• 3 weeks later...

AJ  DA HUKAMNAMA SRI DARBAR SAHIB SRI AMRITSAR, 
ANG 696, 
08-Dec.-2017

ਜੈਤਸਰੀ ਮਹਲਾ ੪ ਘਰੁ ੧ ਚਉਪਦੇ   
ੴ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ ॥ 
ਮੇਰੈ ਹੀਅਰੈ ਰਤਨੁ ਨਾਮੁ ਹਰਿ ਬਸਿਆ ਗੁਰਿ ਹਾਥੁ ਧਰਿਓ ਮੇਰੈ ਮਾਥਾ ॥ ਜਨਮ ਜਨਮ ਕੇ ਕਿਲਬਿਖ ਦੁਖ ਉਤਰੇ ਗੁਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਦੀਓ ਰਿਨੁ ਲਾਥਾ ॥੧॥  ਮੇਰੇ ਮਨ ਭਜੁ ਰਾਮ ਨਾਮੁ ਸਭਿ ਅਰਥਾ ॥   ਗੁਰਿ ਪੂਰੈ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਦ੍ਰਿੜਾਇਆ ਬਿਨੁ ਨਾਵੈ ਜੀਵਨੁ ਬਿਰਥਾ ॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥  ਬਿਨੁ ਗੁਰ ਮੂੜ ਭਏ ਹੈ ਮਨਮੁਖ ਤੇ ਮੋਹ ਮਾਇਆ ਨਿਤ ਫਾਥਾ ॥ ਤਿਨ ਸਾਧੂ ਚਰਣ ਨ ਸੇਵੇ ਕਬਹੂ ਤਿਨ ਸਭੁ ਜਨਮੁ ਅਕਾਥਾ ॥੨॥  

जैतसरी महला ४ घरु १ चउपदे   ੴ सतिगुर प्रसादि ॥  मेरै हीअरै रतनु नामु हरि बसिआ गुरि हाथु धरिओ मेरै माथा ॥   जनम जनम के किलबिख दुख उतरे गुरि नामु दीओ रिनु लाथा ॥१॥  मेरे मन भजु राम नामु सभि अरथा ॥   गुरि पूरै हरि नामु द्रिड़ाइआ बिनु नावै जीवनु बिरथा ॥ रहाउ ॥  बिनु गुर मूड़ भए है मनमुख ते मोह माइआ नित फाथा ॥   तिन साधू चरण न सेवे कबहू तिन सभु जनमु अकाथा ॥२॥  

Jaitsree, Fourth Mehl, First House, Chau-Padas:  

One Universal Creator God.

By The Grace Of The True Guru:  The Jewel of the Lord's Name abides within my heart;  the Guru has placed His hand on my forehead.  

The sins and pains of countless incarnations have been cast out.

The Guru has blessed me with the Naam, the Name of the Lord, and my debt has been paid off. ||1||

O my mind, vibrate the Lord's Name, and all your affairs shall be resolved.  

The Perfect Guru has implanted the Lord's Name within me; without the Name, life is useless. ||Pause||  

Without the Guru, the self-willed manmukhs are foolish and ignorant; they are forever entangled in emotional attachment to Maya.  

They never serve the feet of the Holy; their lives are totally useless. ||2||

ਹੀਅਰੈ = ਹਿਰਦੇ ਵਿਚ। ਗੁਰਿ = ਗੁਰੂ ਨੇ। ਮੇਰੈ ਮਾਥਾ = ਮੇਰੈ ਮਾਥੈ, ਮੇਰੇ ਮੱਥੇ ਉੱਤੇ। ਕਿਲਬਿਖ = ਪਾਪ। ਰਿਨੁ = ਕਰਜ਼ਾ, ਵਿਕਾਰਾਂ ਦਾ ਭਾਰ।੧। ਮਨ = ਹੇ ਮਨ! ਸਭਿ = ਸਾਰੇ। ਅਰਥਾ = ਪਦਾਰਥ। ਦ੍ਰਿੜਾਇਆ = ਪੱਕਾ ਕਰ ਦਿੱਤਾ। ਬਿਰਥਾ = ਵਿਅਰਥ।ਰਹਾਉ। ਮੂੜ = ਮੂਰਖ। ਮਨਮੁਖ = ਆਪਣੇ ਮਨ ਦੇ ਪਿੱਛੇ ਤੁਰਨ ਵਾਲੇ। ਤੇ = ਉਹ {ਬਹੁ-ਵਚਨ}। ਸਾਧੂ = ਗੁਰੂ। ਅਕਥਾ = ਨਿਸਫਲ, ਅਕਾਰਥ।੨।

