Prayer / Bhajan Bandagee

In prayers we usually put our worldly desires, we pray to Wahiguru when we need Him.

In His bhajan bandagee, we just love him.

In prayers we need Him yo satisfy our worldly ambitions.

But in His Simran, we love Him, we merge into Him. We loose our petty fake identity and merge in Him.

So His Simran, is far superior to any prayers.

And there is another aspect in prayer. When we pray for worldy things, we show Him, that He does not know what we want. We show our lack of confidence in Him, that He does not know what we want, and we know better.

In His bhajan bandagee, we give ourselves to Him, and like to be happy in whatever condition He keeps us in this creation, which on the other side, are our very own karmas, He is in no way to be blamed.

Through His Simran, we are blessed with His love, and it is this love which makes us happy at all times and all places.

No matter how many desires of ours are satisfied, the mind will keep on creating more desires after desires.There will be no end to them.

On the contrary, if we learn to stay in His Hukum, through His bhajan bandagee,He will give us what we need most.

If a son submits to and love his father, the father is always anxious to give to the son, even without asking him. But if he does not love his father and keeps on demanding from him, the father wants to get rid of him, and won´t like to give to him.

So love is more essential.

Bhajan bandagee, His Simran, is nothing, but creating that love, helping our love to become one with Him, and that is the only purpose of His Simran.

Not for any worldly ambitions or desires, but wanting Him above anything, for the sake of wanting to love Him only.

Sat Sree Akal.

Prayer / Bhajan Bandagee

In prayers we usually put our worldly desires, we pray to Wahiguru when we need Him.

In His bhajan bandagee, we just love him.

In prayers we need Him yo satisfy our worldly ambitions.

But in His Simran, we love Him, we merge into Him. We loose our petty fake identity and merge in Him.

So His Simran, is far superior to any prayers.

And there is another aspect in prayer. When we pray for worldy things, we show Him, that He does not know what we want. We show our lack of confidence in Him, that He does not know what we want, and we know better.

In His bhajan bandagee, we give ourselves to Him, and like to be happy in whatever condition He keeps us in this creation, which on the other side, are our very own karmas, He is in no way to be blamed.

Through His Simran, we are blessed with His love, and it is this love which makes us happy at all times and all places.

No matter how many desires of ours are satisfied, the mind will keep on creating more desires after desires.There will be no end to them.

On the contrary, if we learn to stay in His Hukum, through His bhajan bandagee,He will give us what we need most.

If a son submits to and love his father, the father is always anxious to give to the son, even without asking him. But if he does not love his father and keeps on demanding from him, the father wants to get rid of him, and won´t like to give to him.

So love is more essential.

Bhajan bandagee, His Simran, is nothing, but creating that love, helping our love to become one with Him, and that is the only purpose of His Simran.

Not for any worldly ambitions or desires, but wanting Him above anything, for the sake of wanting to love Him only.

Sat Sree Akal.

Anyone see the dangers of writing like the above poster or maybe he copied and pasted it from someone else? Whatever the case, this kind of writing increases hankar (ego). It would be different if a person was trying to explain a concept from Gurbani after studying Gurbani on the topic extensively. But the above is not the case. The writer makes the easiest mistake. The writer says:

Japji Sahib does not agree with this statement at all. Japji Sahib says Vaheguru gives without asking. Vaheguru not liking to give!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????????? Gursikh is a person who has the mind attuned to Gurbani. Gursikhs leave the mind's desire to feel spiritually uplifted and show others how much they think they know on spirituality behind and attach themselves to the Shabad Guru. A Sikh learns from the Guru and does not boost over what the mind thinks is spiritual. The Guru defines spirituality not the mind of an average person.

Guru Sahib does not tell us to stop from asking. Bhagat Dhanna Jatt ji asked for worldly items in Gurbani to use them as tools and not be the end all goal for the items. The idea is to ask for items, but know the focus of life is to follow the Guru's teachings. If I ask for millions of dollars today that does not make me a manmukh. My intention behind the millions of dollars can make it fruitful or a hindrance to achieve Vaheguru. Asking for a son is not a sin or wrong. We, Sikhs have been corrupted by the spiritually unwise and their shortsightedness has lead much of the Sikh population astray. They have become rigid and deal in good and bad, much like the simritees and shastras. They use Gurbani as a fault finding book in those who they don't like because a certain person doesn't prescribe to their professor's beliefs.

