Why Have Only Sikh Girls Marrying Non Sikhs Bin Targeted

sikhstudent99

But in general and away from the whole marriage thing. yes there are to many Sikh males dating non Sikhs such as white. this is totally wrong and seeting a bad example to the women in Sikhism.. we cant lecture them about dating non Sikhs but do it ourselves.

These are the coconutised Sikhs of the modern era. who party like no tomorrow and date anyone and everyone like life is one big joke.

That's a valid point, Big T. Some might say when a Sikh man marries a non Sikh the children will automatically be raised as Sikhs, however from my experience the type of guy who does marry a non-Sikh (excluding Sikh converts who've taken Amrit BTW) weren't too enamoured with the Sikh faith to begin with. So, if anything, those children will be secular Punjabi, not observant or even slightly knowledgeable Sikhs.

Some might say when a Sikh man marries a non Sikh the children will automatically be raised as Sikhs, however from my experience the type of guy who does marry a non-Sikh (excluding Sikh converts who've taken Amrit BTW) weren't too enamoured with the Sikh faith to begin with. So, if anything, those children will be secular Punjabi, not observant or even slightly knowledgeable Sikhs.

Bhai Sahib that's exactly what we have the ability to change if we rise to challenge and respond by educating our own and others more about Sikhi at the point of Anand Karaj at the very least (though of course it should start with Sikhs as children as by the time of marriage the horse has already bolted).

But burying our heads in the sand and banning Sikh men from marrying erstwhile non-Sikh women so that the children and future generations of such couples are alienated away from Sikhi will prove a demographic disaster for us in the Diaspora. While our opponents look to extract 5million current Sikhs out of Sikhi and into the Hindutva fold via Balmiki and Dera Ballan apartheid mandirs prior to the 2021 census so that we become a minority in Punjab by 2021.

We need to seriously address these issues right here right now in 2015 as complaining in 6 years time when reality hits the fan that we might be a minority in Punjab by 2021 and a smaller minority in countries like the UK when we realise how many millions we have alienated away from Sikhi will not help us with mistakes we had the easy ability to correct by employing the logic of Gurmat in 2015.

An not sikh men marrying non sikh women

I am against a non sikh being married in the gurdwara an this includes sikh men marrying non sikhs

LETS BE HONEST

A lot of men against interfaith marriages that only target sikh girls marrying non sikhs are insecure men with serious low self esteem issues who have massive insecurities

Bull

Haven't read all the comments, only a very small handful of out of faith anand karajs that have been stopped have made press.

I know of several anand karajs between males of sikh origin and non-sikh females have been stopped.

I suggest researching better before posting anti-sikh/gurmat nonsense.

Bhai Sahib that's exactly what we have the ability to change if we rise to challenge and respond by educating our own and others more about Sikhi at the point of Anand Karaj at the very least (though of course it should start with Sikhs as children as by the time of marriage the horse has already bolted).

But burying our heads in the sand and banning Sikh men from marrying erstwhile non-Sikh women so that the children and future generations of such couples are alienated away from Sikhi will prove a demographic disaster for us in the Diaspora. While our opponents look to extract 5million current Sikhs out of Sikhi and into the Hindutva fold via Balmiki and Dera Ballan apartheid mandirs prior to the 2021 census so that we become a minority in Punjab by 2021.

We need to seriously address these issues right here right now in 2015 as complaining in 6 years time when reality hits the fan that we might be a minority in Punjab by 2021 and a smaller minority in countries like the UK when we realise how many millions we have alienated away from Sikhi will not help us with mistakes we had the easy ability to correct by employing the logic of Gurmat in 2015.

You're an eternal optimist, brother, whilst I am not in regards to this particular issue, hehe. Your way is the right way in a perfect world, but sadly this is not one of those realms.

You're an eternal optimist, brother, whilst I am not in regards to this particular issue, hehe. Your way is the right way in a perfect world, but sadly this is not one of those realms.

Bhai Sahib Ji there's not much optimism in the last 2 paragraphs of my post that you quoted. I am very worried about the state of our Panth. In an ideal world, I would like to see all Sikhs truly believe in Sikhi and marry other Sikhs with the whole world becoming Sikh of their own volition on comparing the Truth of Sikhi to the lies out there.

But we need to recognise real world problems and employ our own Gurmat-led solutions to do the best we can (which will never lead to utopia in the short term) which can be a whole lot better than we are currently doing.

