Namdharis Coming Back Into Panth

jkvlondon

Guest Jacfsing2

Integral perhaps wasn't the best choice of words. 'Beneficial' would have been better. One cay say what they will of the Namdharis, but as you've mentioned, they have almost singlehandedly managed to preserve the integrity of the puraatan tradition of Gurmat Sangeet. These ustaads of tanti saaz in the mainstream Sikh world - almost every single one of them was taught by a Namdhari. Two of the most prominent here in the UK, Bhai Harjinder Singh Lallie and Professor Surinder Singh (Raj Academy) were both students of Ustaad Surjeet Singh Namdhari.

I think they are due a lot of respect.

Don't Namdharis have 2 Gurus? Uday Singh and Dalip Singh? And only one is willing to join the Panth?

Integral perhaps wasn't the best choice of words. 'Beneficial' would have been better. One cay say what they will of the Namdharis, but as you've mentioned, they have almost singlehandedly managed to preserve the integrity of the puraatan tradition of Gurmat Sangeet. These ustaads of tanti saaz in the mainstream Sikh world - almost every single one of them was taught by a Namdhari. Two of the most prominent here in the UK, Bhai Harjinder Singh Lallie and Professor Surinder Singh (Raj Academy) were both students of Ustaad Surjeet Singh Namdhari.

I mean I had to choose between taking instruction at a local Namdhari centre or obey Hukham to stay away and I chose rehit . Maybe others will disagree but I felt that if I was meant to learn punjabi from a gursikh then something so much more important as gurmat sangeet then the basics would have at least that level of discernment.

so perhaps the media were premature to announce Namdharis in general ... which faction is larger Uday's shish or Dalip's?

Dailysikhupdates claims that the majority of the Namdharis follow Thakur Dalip Singh (the figure is given as 80%). I don't know if this has been verified, but I suspect not. Uday Singh however is the official Guru of the Namdharis and he is in possession of the lands at Bhaini Sahib.

Due a lot of respect? They already are overflowing with ego. They look down on everyone else and they don't even get along with others who are involved with Gurmat Sangeet.

And they are not the only ones who have preserved Gurmat Sangeet....there are many others out there as well. Please don't mislead the Sangat.

Due a lot of respect? They already are overflowing with ego. They look down on everyone else and they don't even get along with others who are involved with Gurmat Sangeet.

And they are not the only ones who have preserved Gurmat Sangeet....there are many others out there as well. Please don't mislead the Sangat.

"You're a liar Balkaar! Quit misleading the Sangat!" This is the second thread where you are making completely baseless accusations against me.

I didn't say there were the only ones who have preserved Gurmat Sangeet. I said "almost singlehandedly". Almost is key. Do you know what almost means?

And how exactly don't they get along with others involved in Gurmat Sangeet? The Raj Academy hires Naamdharis as teachers for God's sake. Some of the most famous names in Gurmat Sangeet were trained by Namdharis. I very much doubt either of those things would be happening if we weren't on relatively good terms. My dilruba ustaad is a namdhari. I've met members of his sect. We get along just fine.

"You're a liar Balkaar! Quit misleading the Sangat!" This is the second thread where you are making completely baseless accusations against me.

I didn't say there were the only ones who have preserved Gurmat Sangeet. I said "almost singlehandedly". Almost is key. Do you know what almost means?

And how exactly don't they get along with others involved in Gurmat Sangeet? The Raj Academy hires Naamdharis as teachers for God's sake. Some of the most famous names in Gurmat Sangeet were trained by Namdharis. I very much doubt either of those things would be happening if we weren't on relatively good terms. My dilruba ustaad is a namdhari. I've met members of his sect. We get along just fine.

I Guess it is true because Uday SIngh has given out his hukhamnama....

https://www.facebook.com/ASRPM/photos/pcb.1614584432125884/1614584352125892/?type=1&theater

It is different if we respect a person because they realise their mistake and come back under the panthic maryada , but if they are capable of saying Guru Granth Sahib ji is not Guru kehn di laik then there is NO WAY I can respect that person or interact with them then the caste based nonsense is the cherry on top.

Interesting to see this story resurface after a few months have passed. In June he was showing a willingness to join the Khalsa Panth and follow the rehat, plus:

1) told his followers to use the word Guru while saying Guru Granth Sahib Ji as before his followers pronounced Aad Sri Granth Sahib.

2) agreed to use the Fateh greeting as before it wasn’t always used.

3) Majhbhi Sikhs that are Naamdhari were to be treated equally according to Thakur Dalip Singh.

4) Thakur Dalip Singh had pledged to support Khalsa Raj and a separate Khalsa State.

5) Thakur Dalip Singh had organized a program in the past where Panthic groups were present. In that program, the theme was for unity of various Sikh groups for a common cause. Also, in that program the Dohara ‘Agia Bhaei Akal Ki’ was read and names of the ten Sikh Gurus were said which had never happened before among the Naamdharis.

I'm not saying that Naamdharis don't get along with others. I'm saying Raj Academy doesn't get along with others and that they are overflowing with ego.

If I recall correctly Prof. Surinder Singh has many problems with others and many people have problems with him.

Many people within Gurmat Sangeet just look down on others...and they look down on other people within Gurmat Sangeet as well.

It's a very complicated story. If you search around on the internet/forums/videos, you will see information regarding this.

I personally have major respect for Prof. Surinder Singh and Raj Academy....but the information out there cannot be denied either. I keep an open mind on things like this.