Focus on Gurbani and leave the mind behind.

We have been taught how and what to ask in this shabad

God will never deny anything to anyone. We are what we are because of what we have asked from the Lord. A worldly father will however deny his son something. In this case Harsharan bhaji is referring to a worldly father and not God.

I remember this sakhi where a certain sant questioned about the truth behind God giving everyone what they need without looking and judging their devotion to him.

Akirtgana nu paldha.... He even gives sinners what they ask for without thinking about their many sins. (For that is what we all are... we are so deeply steeped in maya. the only person who is free from maya is the one who has swaas swaas simran like all the guruji's. What else would give Sri Guru Arjan Dev Ji the strength to sit for 5 days on the tati tavi and recite tera kiya meeta laage)

Back to the sakhi... God decided to let this particular Sant Ji give to everyone the next day. Sant Ji gave to everyone and left out one person. God asked him why he left out that one person. He gave a reason of like that person had not said his prayers or something. God rebuked him.

This shows that we all cannot reach the level of equality with which God our true father sees the whole world. He will give to everyone. He does not forget anyone because he is pura. Satgur mera pura. Any other type of father will fall short of matching up to the fatherly love which only God can give.

Even the Christians believe in this concept. If you become the son of the father, then what the father has will become yours. You need to serve the father with unconditional love. Serve the father for what he is ..... YOUR TRUE FATHER,

From what I understand, Harsharan paji is talking about those spoilt sons, who keep demanding materialistic things without having any respect or love for their fathers. Is that right Harsharan ji?

Yes Simran Pen Jee,

you are right what you have understood.

But the guy above, just to call him something, is a lost case, he has some holes in his head, that is why he does not understand, or maybe he just does not want, which is worse.

The holes in his head are due to: ahankar, fakeness, envy, so naturally anything poured into it, gets leaked out, and thus he remains as evil as his original nature.

He gives big lectures like politicians, much noise, but no truth in it, only falsehood. So better he stays with his mouth shut, because every time he looks for confrontation, he only utters nonsense, just as in the recent past, before his real form was confirmed by a guest, then he kept quite for some weeks, but it seems nobody remembers his misbehavior, so he is slowly coming back, and trying to repeat his same evilness.

It seems, he opens his mouth in the morning to brush, then instead to keep it closed, he just keeps it open and uttering nonsense... throughout the day, until going to bed.

Well, the more he talks and raises his voice with his nonsense, the more he exposes his " I Q ", anyhow enough of him.

Going back to you Simran pen Jee, you see, the topic of this thread is on Bhakti.

But bhakti of whom?

Of the only one Supreme Being Wahiguru Akal Purukh.

Of course we are all beggars at His door, and it is that we all can at most do, but the thing is, what to ask fom Him.

Of course, there is no doubt on Him being the most bountiful, but it all depends much on what we ask. You see, before we are even born, our destiny is written precisely up to the last detail we can ever imagine even, nothing is left just like that, and thus each and everyone of us gets, what is written on our forehead in terms of destiny....

The Bani says: Aapay beejeh aapay khae. At other instance the Bani says: Karmi avey kapra, nadir mokh dwaar. Many of us, take Him as the genie of Aladino´s lamps; or as some best magician, who waves his magic stick and does favors ... You see, if it was all that easy, why at all the law of karma then? What sense does it make?

He Wahiguru, is not corrupted like our corrupted politicians, who make adjustments as per their wishes, and thus jump over those very laws.

He is Dayalu, full of mercy, of bakshish, He can not withstand our pain and distress, and He can not go against His very Hukum, but for sure, He can bless us with inner strength and forbearance to face any situation, but that also, if we give ourselves to Him, and submit to His bhaana.

No single breath less we get, not one more. No single penny more or less we get.

