Sikh Population In Punjab Is 57 % Which Was 60% In 2001 Census.

hrman

Guest Jacfsing2

I don't know about you, but when someone with the username 'CanadianSingh' feels compelled to consistently reminds others he's a Sikh at the beginning of most of his posts... well, it speaks for itself, don't you think so?

Not really a Death Note fan, but still understand your basic message. If someone is non-Sikh on their forum then they just say it as well.

Most 13 year old I know are more interested in smashing up stuff in GTA so it's refreshing for me xD

one of the best OST ever made for any planning/supernatural anime.

I assume some folk must enjoy worse stuff than GTA at 13.

The censuses give figures for migrants to each state.

If we look at Punjab in 1991 there were a total of 1,126,149 people born in other states of India in Punjab. This figure excludes those born in Pakistan and who migrated in 1947. As there was migration of Sikhs from other states after 1984 then some of these migrants were Sikhs. The usual figure given for these migrants is about 50,000. If we take the Sikhs away from the above figure but add to this figure 11,350 who were migrants from Nepal then the number of these migrants were 1,087,500.

So in 1991 if we take away the migrants from the Hindu figures then -;

6989226-1087500 = 5901726 / 19194469 (pop. of Punjab minus no. of migrants) = 30.74%

If we do the same for 2001

8997942 - 1724675 = 7273267 / 22634324 = 32.13%

So the Hindu Punjabis did increase without the migrant population, but the 1991 census did have the added issue of many Hindus listing themselves as Sikhs because of the Kharkoo movement there.

Interestingly, if these migrant population is excluded as above, the Sikhs would have been 66% of Punjab population in 1991 and 64.4% in 2001. The decrease has already been explained above. These are figures which exclude the Sikh migrants who left Punjab for abroad so if they had stayed then it is likely that the Sikh population would have been 75% in Punjab.

The migrant figures haven't been released for 2011 census.

So by these figures, the Hindu Punjabi slightly increased in 2001 compared to 1991. I guess will just have to wait until the migrant figures come out for 2011.

It would be interesting to see the breakdown between urban and rural also.

I wonder what the impact of a lower Sikh population would have on the Hindu Punjabi population.

If the hindi speaking Bhaiyas and bihari are swamping Punjab and become the majority (hypothetically speaking), would the Hindu Punjabi get assimilated?

I could see some regret and remorse from certain sections of the Hindu Punjabi population. However, It would probably suit the purpose of the vested interests of the Central government.

But this could backfire as Muslims from UP and Bihar would also move in and communal conflicts between Hindus and Muslims would spread into Punjab and with Pakistan would also stir the pot being only next door.

Then you have this Christian evangelism and they would also be added into the mix with other foreign vested interests looking to break India ( this is part of the issue in India ' s north east region).

This is all theory of course.

I believe that one day India is going to be a Christian nation. All those low castes will convert to Christianity.I believe it's inevitable.

Christian missionaries can try but I doubt the Hindus would let it happen without a bloodbath. These missionaries are banned in most parts of India because Hindus start rioting and killing Christians. The only place where riots dont happen is in Punjab because Sikhs don't let kattar Hindus do what they do to Christians in rest of India. And how do these Christians repay us? These snakes began targeting Sikh Mazhabis for conversion. They don't even target Hindu dalits in Punjab, only us!

Sikh leaders need to be very watchful of these missionary activities. Just look at how they managed to grow and dominate the once Buddhist South Korea. Lets not only concentrate on Hindus and ignore Christian and Muslim growth in Punjab which has increased significantly.

Christian missionaries can try but I doubt the Hindus would let it happen without a bloodbath. These missionaries are banned in most parts of India because Hindus start rioting and killing Christians. The only place where riots dont happen is in Punjab because Sikhs don't let kattar Hindus do what they do to Christians in rest of India. And how do these Christians repay us? These snakes began targeting Sikh Mazhabis for conversion. They don't even target Hindu dalits in Punjab, only us!

Sikh leaders need to be very watchful of these missionary activities. Just look at how they managed to grow and dominate the once Buddhist South Korea. Lets not only concentrate on Hindus and ignore Christian and Muslim growth in Punjab which has increased significantly.

Can you tell me how will they stop it? How will they stop Indian based missionaries from converting low caste Hindus? There are no laws against it. It will happen slowly but surely. When other low castes see their former brethren being treated equally in another religion and obtaining support/help from the church, they will follow suit.

Where are missionaries in India banned? I was recently in South India (Chennai) and I was taken aback with the type of Christian evangelical shows (from the US) they have there. And not one mind you. I believe it was 3 channels. Judging from these shows I'm guessing there is a pretty large denomination of Christians in the South.

Just like English is the unofficial 'official' language in India, the same will happen with religion. You cannot stop it no matter how hard you try.

Instead of getting angry with the missionaries we must ask ourselves, why did these former Sikhs convert to Christianity? If we truly practiced 'wand ke shekao' it would be very hard for missionaries to convert Sikhs. Don;t get angry with the missionaries. Take a hard look at ourselves.