Mixed Marriages, I.j. Singh And Guruka Singh Views Analyzed

Akalifauj

Waheguru ji,

Sangat, I would want to share my own story. I'm glad we already have a topic and I don't have to create one to ask for guidance.

I'm 28 yr old Singh whose dating a Caucasian girl (Christian). We have been in a relationship for over a year and want to take it to the next step. I have spoken to her about Sikhi but haven't asked her about conversion however I did mention the fact that if we do get married I want to raise my kids as Sikhs. She is a kind hearted and the most generous woman that I have met, but doesn't believe that the religion is the only way to god. She doesn't go to church but believes in the connection with the God. I on the other hand is in a garb of a Sikh but doesn't follow the Guru to the core. We talk about Sikhi all the time but I think I have no power to ask someone to convert if I myself has uncountable flaws.

Now being said that.. what do I do in this situation, find some place else to marry?

Getting married without the Guru would be a nightmare for me.

Sangat I know I'm a paapi but how can I be without my Guru on the most imp day of my life.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Waheguru ji,

Sangat, I would want to share my own story. I'm glad we already have a topic and I don't have to create one to ask for guidance.

I'm 28 yr old Singh whose dating a Caucasian girl (Christian). We have been in a relationship for over a year and want to take it to the next step. I have spoken to her about Sikhi but haven't asked her about conversion however I did mention the fact that if we do get married I want to raise my kids as Sikhs. She is a kind hearted and the most generous woman that I have met, but doesn't believe that the religion is the only way to god. She doesn't go to church but believes in the connection with the God. I on the other hand is in a garb of a Sikh but doesn't follow the Guru to the core. We talk about Sikhi all the time but I think I have no power to ask someone to convert if I myself has uncountable flaws.

Now being said that.. what do I do in this situation, find some place else to marry?

Getting married without the Guru would be a nightmare for me.

Sangat I know I'm a paapi but how can I be without my Guru on the most imp day of my life.

Bhai Jagraj Singh Ji from Basics covered a similar situation in the video below at 17:23

You guys could do a path and ardaas at the Gurdwara, but complete agree with you we shouldn't force anyone.

Anand Karaj in of itself has always been an affirmation that both parties are Sikh. This is an attempt to gauge a couple's sincerity on that.

This guy makes up Sikhi as he goes. First it was anyone who bows before Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji is a Sikh and now this.

This behavior is a sign of wanting to leave Sikhi. No one is going stop this person from leaving. He can create his own rules in his new religion regarding marriage and how people become his disciples.

Only a few try to bring a community together. Clearly IJ singh and Guruka Singh failed in this task. Truth always brings people together. Like a alcoholic is addicted to the rush of getting a bigger buzz. Guruka singh and IJ Singh continue to split Sikhs apart to get a rush from arguments and favoring the morally corrupt concepts. Sikhi is to dull for them; they need to add their own spicies to it.

• 1 month later...

Mixed marriages between Punjab and European can exist and be great marriages for me as a white male dating a Punjabi female honestly it comes down to love I can honestly say I love my girl and will always these relationships work but its old fashioned and things take awhile and there has to be mutual respect I personally am a big history buff so I learned alot about her culture from the past to the point she was like wow I didn't know that you have to be willing to learn I beg to learn the language and what are sighns of respect and disrespect it all helps it actually has gotten to where if someone would make a Indian joke I get totally offended because since she's a part of me I feel almost like its a part of me in a way ,as a white male trying to integrate into her family all I want is to be accepted and this I where I believe people do wrong I don't believe people should discriminate me based on my skin color it really Is bad at the beginning of our relationship at about 2years in she still had not told her parents but we had a plan we would tell them by the third year mark she said that way her parents would see it as a serious relationship and not just some kindergarten crush so at this point we were spread deeply in love but the fear of her parents finding out had almost broken us atlesst 4times but we stuck threw it we knew if we gave up this relationship we might as well as give up life there'd be nothing to look forward too remind you we were 21 at this Time and this is where you need patience because we still could hardly go in public together she was so scared that we literally couldn't go in stores together and for a young woman to be that scared just because her bf is a certain color I never thought that was right now I know alot of hate of these relationships comes from religion I personally believe in one god that's always around always seeing and observing now its not much different from what my girl had believed so I started the process of being Sikh I never had a name for my religion I never labeled my self as a Christian or a catholic honestly I didn't know the difference I believe in Jesus and I also believe in guru nanak I don't feel that either one try to steer me to evil I feel as if they both did the world amazing things by spreading the word of god from what I've read if this is true guru nanaks parents weren't Sikh because Sikh wasn't created yet so I feel coming from one religion to another one so similar was okay. So at this point with my religion being the same I saw no reason to be discriminated and yet I still was. What must it take for two people to fall in love and be happy she made so many sacrifices same as I did and none of them felt hard we haven't had kids yet but if we do I have no issue with them being Sikh or Christian I have no worries if they have brown or blue eyes I believe as long as this much respect and loyalty is given there should be no reason for me to be discriminated I was going to school to be the same profession as her in the medical field but I guess the question Is what was not to be acceptable in my case , I know alot of guys may not go threw and respect the Punjabi Sikh culture if there just marrying into it but I believe if they put the work and loyolty they should know they'll be accepted over time most people only see discrimination from other races but as a white male I still feel to this day looked down on and I know that's not in the teachings to do that I thought all men were created equally so my question is as a young man put in his all and tries his very best at this point is he acceptable ?