Divorce

Guest Swan

A quick question. Having recently gone through divorce and seeing that lots of people are getting divorced these days, is there still a stigma attached to divorce? Also is it worse for men or woman.

For all going through this unpleasant life event, have hope and remember that no good marriage ever ended in divorce. There is always something better just around the corner, it takes time to heal but time really is the key.

Me personally have chosen to remain single and avoid relations with woman is a new phenomenon called MGTOW men going there own way. Men historically have always gone their own way however with western marriage law and post modern feminism marriage is just not a good deal for men. If the relationship goes wrong (50% of marriages in UK end in divorce) then men risk losing there home money and any reasonable access to see their children. Marriage is a business contract that is about money, this is why if it goes to divorce then all it is about the money. Sad state of affairs. I honestly feel sorry for people that are getting married these days, everyone congratulates but I want to tell them to do it.

Now I follow my passions and enjoy my life without conflict I choose what I want to do when I want to do it. I help lots of people in my community and the best bit is that i can see my family and friends when I choose and my money is mine.

Has anyone else chosen a going your own way life? It does not matter is female or male as both can choose to live this life.

Guest Jacfsing2

A quick question. Having recently gone through divorce and seeing that lots of people are getting divorced these days, is there still a stigma attached to divorce? Also is it worse for men or woman.

For all going through this unpleasant life event, have hope and remember that no good marriage ever ended in divorce. There is always something better just around the corner, it takes time to heal but time really is the key.

Me personally have chosen to remain single and avoid relations with woman is a new phenomenon called MGTOW men going there own way. Men historically have always gone their own way however with western marriage law and post modern feminism marriage is just not a good deal for men. If the relationship goes wrong (50% of marriages in UK end in divorce) then men risk losing there home money and any reasonable access to see their children. Marriage is a business contract that is about money, this is why if it goes to divorce then all it is about the money. Sad state of affairs. I honestly feel sorry for people that are getting married these days, everyone congratulates but I want to tell them to do it.

Now I follow my passions and enjoy my life without conflict I choose what I want to do when I want to do it. I help lots of people in my community and the best bit is that i can see my family and friends when I choose and my money is mine.

Has anyone else chosen a going your own way life? It does not matter is female or male as both can choose to live this life.

I can't help with the divorce part, but you should feel free to live your life however you feel will be most beneficial to everyone. It should be the same for both genders.

since you will have more time. you can start on your 10-15 hour simran sessions

Just be sure to not let bitterness consume you. Whilst the MGTOW lifestyle is great in theory, I've observed it's attracting a lot of angry, twisted men who lack any semblance of perspective and balance... a bit like the feminists they deride, lol! That's where Sikhi comes into play IMO, but you may disagree.

This is a personal question so feel free not to respond, but will you be forgoing all relations with the opposite sex (you know what I'm referring to), or will you operate a no-strings policy?

Open question, is it possible to have an Anand Karaj without signing a marriage contract or having a government registrar present?

That sounds like the ideal to me. Your marriage is sanctified by your Guru, and you aren't subject to the anti-male legal clauses of marriage should you choose to divorce later on.

Honestly though, I'm a bit flabbergasted that men continue to get hitched when they know that there is a 50% chance that they will eventually get divorced and lose their kids and half their junk. If you were skydiving and you were told that there was a 50% chance your parachute wouldn't open, would you take the jump?

Open question, is it possible to have an Anand Karaj without signing a marriage contract or having a government registrar present?

There's something similar in Sharia that's getting some bad press lately. Apparently, it's possible for a Muslim male to divorce his wife - from a religious Islamic perspective - by saying talaaq three times (not all at once; some guys use the first utterance of the word as a warning to the wife to buck up her ideas. The third time is supposedly the clincher), as long as the nikaah hasn't been registered legally of course. The system is open to abuse as has been evidenced by a few instances where the wife has gone to a Sharia hearing for a ruling from an Islamic scholar, in which instance the feeling is that the judgement almost always emerges in favour of the guy.

Invariably, there's a few Muslim feminist types that have brought this to the attention of the western media with the obvious response being how despicably misogynistic the whole thing is for the wife. The last time I heard there may have been a legal ruling in the UK that insisted Islamic marriages must be registered, I could be wrong though.

There's something similar in Sharia that's getting some bad press lately. Apparently, it's possible for a Muslim male to divorce his wife - from a religious Islamic perspective - by saying talaaq three times (not all at once; some guys use the first utterance of the word as a warning to the wife to buck up her ideas. The third time is supposedly the clincher), as long as the nikaah hasn't been registered legally of course. The system is open to abuse as has been evidenced by a few instances where the wife has gone to a Sharia hearing for a ruling from an Islamic scholar, in which instance the feeling is that the judgement almost always emerges in favour of the guy.

Invariably, there's a few Muslim feminist types that have brought this to the attention of the western media with the obvious response being how despicably misogynistic the whole thing is for the wife. The last time I heard there may have been a legal ruling in the UK that insisted Islamic marriages must be registered, I could be wrong though.

That shouldn't be as funny as it is.

Well I guess if they've implemented compulsory registration for Muslim marriages, they're bound to have done it for everyone else as well in keeping with political correctness. Damn it, marriage was just beginning to seem bearable.

That shouldn't be as funny as it is.

Well I guess if they've implemented compulsory registration for Muslim marriages, they're bound to have done it for everyone else as well in keeping with political correctness. Damn it, marriage was just beginning to seem bearable.

Lmao, reading it back now it does seem funny.

There was a very interesting documentary on the very subject a few years back on the BBC. I think there's something quite similar in the Jewish religion too - minus the talaaq - whereby some women are divorced by their husband, and the woman is left in a strange religious wilderness where she can't remarry until a certain condition is fulfilled by her ex-husband or something like that. Some of these Jewish women were waiting for 10, 15 years for the proper dispensation to move on, although I did notice in the Jewish instances the rabbis were a lot more sympathetic to the female's cause compared to the imams who were... let's say non-plussed, hehe.

There was one Muslim lad from the north of England who didn't get on with his missus (she was UK born), and he texted her 'talaaq, talaaq, talaaq' to instigate the Sharia divorce, lol. Cheeky sod.

Guest Manpreet singh

If you are living with someone outside marriage then you in fact will become a comman in law wife/husband. They can still get all your junk especially if children are involved. The only difference is that in the eyes of the law you won't have to seek divorce. However financials will be fought over.

I love woman but I just do not want to be married or in a relationship as anyone that is married can verify that relationship come with a lot of nonsense. The problem is that we in the west have reached a very confused period for younger people.

I don't know many people that have not regretted getting married to make their families happy and stay in unhappy marriages for the fear of what will everyone say. This is the problem with our society is that we are too concerned about what people will say.

I see miserable married men and woman everyday.

Someone asked if have anything to do with woman, well let's just say I have very close female friends. Plus I love my mum.