How Sikhi Helped With Overcoming Abuse

Guest Gupt

Guest JAPNAAM

Where did I call her a coward and ungrateful?

it can be deemed that you are calling her cowardly for not reporting her father, and ungrateful because out of the whole article you felt you needed to point out how you have been extremely grateful for having a roof and food on the table, hence implying that she should be too. The article is not asking you about your father, but merely her explaining as a 10 year old how she felt about her father.

I believe it would have taken an extreme amount of strength to face these issues, to seek answers, and to seek help and speak to a counsellor about it. To be betrayed by the very person who is there to nurture and protect you. I can not even begin to imagine how much strength it would have taken to put pen to paper.

Thank you sister for sharing your story and may Guru Maharaj continue to heal you.

To the Kaur that wrote the article

I felt so sad reading what you have been through. You should not have had your innocence ever taken in that manner by anyone let alone your father. We really are living in a Kalyug. Was there no one to help? Im so sorry for what you have been through.

It makes it even more critical that we as people ensure that we pick up on abuse in our families and not just let evil acts such as this occur hoping it will stop. This is such a shame...

I pray for you to have a happy life free from these scars. PM me any time..

Mann

No Singhni MiriPiri Ji u can't leave us!

As the forum needs u as according to my statistical analysis u are rated as one of the one most liked posters.

So if we don't get your point of view then how will peeps like myself learn from wiser posters with a female POV? :ohno:

Props to the inspirational Kaur in post #10

Sheikhyobooty-kun wa totemo kawaii desu neeee lol ^___________^ Thank you for being kind.
By your statistical analysis, I’m sure we know who are the most least liked posters lol xD
n9uw.gif

The article was written to help others in a similar situation know they are not alone, and to help me. I found Writing is therapeutic, and it encouraged others to get in touch. Yes I've aired my dirty laundry, it's really dirty, maybe you are right and I should have stayed silent. These things should never be talked about. I should have just been grateful to have a roof over my head and food on the table, and not questioned why my father was different to others. Thank you for that perspective.

I don't claim to be brave, far from it, if I was brave I would have reported it. I am weak, brave are the Kaurs in history who I can only aspire to be like. I am Just someone who found Sikhi and Gurbani healing.

Thank you for reading and Sharing your thoughts.

Gurfateh

You are extremely brave and an inspiration to us, you were right to share your story to others. Please ignore the insensitive posters.

To the Kaur that wrote the article

I felt so sad reading what you have been through. You should not have had your innocence ever taken in that manner by anyone let alone your father. We really are living in a Kalyug. Was there no one to help? Im so sorry for what you have been through.

It makes it even more critical that we as people ensure that we pick up on abuse in our families and not just let evil acts such as this occur hoping it will stop. This is such a shame...

I pray for you to have a happy life free from these scars. PM me any time..

Mann

Thank you Veer Ji, there was no one to help, as I was too ashamed to speak, I was young but I knew what was happening was not right. I was scared to speak out against him.

Kaur, thankyou, you are doing a great Seva, showing many of us how lucky we have been not to suffer the same abuse. My father was on the verge of abusing me but I was able to quickly stop it. I would never trust my father with my daughters if I had any and I have told my mother, she deserved to know.

I just wish I could do more. If i were you though, I would tell the authorities, so that a. He is never able to do what he did to any one else, and b. He pays for his crimes using the system.

How else will be learn. I have sent my father to jail for much much much less than what u went through and had he done that to me, he probably Wouldnt still be living- I would have murdered him, no joke. The years of abuse he gave to us and our mother made me very angry.

The way u are dealing with ur pain is indeed Corageous, but why not go one step further to healing yourself and doing the right thing and tell the cops. Your mum deserves it,your family deserves it, the world deserves to be safe from this mor*n and u deserve justice.

But your free to do what you wish.

Well done for speaking up and sharing your very sad and painful experience with us. We are a (sikh) quame, a Panth, a huge family and you are a part of it. Why do you think Guru ji created the sikh quame/the Panth? Did he create this Panth only to fight with everyone? Did he not create this family, this Panth this quame to help each other if need be? It is not a kind thing to do to insult and degrade people that have suffered traumatic childhoods. You had every right to talk to us about your horrid experiences, you are only human aren't you? Sikhi teaches us to be empathetic, forgiving and patient. It teaches us to help others regardless of race, color or creed. Look at Bhai Ganyaa Ji. Bhai Ganyaa Ji should be every sikh's role model. I know he is mine. Helping doesn't only mean just plastering or bandaging the injured or offering water to the thirsty on the battlefield. It also means listening to other people's suffering with patience, kindness and without judging them. It also means feeling empathy like Bhai ji did for the wounded in the battlefield regardless of the fact some of the injured and wounded were enemies.

This has got nothing to do with dirty laundry, so don't take any notice of those that are trying to put you down for speaking up. It is your experience, your right to speak out or air and no one else's business to make you feel bad about your decision to come forward. Why should you have stayed silent, why? Why should you suffer in silence? Was it your fault what was done to you? No, it wasn't! You were an innocent child and the very person that was suppose to love and protect you did this to you. How shocking is that? What good is the roof over your head and the food on the table when your vulnerability is being exploited? How did that affect your young mind? Were you able to interact with other youngesters at school or elsewhere in a normal way? I wouldn't have thought so.

If people stopped talking and sharing their problems with others they will never be resolved. They will continue to exist from one generation to the next. It is a cyclic thing. Why should you brush these horrible, evil, disgusting experiences under the carpet when there are people around you that you can talk to and are willing to listen to you. I really wish you all the best and am glad you came forward to speak to us. This will encourage so many youngsters in the same situation to come forward too Take refuge in the Guru and hopefully some day you will be able to put all this behind you.

Sikhi doesn't teach us to blame the sufferer, instead it teaches us to help them regardless of gender, race, color, creed, caste or class. It teaches us not to judge others. It teaches us humility, kindness, love and daya.. So, don't allow anyone to put you down for speaking up and exposing those that commit these horrid crimes.

Thank you, Your words have really helped me today.

Kaur, thankyou, you are doing a great Seva, showing many of us how lucky we have been not to suffer the same abuse. My father was on the verge of abusing me but I was able to quickly stop it. I would never trust my father with my daughters if I had any and I have told my mother, she deserved to know.

I just wish I could do more. If i were you though, I would tell the authorities, so that a. He is never able to do what he did to any one else, and b. He pays for his crimes using the system.

How else will be learn. I have sent my father to jail for much much much less than what u went through and had he done that to me, he probably Wouldnt still be living- I would have murdered him, no joke. The years of abuse he gave to us and our mother made me very angry.

The way u are dealing with ur pain is indeed Corageous, but why not go one step further to healing yourself and doing the right thing and tell the cops. Your mum deserves it,your family deserves it, the world deserves to be safe from this mor*n and u deserve justice.

But your free to do what you wish.

Thank you for reading the article, he is in no position to harm anyone else, as for justice, jail, reporting him to the authorities, exposing him, will not give me the peace I am searching. I will leave that to Maharaj.