Sikh Events

Big_Tera

SSA

I am currently an organiser for Sikh events. My job role is organise events for Sikhs and also non Sikhs. This inlcudes trips to Sikh temples or museums. It is diffiuclt however to think of activities that will appeal to Sikh youth and also non sikhs.

At the moment I am thinking about a trip to Southall Temple. Can anyone reccomend the best times to visit? ie weekends and what times? . Aslo if anyone has any suggestions for Sikh related activities or events I could organise?

At the moment I am thinking about a trip to Southall Temple. Can anyone reccomend the best times to visit? ie weekends and what times? . Aslo if anyone has any suggestions for Sikh related activities or events I could organise?

About 20 Gurdwaras in Southall mate. Which one ?

If its the £20 million Havelock road one, make the most of it because the Afghan Sikhs have nearly completed their even better one which is directly in front of it and will soon obstruct the view.

There is no such thing as a 'better' Gurdwara, all Gurdwaras are the same. The temple can be a small building or a huge expensive structure. What matters is that it is the house of our SGGS , to say one is better then the other is wrong. every Sikh temple is the best no matter how small or big.

And yes i am refering to the one on havelock road.

There is no such thing as a 'better' Gurdwara, all Gurdwaras are the same. The temple can be a small building or a huge expensive structure. What matters is that it is the house of our SGGS , to say one is better then the other is wrong. every Sikh temple is the best no matter how small or big.

And yes i am refering to the one on havelock road.

You don't appear to understand irony Big Tera. My point, albeit a bit too subtle for you, was that a perfectly large Gurdwara stood in a place and that Gurdwara was already more than large enough to cater for thousands of people. A group of Sikhs from Afganistan arrive. They all belong to one particular group (Arora). They don't like the idea of sharing their presence with other Sikhs such as Jatts, Bhatras, Ramgharias etc, so they decide, for no good reason, because there's absolutely no better use for such money anywhere in the world, i.e no starving children or anything, they decide to spend another £20 million or whatever on an equally large Gurdawara right in front of the extremely large Gurdwara that already stands.

Now that I've spelt it out for you, surely you can now spot the ironic nature of my first message ?