ਰਾਗ ਜੈਤਸਰੀ, ਘਰ ੧ ਵਿੱਚ ਗੁਰੂ ਰਾਮਦਾਸ ਜੀ ਦੀ ਚਾਰ-ਬੰਦਾਂ ਵਾਲੀ ਬਾਣੀ। ਅਕਾਲ ਪੁਰਖ ਇੱਕ ਹੈ ਅਤੇ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੂ ਦੀ ਕਿਰਪਾ ਨਾਲ ਮਿਲਦਾ ਹੈ। (ਹੇ ਭਾਈ! ਜਦੋਂ) ਗੁਰੂ ਨੇ ਮੇਰੇ ਸਿਰ ਉੱਤੇ ਆਪਣਾ ਹੱਥ ਰੱਖਿਆ, ਤਾਂ ਮੇਰੇ ਹਿਰਦੇ ਵਿਚ ਪਰਮਾਤਮਾ ਦਾ ਰਤਨ (ਵਰਗਾ ਕੀਮਤੀ) ਨਾਮ ਆ ਵੱਸਿਆ। (ਹੇ ਭਾਈ! ਜਿਸ ਭੀ ਮਨੁੱਖ ਨੂੰ) ਗੁਰੂ ਨੇ ਪਰਮਾਤਮਾ ਦਾ ਨਾਮ ਦਿੱਤਾ, ਉਸ ਦੇ ਅਨੇਕਾਂ ਜਨਮਾਂ ਦੇ ਪਾਪ ਦੁੱਖ ਦੂਰ ਹੋ ਗਏ, (ਉਸ ਦੇ ਸਿਰੋਂ ਪਾਪਾਂ ਦਾ) ਕਰਜ਼ਾ ਉਤਰ ਗਿਆ।੧। ਹੇ ਮੇਰੇ ਮਨ! (ਸਦਾ) ਪਰਮਾਤਮਾ ਦਾ ਨਾਮ ਸਿਮਰਿਆ ਕਰ, (ਪਰਮਾਤਮਾ) ਸਾਰੇ ਪਦਾਰਥ (ਦੇਣ ਵਾਲਾ ਹੈ)। (ਹੇ ਮਨ! ਗੁਰੂ ਦੀ ਸਰਨ ਪਿਆ ਰਹੁ) ਪੂਰੇ ਗੁਰੂ ਨੇ (ਹੀ) ਪਰਮਾਤਮਾ ਦਾ ਨਾਮ (ਹਿਰਦੇ ਵਿਚ) ਪੱਕਾ ਕੀਤਾ ਹੈ। ਤੇ, ਨਾਮ ਤੋਂ ਬਿਨਾ ਮਨੁੱਖਾ ਜ਼ਿੰਦਗੀ ਵਿਅਰਥ ਚਲੀ ਜਾਂਦੀ ਹੈ।ਰਹਾਉ। ਹੇ ਭਾਈ! ਜੇਹੜੇ ਮਨੁੱਖ ਆਪਣੇ ਮਨ ਦੇ ਪਿੱਛੇ ਤੁਰਦੇ ਹਨ ਉਹ ਗੁਰੂ (ਦੀ ਸਰਨ) ਤੋਂ ਬਿਨਾ ਮੂਰਖ ਹੋਏ ਰਹਿੰਦੇ ਹਨ, ਉਹ ਸਦਾ ਮਾਇਆ ਦੇ ਮੋਹ ਵਿਚ ਫਸੇ ਰਹਿੰਦੇ ਹਨ। ਉਹਨਾਂ ਨੇ ਕਦੇ ਭੀ ਗੁਰੂ ਦਾ ਆਸਰਾ ਨਹੀਂ ਲਿਆ, ਉਹਨਾਂ ਦਾ ਸਾਰਾ ਜੀਵਨ ਵਿਅਰਥ ਚਲਾ ਜਾਂਦਾ ਹੈ।੨।

