Sikh Population In Punjab Is 57 % Which Was 60% In 2001 Census.

hrman

Excellent post.

Western culture created the computer we're all typing on, the internet, car, flight....pretty every much single thing in our lives we take for granted and the very best of countries to live in on the planet. We denigrate the West yet every Indian's wet dream is to hop on a plane and live in the west. How did these alcoholics and drug abusers create the best countries in the world to live in?

As if Punjabis didn't know how to drink and consume drugs before the advent and influence of Western culture in the East. Actually, it's the West who learned how to use drugs from Easterners and not vice versa.

Today Scotland is one of the largest manufacturers of Whiskey in the world and Japan is a close second. Yet India is probably 200 years behind these two countries in terms of standard of living. How is this possible????? This dumb morons like a broken tape recorder keep repeating this same nonsense again and again, akin to a parrot on crack! It's the only thing their pea brain knows.

Indians are in thrall to the fantasy that the British arrived in Hindustan and discovered some sort of glittering utopia, which they then proceeded to dismember. They insist that imperialism set them back (when, if anything, and in spite of its many evils, it propelled India forwards centuries), and make this the scapegoat for all of India's contemporary problems.

To address this insecurity they've come up with the idea that whereas the West is materially rich, Indian society is morally and spiritually rich (this from the gang-rape capital of the world). It's all they've got to try and even the odds and paper over the West's quite obvious superiority.

You've just seen the symptoms of this delusional mentality in the post I addressed.

Urgh.

'Western culture' isn't what's leading people to murder their baby girls.

That's the handiwork of sexist Punjabi culture.

'Western culture' isn't what's leading people to take drugs.

75% of Punjabi youths are addicted to drugs. The figures for Western societies don't even touch this.

Get real. Our Punjabi brethren are so smug sometimes.

I agree.

But fertility decrease due to hedonism is an influence of Western influence.

Also, I do not believe that 75% of entire population in punjab is addicated to drugs. In some areas, may be. But over-all, I have seen no credible statistics on drug use in Punjab.

Can you share some credible statistics from well-established sources on drugs?

Indians are in thrall to the fantasy that the British arrived in Hindustan and discovered some sort of glittering utopia, which they then proceeded to dismember. They insist that imperialism set them back (when, if anything, and in spite of its many evils, it propelled India forwards centuries), and make this the scapegoat for all of India's contemporary problems.

To address this insecurity they've come up with the idea that whereas the West is materially rich, Indian society is morally and spiritually rich (this from the gang-rape capital of the world). It's all they've got to try and even the odds and paper over the West's quite obvious superiority.

You've just seen the symptoms of this delusional mentality in the post I addressed.

I couldn't have said it better. To add, you can't fix stupid. Stupid is as stupid does.

In my experience (and I've had quite a bit of it) not only is there no support from other Sikhs, but there's almost a sense of Sikhs purposefully turning their backs on those going through difficult times; complete alienation. Then there's, from some quarters, a barely contained sense of glee that someone has hit rock bottom. Thankfully some emerge from the darkness due to Guru Sahib's kirpa, and, lo and behold, the phone starts ringing again and people start saying hello when you're out and about. This is the type of depraved and heartless Sikhs we're talking about here. I'm not at all surprised those who can't hack the immense pressures placed on them in these situations abandon the culture and religion. Who in their right mind would want to be associated with such a cold and umempathetic bunch of people?

I know what you mean. You only know who your friends are when you're at rock bottom or at least almost there.

Make no mistake, the fastest way for a community/ethnicity/race to disintegrate is due to apathy, indifference and selfishness. This is more potent then even a Nuclear bomb. Unfortunately too many of our fellow Sikh's are 'stuck on stupid', always blaming everybody else and never looking inwards. It's either the RSS, the West, alcohol or drugs. They don't see their own selfishness and indifference.

I agree.

But fertility decrease due to hedonism is an influence of Western influence.

Also, I do not believe that 75% of entire population in punjab is addicated to drugs. In some areas, may be. But over-all, I have seen no credible statistics on drug use in Punjab.

Can you share some credible statistics from well-established sources on drugs?

Not 75% of the entire population. 75% of the youth population. Some estimates come in at around 70%, it isn't altogether impossible that the true figure is slightly higher.

http://indianexpress.com/article/india/india-others/drug-abuse-another-punjab-study-too-pegged-it-at-70/

http://www.tribuneindia.com/news/how-use-turned-to-abuse-in-punjab/31353.html

Reduced fertility has nothing to do with the hedonism supposedly attached to Western culture. It has everything to do with increasing affluence. Wealthier people tend not to have many children, because they don't need a surplus of sprogs in the same way that some impoverished farmer does.

Not 75% of the entire population. 75% of the youth population. Some estimates come in at around 70%, it isn't altogether impossible that the true figure is slightly higher.

http://indianexpress.com/article/india/india-others/drug-abuse-another-punjab-study-too-pegged-it-at-70/

http://www.tribuneindia.com/news/how-use-turned-to-abuse-in-punjab/31353.html

Reduced fertility has nothing to do with the hedonism supposedly attached to Western culture. It has everything to do with increasing affluence. Wealthier people tend not to have many children, because they don't need a surplus of sprogs in the same way that some impoverished farmer does.

So we have one section of Punjabi society that are having less children due to affluence and this has an impact in the fertility replacement rates for Sikhs.

We have another section of Punjabi society that is poor and are not receiving help and therefore accept help from Xtian evangelist groups with bribes and other enticements.

We have the claim of the majority of the youth (I expect would cross all social classes) are drug dependent, the ones who are not are the ones that have emigrated.

So we have one section of Punjabi society that are having less children due to affluence and this has an impact in the fertility replacement rates for Sikhs.

We have another section of Punjabi society that is poor and are not receiving help and therefore accept help from Xtian evangelist groups with bribes and other enticements. Would this section be the ones that have more children?

We have the claim of the majority of the youth (I expect would cross all social classes) are drug dependent, the ones who are not are the ones that have emigrated.

religious,believe me this khalistan concept is having negative impression..non sikhs,who used to c us as warriors have started seeing people with beard as hardliners..it is my humble to request to all my fellow sikhs not to propagate this idea atleast when religion itself is under threat.. rather that make NGOs like khalsa aid which is gaining ground in India nd help people,here people means every Indian,this will help us to gain the lost ground again..nd its also possible this neeshkam sewa concept may make them to convert to sikhism.. nd of course prachar of our gloroius history which is no doubt going good

thank you

Who cares what they view us as, with their history, their judgement is insignificant. But, despite the fact that I am pro Khalistan, I agree with you that now is not the time for Khalistan. We need to become stronger first with good leadership, a Khalistan right now would instantly fall into civil war. You can bet India and Pakistan, hell maybe even China will flood the states with arms so their friends come to power.