So, if everything is written, is it wise to ask for anything else?

That also, for fanah cheezah ...which definetley Wahiguru through His laws, will surely fulfill, but for that, we will have to take another birth...thus remain chained in the wheel of 84, and again having lost the opportunity of this present human birth for merging in Him.

So according to Gurmat/Gurbani, Guru Sahibans always advise us to ask for Wahiguru from Wahiguru. Having Shenshah Sachay Patshah Wahiguru with us, what else will we ever need, or of what will we ever run short of?

Of course of nothing, our desires are our main problem, and these desires will keep on arising like waves in us, as long as we do not have Him, no matter how hard we may try.

Gurmat, wisely teaches us to remain in His bhaana or Hukum, because, then we may face any adversity due to our karmas, but remaining in His Bhaana, we will get the sufficient strength as His bakshish to face that situation gracefully.

Fifth Patshahee is an clear living example for us, for while being the swaroop of Wahiguru, and having all that omnipotence, when He was tortured, He did not use anything to favor Himself, rather, He said: Tera bhaana meetha lagey.

But most of us are so petty minded, that while having the Bani clear in front of us, we are so dumb and shortsighted, we fail to see the depth and the truth in it; and for that, the fault is only ours.

Once agian Panchvee Patshahee in His Bani of Raag Maroo, gives us the right direction as per what to ask from our Father Wahiguru:

maagnaa maagan neekaa har jas gur tay maagnaa.

Begging, begging - it is noble to beg for the Lord's Praise from the Guru.

He says: beg for the Lord´s praises, for that is what will take you to His Darbar.

So we may ask, what is the begging for His praises?

It is to beg for His glance of Daya Meher on us sinners, so that we may be able to do the Simran of His paviter Naam, of which the corrupted and polluted minds and hearts like ours, can never ever think of by ourselves.

It is a pity, that some jealousy and ahankaree fools, prefer to put their empty points of view in the front, rather to listen His aparampaar mahima ...

But that again is their problem, the rain falls the same for all, the stupid keep their buckets upside down, so naturally no water will enter into it, thus they die thirsty.

Sat Sree Akal.

Kar Kirpaa DhooR Dayho Santan Kee

ਗਉੜੀ ਮਹਲਾ ੫ ॥

गउड़ी महला ५ ॥

Ga▫oṛī mėhlā 5.

Gauri 5th Guru.

ਮਿਲਹੁ ਪਿਆਰੇ ਜੀਆ ॥

मिलहु पिआरे जीआ ॥

Milhu pi▫āre jī▫ā.

Meet me thou O my hearty Beloved.

ਪ੍ਰਭ ਕੀਆ ਤੁਮਾਰਾ ਥੀਆ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥

प्रभ कीआ तुमारा थीआ ॥१॥ रहाउ ॥

Parabẖ kī▫ā ṯumārā thī▫ā. ||1|| rahā▫o.

Whatever Thou dost, O Lord that happens. Pause

ਅਨਿਕ ਜਨਮ ਬਹੁ ਜੋਨੀ ਭ੍ਰਮਿਆ ਬਹੁਰਿ ਬਹੁਰਿ ਦੁਖੁ ਪਾਇਆ ॥

अनिक जनम बहु जोनी भ्रमिआ बहुरि बहुरि दुखु पाइआ ॥

Anik janam baho jonī bẖarmi▫ā bahur bahur ḏukẖ pā▫i▫ā.

Wandering through many existences in several birth I suffered torture again and again.

ਤੁਮਰੀ ਕ੍ਰਿਪਾ ਤੇ ਮਾਨੁਖ ਦੇਹ ਪਾਈ ਹੈ ਦੇਹੁ ਦਰਸੁ ਹਰਿ ਰਾਇਆ ॥੧॥

तुमरी क्रिपा ते मानुख देह पाई है देहु दरसु हरि राइआ ॥१॥

Ŧumrī kirpā ṯe mānukẖ ḏeh pā▫ī hai ḏeh ḏaras har rā▫i▫ā. ||1||

By Thy grace, I have obtained the human body. Now grant me Thine view, O my God the King.

