Science & Sikhi

Hi All,

Is it just me or does anyone else think that science and sikhi go hand in hand? Were always told that you either believe in the big bang or god - My understanding is that waheguru is infinite and eternal.

It is said within the SGGS that there are millions of galaxies etc. and that the human mind will never be able to fully comprehend wahegurus creation but thats not to say science is wrong?

Im no scientist but I enjoy researching astrology and the size of this universe and reading into all these questions we have on how big the universe is etc. Science makes new discoveries everyday and although we have come far in terms of disocvering the universe, i believe it is infinite as Sikhi tells us and that we will never find the 'end' of the universe

Its amazing to think that waheguru created all these millions of galaxies on such a mass scale. We are all so insiginificant in terms of gods creation, all the problems and stress we have in our lives as humans is just on one country, on one planet, in one solar system, in on galaxy of a million/billion galaxies?

ਚੌਪਈ ॥

चौपई ॥

CHAUPAI

ਪ੍ਰਿਥਮੈ ਓਅੰਕਾਰ ਤਿਨ ਕਹਾ ॥

प्रिथमै ओअंकार तिन कहा ॥

First of all, He uttered `Oankar`:

ਸੋ ਧੁਨ ਪੂਰ ਜਗਤ ਮੋ ਰਹਾ ॥

सो धुन पूर जगत मो रहा ॥

And the sound of Onkar` Pervanded the whole world,

ਤਾ ਤੇ ਜਗਤ ਭਯੋ ਬਿਸਥਾਰਾ ॥

ता ते जगत भयो बिसथारा ॥

There was expansion of the whole world,

ਪੁਰਖ ਪ੍ਰਕ੍ਰਿਤ ਜਬ ਦੁਹੂ ਬਿਚਾਰਾ ॥੩੦॥

पुरख प्रक्रित जब दुहू बिचारा ॥३०॥

From the union of Purusha and Prakriti.30.

The sound of onkar is the Big Bang sound. The guru knew about Big Bang etc long before the west.

VAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA, VAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

Science is the pursuit of the truth by way of observation using the 5 senses and various technological advances that enhance the 5 senses. It is a process meant for all to be able to experience. It takes time, as more and more knowledge is revealed to humanity. It is also prone to errors, as the senses can be fooled and the mind that creates the hypotheses on which scientific experimentation is based can be flawed. Laws and theories can also be inaccurate because not all data is available at the same time. This is constantly an issue while observing the universe - you will hear repeatedly that so and so phenomenon "violates" rules of XXX. It does not violate anything except what humans perceived to be the truth, when in reality, the Truth is something wholly different and not yet fully realized by humans.

Religion (specifically relating to Sikhism) is the pursuit of the Absolute Truth. It transcends the 5 senses and focuses on merging with the Infinite One Almighty. Once the individual merges into the Almighty through inner discovery by Naam contemplation (Simran), he/she is given access to the Experience of Absolute Truth. To that person, All Truths are accessible, and are not limited to experimentation, discovery and human perception. That individual (if they can be called such, as they have discarded the self - Haumai - to realize the Absolute Truth. Nevertheless, that human still can retain the physical body and be identified separately from the rest of humanity by the 5 senses) is not bound by space-time-matter or anything worldly.

Because both religion and science have similarities because their goal is similar - Truth. However, the methods are different - hypothesis->experimentation->theory->law vs. faith->Naam->Revelation of the Absolute Truth/Merging with the One Almighty. The quality of the Truth is different as well - science produces a relative truth - what we see as correct is correct only as it relates to how much truth we have discovered (and truth is limited based on the amount of data revealed). Absolute Truth simply is - it is Infinite and there is no fallacy to it. The Absolute Truth can, in its Infinite nature, can do as it shall, because it is Absolute - it encompasses all and any and beyond that (because those concepts are human). It simply IS.

Hi All,

Is it just me or does anyone else think that science and sikhi go hand in hand? Were always told that you either believe in the big bang or god - My understanding is that waheguru is infinite and eternal.

It is said within the SGGS that there are millions of galaxies etc. and that the human mind will never be able to fully comprehend wahegurus creation but thats not to say science is wrong?

Im no scientist but I enjoy researching astrology and the size of this universe and reading into all these questions we have on how big the universe is etc. Science makes new discoveries everyday and although we have come far in terms of disocvering the universe, i believe it is infinite as Sikhi tells us and that we will never find the 'end' of the universe

Its amazing to think that waheguru created all these millions of galaxies on such a mass scale. We are all so insiginificant in terms of gods creation, all the problems and stress we have in our lives as humans is just on one country, on one planet, in one solar system, in on galaxy of a million/billion galaxies?

Quantum physics is the branch of science that's in line with Sikhi or spirituality. Its states that your belief (subject) affects the object. All things exist as possibilities until one makes a conscious choice.

Believing is seeing not the other way around.