राग जैतसरी, घर १ में गुरु रामदास जी की चार-बन्दों वाली बाणी। अकाल पुरख एक है और सतगुरु की कृपा द्वारा मिलता है। (हे भाई ! जब) गुरु ने मेरे सिर ऊपर अपना हाथ रखा, तो मेरे हृदय में परमात्मा का रतन (जैसा कीमती) नाम आ बसा। (हे भाई ! जिस भी मनुख को) गुरु ने परमात्मा का नाम दिया, उस के अनकों जन्मों के पाप दुःख दूर हो गए, (उस के सिर से पापों का कर्ज) उतर गया।१। हे मेरे मन! (सदा) परमात्मा का नाम सुमिरन कर, (परमात्मा) सारे पदार्थ (देने वाला है)। (हे मन ! गुरु की शरण में ही रह) पूरे गुरु ने (ही) परमात्मा का नाम (ह्रदय में) पक्का किया है। और, नाम के बिना मनुख जीवन व्यर्थ चला जाता है।रहाउ। हे भाई! जो मनुख अपने मन के पीछे चलते है वह गुरु ( की शरण) के बिना मूर्ख हुए रहते हैं, वह सदा माया के मोह में फसे रहते है। उन्होंने कभी भी गुरु का सहारा नहीं लिया, उनका सारा जीवन व्यर्थ चला जाता है।२।

( Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh )
ਗੱਜ-ਵੱਜ ਕੇ ਫਤਹਿ ਬੁਲਾਓ ਜੀ !
ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕਾ ਖਾਲਸਾ !!
ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕੀ ਫਤਹਿ !!

The Soul's Nature

We souls are complete beings by ourselves, and don’t require the bodies we now inhabit. We have our own spiritual senses, mind, and intelligence.

Our identities are unique, eternal, and unchanging, and can never be lost by merging with some homogeneous any other spiritual entity, apart from Wahiguru of course..

As spiritual beings, we are by constitution, eternally happy and full of knowledge.

Sadness, ignorance, and death are unnatural for us, and that’s why we struggle against those things in this world.

While God is infinite, we souls are small and are subordinate to Him. We exist to serve Him in love.

Our intrinsic nature—our dharma—is to serve. That quality cannot be separated from us, just as heat cannot be separated from fire, and sweetness cannot be separated from sugar.

We will find full satisfaction only in re-discovering our unique service to God.

We have free will and some independence. We can choose to love and serve Wahiguru Akal Purukh, or we can choose not to, and can try to enjoy separately from Him in the material world, through man, maya and senses, thus perpetuate our stay in the mayavee creation in the endless cycles of births and deaths .

While in the material world, we can choose to take up spiritual practices that will re-awaken our love for Him, and channelize it through His bhakti.

For just saying Wahiguru I love you or I believe in you, we can never ever merge  and become one with Him.

Our thoughts, our intentions have to be materialized through His bhakti, in order to achieve total purity, and thus  become worthy ,through His kirpa, His bakshish, to return back to our true Home Sach Khand, the realm of  eternal ultimate Truth, bliss and wisdom.

Sat Sree Akal.

• 4 weeks later...

The path to Mukti as per Gurbani.

ਜਿਨਿ ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਨ ਚੇਤਿਓ ਸੁ ਅਉਗੁਣਿ ਆਵੈ ਜਾਇ

Jin Har Har Naam Na Chaethiou

Seh Aougun

Aavai Jaae ||

Those who have not contemplated the Name of the Lord, Har, Har,

are unworthy;

they come and go in reincarnation.

Sree Guru Nanak Dev Maharaj.

• 3 weeks later...

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh.

I downloaded the app suggested above, and it offers downloads outside of Guru Granth Sahib. So I researched the Varan Bhai Gurdas Ji and it seems quite valuable and the Shri Dasam Granth Sahib. Both seem to be entirely legitimate of course and invaluable. 

I read in another post there is  Nihang Nitnem as well. 

My question is, if the Guru Granth Sahib is the 11th Guru, where does the realm of authentic Nitnem stop?

Also, these Nitnem, albeit authentic, differ how in terms of authority from the Guru Granth Sahib?

Edit: The app is great by the way and, as stated above, has the transliteration, which is invaluable to a non gurmukhi speaker trying to learn, like myself. 

5 hours ago, harsharan000 said:

If this is right thn why it’s written in Guru Granth Sahib ji about reincarnation, jam doots, chitar gupt. I believe that we do take birth again and again.. I’ve came across so many times about doots and reincarnation from Guru Granth Sahib ji.