Namdharis Coming Back Into Panth

jkvlondon

4 minutes ago, intrigued said:

I read an article where it said that namdharis wear a more flatedged and compact version of that style; interesting to see the similarities - https://jodhsingh.medium.com/a-visual-history-of-the-sikh-turban-ca294b58953b

Is there any tutorials about tying this specific dastaar? I've been searching for a while. 

3 minutes ago, puzzled said:

Yeah I like their dastaar. They faced a lot of persecution under the Brits, they were blown from cannons etc.  Its one of the reasons why they never wore the Patiala Shahi type of Pagh, because that's the pagh that Brits made everyone wear. So they continued wearing the puratan style of dastar.

Their dedication to preserve Sikhi is quite admirable in that sense. 

I think in the past they have protested against the destruction of trees and nature. 

100 percent. Only thing that separates us is their Guruship beliefs! Other than that I love them. They don't consume any sort of caffeine, along with the Nihangs, and have even influenced me to stop drinking beverages such as Cha. Also noticed that a majority of them are fairly fit and skinny as they advocate fitness. Additionally, if you look at Bhaini Sahib, their main pind, it is well kept with literally no sort of littering. It's like a different version of Panjab. The water is crystal clean. Check this vlog out: 

Just now, dharamyudh said:

Is there any tutorials about tying this specific dastaar? I've been searching for a while. 

100 percent. Only thing that separates us is their Guruship beliefs! Other than that I love them. They don't consume any sort of caffeine, along with the Nihangs, and have even influenced me to stop drinking beverages such as Cha. Also noticed that a majority of them are fairly fit and skinny as they advocate fitness. Additionally, if you look at Bhaini Sahib, their main pind, it is well kept with literally no sort of littering. It's like a different version of Panjab. The water is crystal clean. Check this vlog out: 

That really is very clean compared to the rest of India, looks very beautiful. That's the cleanest body of water I've seen in India, its so clear.  When I went Hazur Sahib, I went down to the Godhavri river, and the river was green! like a slimy green. I spoke to a fisherman there and he said its hard to catch fish because most of the fish are dead!  My cousin told me that not to far from the spot where we were standing there's factories releasing industrial waste into the river and pipes releasing sewage!

Interestingly the fisherman said that the Sikhs don't let people catch fish from the river and that they tell you off if your fishing. I thought Deccani Sikhs ate meat... 

Why don't naamdharis they drink tea? 

People in India just don't care about the environment or cleanliness. When I went Hazur Sahib the first time, we were in some city and a lady came out of her house, emptied her bin on the streets and around 5 or 6 pigs came sprinting to the heap she emptied, and she just walked back into her house again!    Punjab doesn't have pigs. The pigs in Nanded are like Hippos!  they scared the crap out of me  lmao!    

The cleanest place I've seen in India is Himachal Pradesh. Very natural, beautiful and clean. No rubbish on the sides of the roads. People look very healthy as well. 

1 hour ago, puzzled said:

People in India just don't care about the environment or cleanliness. When I went Hazur Sahib the first time, we were in some city and a lady came out of her house, emptied her bin on the streets and around 5 or 6 pigs came sprinting to the heap she emptied, and she just walked back into her house again!    Punjab doesn't have pigs. The pigs in Nanded are like Hippos!  they scared the crap out of me  lmao!    

The cleanest place I've seen in India is Himachal Pradesh. Very natural, beautiful and clean. No rubbish on the sides of the roads. People look very healthy as well. 

himachal also apparently has the least corruption I think