Guru Or Prophit

Balkar, you clearly compared the Gurus or Bhagats to 'Poets' because you tried to compare their thinking process. That was wrong.

When poets are asked about their process, they will also say such things as the words 'come to them' (remember that Gurbani is written in poetic verse). That doesn't mean to say that some higher power, or the object of their muse, dictated their poems to them word for word.

Balkar, you clearly compared the Gurus or Bhagats to 'Poets' because you tried to compare their thinking process. That was wrong.

If somebody is writing poetry, they are functioning in the capacity of a poet. But if I gave the impression that I thought there was some equivalence between Guru Nanak and Lord Byron or something, then I'm sorry. I did not mean to suggest that at all.

Guest Jacfsing2

By becoming a brahmgiani does one become God? So there's the original God and others? Or is it one gains God-like qualities or becomes one with God? A person cannot literally turn into God, surely?

Guru Sahib is the exception, but only he's the exception on being the literal God: "Jot Roop Har Aap GURU NANAK Kahaiyo" " The Lord Almighty caused Himself to be called as Guru Nanak" A normal person would have God-Like qualities and live a Godly life if they merged.

It is good that you have nimrata but the reality is if you aim low you achieve low, so it is always best to aim for the highest. ++ when I mean once we are brahmgiani I mean it as once we recieve rehmat through our prembhagti then we will receive nirvana.

It's okji I'm happy being where Waheguru keeps me. Noji I don't want highest, I'd rather leave that to God to decide, I'm happy where God puts me, as when one starts thinking highest, ahankar also follows too.

I feel I can learn from brahmgiani qualities, I can try to apply what I will learn to my life, inspire from their guhn, to make myself a better person, but I can't say "I'm going to be a brahmgiani". Because "I" already comes in first ahankar has beat me to it then, if you understand what I mean by that, I cannot do anything without the grace of God.

See even in my above sentences "I" has crept in. So if it's re-arranged to May God grace me to learn from their qualities, may God grace me to become a better person, etc. "I" prefer to use it when I'm expressing an opnion I have, not when it comes to Gods decisions.

I don't know what is to happen with me.

"once we are brahmgiani once we receive the rehmat". Since when did we become God to decide this?

I understand what you are trying to say but if you re-read that sentence you will get your answer as to my reply.