ਸੋਈ ਹੋਆ ਜੋ ਤਿਸੁ ਭਾਣਾ ਅਵਰੁ ਨ ਕਿਨ ਹੀ ਕੀਤਾ ॥

सोई होआ जो तिसु भाणा अवरु न किन ही कीता ॥

So▫ī ho▫ā jo ṯis bẖāṇā avar na kin hī kīṯā.

Whatever did please Him, that has come to pass, none wise can do anything.

ਤੁਮਰੈ ਭਾਣੈ ਭਰਮਿ ਮੋਹਿ ਮੋਹਿਆ ਜਾਗਤੁ ਨਾਹੀ ਸੂਤਾ ॥੨॥

तुमरै भाणै भरमि मोहि मोहिआ जागतु नाही सूता ॥२॥

Ŧumrai bẖāṇai bẖaram mohi mohi▫ā jāgaṯ nāhī sūṯā. ||2||

In thy will lured by the illusion of worldly attachment the mortal is asleep and awakens not.

ਬਿਨਉ ਸੁਨਹੁ ਤੁਮ ਪ੍ਰਾਨਪਤਿ ਪਿਆਰੇ ਕਿਰਪਾ ਨਿਧਿ ਦਇਆਲਾ ॥

बिनउ सुनहु तुम प्रानपति पिआरे किरपा निधि दइआला ॥

Bin▫o sunhu ṯum parānpaṯ pi▫āre kirpā niḏẖ ḏa▫i▫ālā.

O Thou the beneficent Lord of life my Beloved the ocean of Mercy hear my supplication.

ਰਾਖਿ ਲੇਹੁ ਪਿਤਾ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਮੇਰੇ ਅਨਾਥਹ ਕਰਿ ਪ੍ਰਤਿਪਾਲਾ ॥੩॥

राखि लेहु पिता प्रभ मेरे अनाथह करि प्रतिपाला ॥३॥

Rākẖ leho piṯā parabẖ mere anāthah kar parṯipālā. ||3||

Save me O my father, my Lord and cherish Thou me an orphan.

ਜਿਸ ਨੋ ਤੁਮਹਿ ਦਿਖਾਇਓ ਦਰਸਨੁ ਸਾਧਸੰਗਤਿ ਕੈ ਪਾਛੈ ॥

जिस नो तुमहि दिखाइओ दरसनु साधसंगति कै पाछै ॥

Jis no ṯumėh ḏikẖā▫i▫o ḏarsan sāḏẖsangaṯ kai pācẖẖai.

Whom Thou O Lord, showest Thine sight for the sake of the Saints congregation,

ਕਰਿ ਕਿਰਪਾ ਧੂਰਿ ਦੇਹੁ ਸੰਤਨ ਕੀ ਸੁਖੁ ਨਾਨਕੁ ਇਹੁ ਬਾਛੈ ॥੪॥੯॥੧੩੦॥

करि किरपा धूरि देहु संतन की सुखु नानकु इहु बाछै ॥४॥९॥१३०॥

Kar kirpā ḏẖūr ḏeh sanṯan kī sukẖ Nānak ih bācẖẖai. ||4||9||130||

Him Thou mercifully grantest the dust of Saints feet as well. This is the solace that Nanak craves for.

SGGS Ang 207

Dhan Guru Arjan Dev ji

Waheguru forgive me of my sins.

Thank You Simran Jee,

the video is just blisfull, one feels one is at His feet, our beloved Wahiguru.

Posts like this of yours above, enriches the atmosphere of bhakti as this was my intention with the contribution of all the sangat on this thread, to feel His presence, with this type of uplifiting posts.

Stupids fail to recognize His Beant wadeeayee , thus bring in, me, mine, you, yours, they, and all else together..... and thus ever remain ignorant.

When the fact is, only He Wahiguru is important, and Him only is what matters. All our attention and focus should be on Him, if we see anything else, that means, we are paying attention to the maya, the mother of ignorance.

Thank you once again.

Sat Sree Akal.