertaining to social status and wealth - to the exclusion of other essential traits and qualities - are also a huge obstacle in gaining genuine insight into how to function as a person who can resist the attempts to engineer a certain type of person. Even those who have turned to religion apparently have done so only on the surface. Deep down such people are driven by the same ambitions and motivations as the so-called uninitiated. It's more than just adhering to a set of rules about how to live a life, but also about genuinely changing one's mindset to the very core of what makes us tick.

I think it's the arrogance and the sense of assuredness these people cling to is what's so off-putting. Instead of introspection or self-realisation, they desire to change or mould everything and everyone to fit their blinkered worldview and lifestyles. That smacks of a huge lack of self awareness and humility.

Unfortunately, certain ingrained features of our own cultural psyche pertaining to social status and wealth are also a huge obstacle in gaining genuine insight into how to function as a person who can resist the attempts to engineer a certain type of person. Even those who have turned to religion apparently have done so only on the surface. Deep down such people are driven by the same ambitions and motivations as the so-called uninitiated. It's more than just adhering to a set of rules about how to live a life, but also about genuinely changing one's mindset to the very core of what makes us tick.

+100.