Pronunciation Of Gurbani Help

gsingh9

I don't know how to read Gurmukhi, isn't that helpful for when learning Santhiya.

I regret not learning Santhiya before, but now I'm going in my final year at uni and don't think I will have enough free time.

Waheguru Ji ka khalsa waheguru Ji ki fateh. You will start santheya with the alphabet via baal updesh. Once you master the alphabet then you proceed to muharnia. Don't delay it just go.

Yes take it step by step. There's no rush. Flooding your mind with everything is only going to confuse you. Learn the Alphabet and Punjabi reading first, then muharnia and then from there start from JapJi Sahib. japJi Sahib is the absolute First bani (imo) to learn as it is not too hard to master and it will form a solid base for you to expand into other Bani . Go from there. As a young child my parents would sit me down and help me read Gurbani. Japji Sahib (even though I couldnt read the Gurmukhi all too well) was taught to me bit by bit. You'll build up a familiarity with the terms and words. listen to youtube videos, and then learn it pauri by pauri.

Excellent point.

A 'Sikh' is a student, and a student is always going to make some mistakes.

I listen to most of my nitnem on audio too brother gsingh ji, so I can be sure how the Bani is supposed to be pronounced. You don't have to read it from a Gutka Sahib, so long as you are receiving the words in some format and contemplating them, the effect is the same. If you are to beware of anything, beware of reciting the Bani like a mindless automaton: never actually considering and putting some thought into what Guru Sahib is saying.

Nice, even by listening your soul is still absorbing it.