An not sikh men marrying non sikh women

I am against a non sikh being married in the gurdwara an this includes sikh men marrying non sikhs

LETS BE HONEST

A lot of men against interfaith marriages that only target sikh girls marrying non sikhs are insecure men with serious low self esteem issues who have massive insecurities

you obviously are not reading the forum well to think the above. Like many have pointed out to you Sikh men are having the finger pointed at them too. There are now many sikh boys/men marrying guji girls in our gurdwaras. There are sikh boys marrying muslim girls in our gurdwaras. There have been for at least 15 years now sikh boys/men marrying white goriya whether they are polish , british, latvian or irish.

Read the forum properly and then speak otherwise you tend to look a bit silly with your dated accusations

Bull

Haven't read all the comments, only a very small handful of out of faith anand karajs that have been stopped have made press.

I know of several anand karajs between males of sikh origin and non-sikh females have been stopped.

I suggest researching better before posting anti-sikh/gurmat nonsense.

Garch your the one who needs to do better researching before posting anti - sikh anti/gurmat nonsence

Also i have said yes it happends to sikh men marrying non sikhs but weddings being targeted are far more likely to be girls marrying non sikhs

In the community many men think its ok for a sikh male to marry a non sikh but get very insecure when it comes to sikh girls marrying non sikhs

Probably explains why a sikh girl marryimg a non sikh is far more likely to have her wedding targeted then a male marrying a non sikh

What should happen is any sikh male or female should be banned from marrying a non sikh in the gurdwara

you obviously are not reading the forum well to think the above. Like many have pointed out to you Sikh men are having the finger pointed at them too. There are now many sikh boys/men marrying guji girls in our gurdwaras. There are sikh boys marrying muslim girls in our gurdwaras. There have been for at least 15 years now sikh boys/men marrying white goriya whether they are polish , british, latvian or irish.

Read the forum properly and then speak otherwise you tend to look a bit silly with your dated accusations

Singhberkshire its you who is obviously not reading the forum well not me an what i think above is correct

The topic is about stopping sikhs from

marrying non sikhs in gurdwaras

So it is you that needs to read the foum properly before speaking

An its you not me that looks silly an my accusations are not dates

Just seeing how your tone is when i read your message it shows me you are one of those insecure males

Cause what you did by sayong many sikh men also marry mon sikhs is what i have seen men do when they hear about a sikh girl marrying a non sikh they will say well there are alot of sikh men marrying non sikhs

Trying to imply if sikh girls marry non sikhs no big deal there are many other girls who love marrying sikhs

Garch your the one who needs to do better researching before posting anti - sikh anti/gurmat nonsence

Also i have said yes it happends to sikh men marrying non sikhs but weddings being targeted are far more likely to be girls marrying non sikhs

In the community many men think its ok for a sikh male to marry a non sikh but get very insecure when it comes to sikh girls marrying non sikhs

Probably explains why a sikh girl marryimg a non sikh is far more likely to have her wedding targeted then a male marrying a non sikh

What should happen is any sikh male or female should be banned from marrying a non sikh in the gurdwara

I agree entirely, any sikh male or female should be banned from taking part in anand karaj if their partner in non Sikh. These are the rules. They're should be no differentiation between male and female on this issue.

Unfortunately this attitude does exist in the community. I revently heard of a Gurdwara that was approached to carry out an anand Karaj of a Sikh girl and white boy, they refused to book the wedding. They said they will take bookings however for a Sikh boy to marry a non sikh girl !!! Their reasoning was that when a Sikh boy marries a Sikh girl she will be bought into a Sikh family and adapt. When a Sikh girl marries into a non sikh family she looses all connection with Sikhi and takes on the dharam of her spouse.

Very flawed and incorrect logic.

Singhberkshire its you who is obviously not reading the forum well not me an what i think above is correct

The topic is about stopping sikhs from

marrying non sikhs in gurdwaras

So it is you that needs to read the foum properly before speaking

An its you not me that looks silly an my accusations are not dates

Just seeing how your tone is when i read your message it shows me you are one of those insecure males

Cause what you did by sayong many sikh men also marry mon sikhs is what i have seen men do when they hear about a sikh girl marrying a non sikh they will say well there are alot of sikh men marrying non sikhs

Trying to imply if sikh girls marry non sikhs no big deal there are many other girls who love marrying sikhs

Read what the topic is about. It is about :

"Why Have Only Sikh Girls Marrying Non Sikhs Bin Targeted"

Read with your eyes open and you will see. I suggest you grow up instead of the wild cryptic accusations. :giggle:

Oh and learn to spell kid...or did you not go to school which does seem to reflect in your messages. Or is it the lingo you kids use now. Same kind who accuse us Sikhs to be of the insecure kind.