Mixed Marriages, I.j. Singh And Guruka Singh Views Analyzed

Akalifauj

Uber-liberalised, non-practicising Sikhs are attempting to do to Sikhi what was done to Christianity in places like the UK, I.E. create a watered-down, anything-goes method of worship where the orthodox adherents are painted as inflexible, unenlightened extremists who are clinging to an ideology these Sunday-Sikhs consider to be irrelevant and incompatible with their idea of a multicultural society that's built on rationalism and logic (atheism in all but name I guess), but not quite having the courage to reject the ways of their forefathers, because it's nice to dress up once in a while and unleash the inner ethnic on occasions like births, marriages, and deaths. Something to post on Facebook and Instagram.

Basically, like most things these days, remould and reappropriate anything that doesn't fit a certain agenda, and castigate any school of thought or individual that resists these attacks via subtle (and not so subtle) efforts through manipulation of the public consciousness to change public opinion via the media.

Just my opinions.

Great post

Sunday - Sikhs, that's a great term! ?

Are u guys lazy something? The info on the guidlines from sikh council on anand karaj's are available to read yourself, on this site too. Garch also provided u with a video to watch frm sikh council explaining it.

https://youtu.be/kUQJUcGT30Q

"Resolutions agreed include:

That all Sikhs, whether those involved in Gurdwara managements or those who have been involved in protests are all ultimately working to achieve the same ends.

That only a Sikh in accordance with the Sikh Rehat Maryada definition is allowed to be married in accordance with the Anand Karaj ceremony

That a person of non-Sikh origin who accepts the Sikh faith should demonstrate formal acceptance of this by including Singh or Kaur in their name.That any person of any community which has a historical tradition of following many tenets of the Sikh Faith and regularly engage in religious ceremonies and contribute to the Gurdwaras should be accepted for the Anand Karaj ceremony without question.Gurdwaras agree there should be put in place appropriate processes, procedures and resources to allow for education and reflection by couples prior to Anand Karaj booking being confirmed.

Sikh Council UK is requested to coordinate the development of appropriate education processes, procedures and resources for use by Gurdwaras. Sikh Council UK will involve organisations and individuals including youth organisations in this developmental work."

Uber-liberalised, non-practicising Sikhs are attempting to do to Sikhi what was done to Christianity in places like the UK, I.E. create a watered-down, anything-goes method of worship where the orthodox adherents are painted as inflexible, unenlightened extremists who are clinging to an ideology these Sunday-Sikhs consider to be irrelevant and incompatible with their idea of a multicultural society that's built on rationalism and logic (atheism in all but name I guess), but not quite having the courage to reject the ways of their forefathers, because it's nice to dress up once in a while and unleash the inner ethnic on occasions like births, marriages, and deaths. Something to post on Facebook and Instagram.

Basically, like most things these days, remould and reappropriate anything that doesn't fit a certain agenda, and castigate any school of thought or individual that resists these attacks via subtle (and not so subtle) efforts through manipulation of the public consciousness to change public opinion via the media.

Just my opinions.

Yea great post, this is all they care about, or as i describe it, "video wedding".

Just my opinions.

So lets get this straight. One partner refuses to convert. So some sort of test is administered. And if they pass that test, they're allowed to get married? Despite one partner still not being a Sikh? I hope majority of UK Sikhs make a hard stand against this nonsense.

I don't believe it's because of 'dress up'. They could always do that during the wedding dinner and all the other celebrations that go with it. I believe it's validation. They want validation from the larger community.

Societies normally go in cycles, like a mini-yug. The atheistic, ultra - liberalised, consumerist society will lead to a more of a society that is devoid of spirit and full of hedonism.

The pendelum will swing back and it will be the likes of the so called "fundamentalists" that will have to pick up the pieces.

I know what you mean. This is a symptom of a 'monied' society. If Western economy ever crashes (which I hope does not), these libtards will be the hardest hit.

So lets get this straight. One partner refuses to convert. So some sort of test is administered. And if they pass that test, they're allowed to get married? Despite one partner still not being a Sikh? I hope majority of UK Sikhs make a hard stand against this nonsense.

I don't believe it's because of 'dress up'. They could always do that during the wedding dinner and all the other celebrations that go with it. I believe it's validation. They want validation from the larger community.

Its a course.

Hmm... great point. I never considered that angle.

I feel there's also those that have an attitude of, "What can you [other Sikhs] do about it?" Almost like goading or rubbing people's noses in it. Not sure why, but there's that element of discarding the restrictive shackles of an oppressive culture - not my opinion but I'm trying to place myself in their shoes - and a need to celebrate this glorious act of emancipation and rebellion in the very place where such unions would be frowned upon; the final act of victory as it were.

Or maybe I'm reading too much into it, lol.

[quote name="Quantavius" post="639995" timestamp="1440939434"

You are thinking like a typical male, which is to think pragmatically.

A lady needs to have a different outfit with different accessories for each particular event.