Ridhi-Sidhi: What Actually Happened

Guest query

what actually happens when ridhi-sidhi occurs? i hear ppl can go big, small, fly etc...

how does this occur? im not questioning its possibility at all as anything is possible, just curious of how/what happens..do you just wake up and have these powers?

also its totally curiosity, im not into trying to follow occult powers etc,

http://www.sikhphilosophy.net/threads/nidhi-ridhi-sidhi.457/

This thread has a discussion.

I think the powers just show themselves when you try to do things. Bhai Rama JI in his book says that he was able to foretell things like the weather.

These powers come from Waheguru and they sort of help you on your path to further spirituality.

These powers follow the people who follow God's commands of regular and devotional prayer.

They are at the command - basically they are like slaves to the people who pray regularly. However you are supposed to ignore them as they will hamper the path to further spiritual success.

Kabir Ji, Baba Farid Ji dhiya dhiya stories have many examples of these powers - and the bhagats actually just ignored them. Personally reading all about these stories I think has given me a deeper understanding about many things in Sikhi and generally how spirituality works.

You may use these powers only if God commands you to use them.

I was recently reading a part on Guru Gobind Singh Ji.

http://kaur.sikhnet.com/mai-bhago-the-story-you-know-vs-the-story-youll-hear/

Notice how the events unfold in this story with Guru Ji not even once having used any of his powers.

Someone once wrote their personal experience with ridhi sidhis, i think it was on this forum. i cant recall it exactly how he wrote it but i will write what i remember

the singh was a great naam abyasi, did a crazy amount of simran. he wrote one day at school as he was talking to people, suddenly he knew what they were going to say. He could read there mind. he told this to his friends and they didn't believe him, so he demonstrated his power to them and they were convinced that he had the powers. Couple more people found out and after demonstrating his power his fame grew in the school. soon loads of people were after him, his ego begain to kick in.

one day more people came to him to see if its true he had these powers. he was going to show them his power but when he tryed nothing happened and the people started saying he was lying. soon the crowds left him and he was left alone with his super ego. he tryed to gain the powers back but to no avail

this is what i remembered he wrote. i dont know if i remembered it exactly , maybe someone can find the story. it might have been under gupt section

One day after Simran Subedar Bagel Singh was resting after his simran. His Astral body aka Sookham sareer jet out from his body through the roof. Also it could go through physical objects, travelled and came back to his body. He wrote quiet a few books on Simran and his visions of Guru Sahibs.

Ridhhi Siddhis are powers which one gets, either by present birth kamaee in meditation, or from past births kamaee with a little effort to be put in this very one.

They usually come and meet those who do bhakti of gods, as they themselves are the reservoir of them.

But they do not even dare to come near, those who have Wahiguru as their main aim only.

For example, Ravan did so much bhakti of Brahma and Shiva, he got so much powers that he became the ruler of the three worlds, but he could not control his mind or vaasnas, though he remained wicked and ultimately died like a dog on the street ....

Usually seen, when one does bhakti of any other entity except Wahiguru, when they are satisfied with your devotion, they appear and the first thing they tell you is: I am satisfied with your bhakti, ask for whatever you want....

On the contrary, Wahiguru´s Naam is so pure and paviter, that forget having His darshan, but just by repeating it, no matter how sinner you are, it will unfold itself in us, and remove all the filth accumulated on us since we stepped into this mayaee creation, and make us as pure as Himself with His grace, and finally, allow us to merge in Him.

Sangat Jee, is there anything in the whole triloki creation compared to the beant wadeeayee of our beloved Wahiguru Akal Purukh?

Wah wah, dhan dhan, Wahiguru Akal Purukh Sachay Patshah.

Sat Sree Akal.

Adding to this Bhaji. I believe that is why our Guru Sahib's didn't actively practice the powers they possessed. Guru Tegh Bahadur Ji I believe, refused to perform miracles/ridhi-sidhi for Aurangzeb even though Aurangzeb said to do it.

I believe they did use it, but it wasn't actively like the legends you quotes. They were happy living with the Naam alone. They didn't use it to gain advantages in wars and stuff.

Our Guru Sahib's didn't actively practice the powers they possessed.

Guru Tegh Bahadur Ji I believe, refused to perform miracles/ridhi-sidhi for Aurangzeb even though Aurangzeb said to do it.

I believe they did use it, but it wasn't actively like the legends you quotes. They were happy living with the Naam alone. They didn't use it to gain advantages in wars and stuff.

What others believe or not, I am not much concerned.

But that much I will surely say, I believe, our Guru Sahibans are the embodiment of Naam or Shabad, in short, Wahiguru Akal Purukh.

To perform miracles or displaying powers, is generally going against the Laws of Nature, and Guru Sahibans, or Gurmukhs can not ever go against the very laws, which are His Hukum, by which the whole of the creation is running at all levels.

They (Saints, Gurmukhs) are not corrupted or greedy like we the rest of beings, in order to manipulate things to their favour/ tastes.

They live by the philosophy : Tera Bhaana meetha laage.

Which means, Saas saas simroh Gobind, and I am happy at all times by abiding in your will.

Sat Sree Akal.

What others believe or not, I am not much concerned.

But that much I will surely say, I believe, our Guru Sahibans are the embodiment of Naam or Shabad, in short, Wahiguru Akal Purukh.

To perform miracles or displaying powers, is generally going against the Laws of Nature, and Guru Sahibans, or Gurmukhs can not ever go against the very laws, which are His Hukum, by which the whole of the creation is running at all levels.

They (Saints, Gurmukhs) are not corrupted or greedy like we the rest of beings, in order to manipulate things to their favour/ tastes.

They live by the philosophy : Tera Bhaana meetha laage.

Which means, Saas saas simroh Gobind, and I am happy at all times by abiding in your will.

Sat Sree Akal.

Very true. Being such as Baba Atal Rai brought back the dead and Guru Sahib was displeased by this. It just shows that real Saints have this power but their love for the Almighty is one of such a level that they will not interfere with the Divine will of the Lord