Travelling To Florida For The First Time Need Help!

gsingh1984

It will be my very first time to Florida or anywhere in the US for that matter. I have no family as well. Very nervous because of the increased racial tensions with Sikhs who wear Dastars and beards, in the US. Myself I tie a “Ghol” one.

I would like to know is it safe for Sikhs?

What should I be aware of? Should I be avoiding anything?

Where is the closets Gurdwara to Disney?

Any Disneyworld advice?

I will be traveling to Disneyworld with my family

If there is anything else you can add from your experiences. I would greatly appreciate anyone’s help and advice!

Read this link bro http://news.travel.aol.com/2010/08/16/safe-and-dangerous-places-in-orlando/

Florida has some very dangerous places, gets a lot of 3rd world immigrants and some of them are ruthless criminals. You'll be safe on the resort it self. If you venture off resort, Im not sure just how dangerous or safe the neighborhoods around disney world are, but I'd do a quick google search before leaving the resort areas.

Guest Jacfsing2

If your going to be afraid and nervous people can see through that, which will lead others to have less trust in you, as with anyone Sikh or non-Sikh. Just go with confidence and don't just randomly talk to the guests at Disney World because their with their families trying to do their own things.

Thank you cyber sangat!

Everyone’s responses are greatly appreciated. I feel more at ease after having re assurance from everyone. We will be renting a car as well to see more than just the theme parks.

Searching for answers online wasn’t helping, it was just making me more paranoid.

I will definitely be walking proud with the Guru’s Crown!

Yeah agree with everyone. You'll have a great time. Not actually been myself, but have been to Paris Disney Land and had no issues here. In fact, got more funny looks at Wonderland in Jalandhar. Wonderland is quite sureal because they have this massive paddling pool there and its absolutely full of Sikh families FULLY CLOTHED in the water. Fully Clothed !!!!!!!

So, when you're faced with the choice of either Wonderland or Disney World, always take Disney World and always, as I'm sure you will, have a great time.

Thank you cyber sangat!

Everyone’s responses are greatly appreciated. I feel more at ease after having re assurance from everyone. We will be renting a car as well to see more than just the theme parks.

Searching for answers online wasn’t helping, it was just making me more paranoid.

I will definitely be walking proud with the Guru’s Crown!

I have been many times. Each time we stayed at different hotels off resort. Rented a car and went everywhere in surrounding areas. People are VERY nice there compared to other biased areas.