Sikh Population In Punjab Is 57 % Which Was 60% In 2001 Census.

hrman

Well, I am a Sikh, but was born in Canada, and our culture has a strong presence, nothing changed that much. The only things is just that we speak English, and do our Western things. We still believe in our heritage, and faith. I know that we have a drug problem in Punjab, and my mothers cousin had a drug problem, but luckily, he is at rehab. Thanks to Whaeguru. But, I think that the parents of these youth should teach their kids about the effects of drugs, and what will happen.

Well, I am a Sikh, but was born in Canada, and our culture has a strong presence, nothing changed that much. The only things is just that we speak English, and do our Western things. We still believe in our heritage, and faith. I know that we have a drug problem in Punjab, and my mothers cousin had a drug problem, but luckily, he is at rehab. Thanks to Whaeguru. But, I think that the parents of these youth should teach their kids about the effects of drugs, and what will happen.

There's no regulation in Punjab as far as im aware. Drugs,booze and everything are rife. Corruption further makes it easier for people to exploit the masses with these substances. Even Sikh philosophy is being tampered with. Everything the Guru Sahib fought against are now being added back. In the west however there's a nice presence of Sikhs who are sort of filtering out the badness that's being mixed into Sikhism. People like BasicsOfSikhi are slowly but surely providing people with information on what true Sikhism is. Even forums help.

My,My for someone born in Canada your love for Sikhism (or atleast your enthusiasm) is a refreshing thing to see.

If you don't mind me asking, how old are you.

There's no regulation in Punjab as far as im aware. Drugs,booze and everything are rife. Corruption further makes it easier for people to exploit the masses with these substances. Even Sikh philosophy is being tampered with. Everything the Guru Sahib fought against are now being added back. In the west however there's a nice presence of Sikhs who are sort of filtering out the badness that's being mixed into Sikhism. People like BasicsOfSikhi are slowly but surely providing people with information on what true Sikhism is. Even forums help.

My,My for someone born in Canada your love for Sikhism (or atleast your enthusiasm) is a refreshing thing to see.

If you don't mind me asking, how old are you.

I am 13.

Well, I cut my hair, but I respect my religion, and I want to save our religions heritage.

People like Badal cause corruption everywhere.

The migration of Sikhs out of India in my opinion is the highest in post millenium than it has been in any other era.

The inward migration of non-Sikhs from other states also plays a big factor.

One question no body asks is whether the native Hindu Punjabi population in decline?

The censuses give figures for migrants to each state.

If we look at Punjab in 1991 there were a total of 1,126,149 people born in other states of India in Punjab. This figure excludes those born in Pakistan and who migrated in 1947. As there was migration of Sikhs from other states after 1984 then some of these migrants were Sikhs. The usual figure given for these migrants is about 50,000. If we take the Sikhs away from the above figure but add to this figure 11,350 who were migrants from Nepal then the number of these migrants were 1,087,500.

So in 1991 if we take away the migrants from the Hindu figures then -;

6989226-1087500 = 5901726 / 19194469 (pop. of Punjab minus no. of migrants) = 30.74%

If we do the same for 2001

8997942 - 1724675 = 7273267 / 22634324 = 32.13%

So the Hindu Punjabis did increase without the migrant population, but the 1991 census did have the added issue of many Hindus listing themselves as Sikhs because of the Kharkoo movement there.

Interestingly, if these migrant population is excluded as above, the Sikhs would have been 66% of Punjab population in 1991 and 64.4% in 2001. The decrease has already been explained above. These are figures which exclude the Sikh migrants who left Punjab for abroad so if they had stayed then it is likely that the Sikh population would have been 75% in Punjab.

The migrant figures haven't been released for 2011 census.

Lol

Most 13 year old I know are more interested in smashing up stuff in GTA so it's refreshing for me xD

I don't know about you, but when someone with the username 'CanadianSingh' feels compelled to consistently reminds others he's a Sikh at the beginning of most of his posts... well, it speaks for itself, don't you think so?

one of the best OST ever made for any planning/supernatural anime.