All Talk But No Show

Guest Keep it real

I think you misunderstood me. We all behave differently to certain degrees when we're outside in the world compared to the privacy of our homes. That's just things to do with comfort levels and familiarity, etc.

My argument was in a religious context, I.E. a so-called spiritual figure preaching about honesty and integrity when in public, but when away from the gaze of the sangat he's performing dodgy business deals or hurting people in various ways. That isn't a soul being weak; that's being mindfully and willfully deceptive. That's what I was referring to.

Oh ok ji, I thought u meant people in general. Understood now.

Look at basics of sikhi, jugraj singh in every video telling gore about a tingly feeling on the top of his head seems to me hes tryna win over the crowd.

He is influenced by 3HO teaching on kundalini yoga and attributes it to Sikhi. Its like the earlier people in this world known as hindus who worship the ling of shiva. They felt an out of body experience having intercourse and they made mandirs depicting sex. Till this day they worship the tingling feeling on top of the head.

For years ihave just been hearing storys of sikhs claiming this and that etc.. saying this happens that happens when you do simran.. we are this we are that...but theres nothing to show for anything we do?.. we say things like we are warriors blah blah are we really a warrior race? I agree we were but are we now?... are we anything we claim to gore etc?.. "oh i felt this tingling feeling in my head" and we tell gore this is what happens when you're in bliss and dasam dwar this and that... talking about ridhi sidhis amrit ras naam ras and all these other ras's when its nothing but a little head rush or something biological.. its just like the time when i was a kid.. i was doing simran 2-3 in the morning and there was flashes of thunder.. i thought i was going off my boat etc... and many other things like that

Its seems to me people (us sikhs) are just making up things now to make ourselves look good or something???.. and acting like that we know everythung about naam ras and this and that etc when i bet u all havent had any excperiences yes im talking to all of you reading this post... i know for sure if i was spirtually high i wouldnt be on this fourm thats for sure

So whats up with all this fakery with our people ????????? Someonr please enlighten me without being all butthurt about what i said

I like this guy more of him !

Guest Sikh1984

What im trying to say it if a person havsnt experiemced it dont talk about it why cause its like talking outta your arse its all assumptions and in most cases lies. But neally everyone does it, well everyone ive met which is alooot.

Hahahah well said ?

Guest GivingUp

I have to agree with you OP. All my life also I have listened to katha by numerous kathavachaks and everything they said with Gods Grace I followed and still follow. But I have yet to experience anything. I know its about just getting on with life and not exspectng anything but hearing singhs talk about their experiences it makes me feel sad about myself why can't I have something beautiful like that happen to me. I am scared saying these things but I need to get it out of me. I am also starting to believe it is all lies. People are just lying now. Pul chuk maaf

Sat sri akaal

I have to agree with you OP. All my life also I have listened to katha by numerous kathavachaks and everything they said with Gods Grace I followed and still follow. But I have yet to experience anything. I know its about just getting on with life and not exspectng anything but hearing singhs talk about their experiences it makes me feel sad about myself why can't I have something beautiful like that happen to me. I am scared saying these things but I need to get it out of me. I am also starting to believe it is all lies. People are just lying now. Pul chuk maaf

Sat sri akaal

Giving up ji, this is where we go wrong, when we listen to other people and expect the same. We should not expect anything back in return.

There have been topics of people saying they haven't experienced anything. Somebody could do bhagti for years and not have an experience, but that should not alter the faith one has in Waheguru. Just because one does not have any experience from Naam Simran does not mean something beautiful is not happening. It maybe happening elsewhere in ones life, and it maybe something we take for granted that we don't see it as a beautiful experience, no matter how small it may be.

Any Praise of God does not go to waste, God always hears and is watching us.

Think of it like this, when we love somebody, parents, siblings, spouse, friend, do we expect something back from them? If somebody loves us do we think we should give something back? No right? Because if love was about receiving something in return then it would be a selfish act (matlab).

Just praising God is beautiful, what can be more beautiful than that? And why want what others have? The most beautiful experience you already have and that is having the chance to praise Waheguru. There are many many that do not have that chance or are absorbed in other distractions or are begging for that.

There many that have had experiences or maybe only one or two and then don't have again, and they are begging God to have that time again. And there are many that have no experience at all, but God still loves them the same.

ਜਿਉ ਜਿਉ ਤੇਰਾ ਹੁਕਮੁ ਤਿਵੈ ਤਿਉ ਹੋਵਣਾ ॥ जिउ जिउ तेरा हुकमु तिवै तिउ होवणा ॥ Ji▫o ji▫o ṯerā hukam ṯivai ṯi▫o hovṇā.

As, as is Thy command, so, so does it happen.

ਜਹ ਜਹ ਰਖਹਿ ਆਪਿ ਤਹ ਜਾਇ ਖੜੋਵਣਾ ॥ जह जह रखहि आपि तह जाइ खड़ोवणा ॥ Jah jah rakẖėh āp ṯah jā▫e kẖaṛovaṇā.

Wheresoever Thou Thyself keepst me, there I go and stand.

ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੈ ਕੈ ਰੰਗਿ ਦੁਰਮਤਿ ਧੋਵਣਾ ॥ नाम तेरै कै रंगि दुरमति धोवणा ॥ Nām ṯerai kai rang ḏurmaṯ ḏẖovṇā.

With the love of Thy Name, I wash off my evil intellect.

ਜਪਿ ਜਪਿ ਤੁਧੁ ਨਿਰੰਕਾਰ ਭਰਮੁ ਭਉ ਖੋਵਣਾ ॥ जपि जपि तुधु निरंकार भरमु भउ खोवणा ॥ Jap jap ṯuḏẖ nirankār bẖaram bẖa▫o kẖovṇā.

By continuously meditating on Thee, O formless Lord, my doubt and dread are dispelled.

ਜੋ ਤੇਰੈ ਰੰਗਿ ਰਤੇ ਸੇ ਜੋਨਿ ਨ ਜੋਵਣਾ ॥ जो तेरै रंगि रते से जोनि न जोवणा ॥ Jo ṯerai rang raṯe se jon na jovṇā.

They, who are imbued with Thine affection are not yoked to existences.

ਅੰਤਰਿ ਬਾਹਰਿ ਇਕੁ ਨੈਣ ਅਲੋਵਣਾ ॥ अंतरि बाहरि इकु नैण अलोवणा ॥ Anṯar bāhar ik naiṇ alovaṇā.

Within and without, they see the one Lord with their eyes.

ਜਿਨ੍ਹ੍ਹੀ ਪਛਾਤਾ ਹੁਕਮੁ ਤਿਨ੍ਹ੍ਹ ਕਦੇ ਨ ਰੋਵਣਾ ॥ जिन्ही पछाता हुकमु तिन्ह कदे न रोवणा ॥ Jinĥī pacẖẖāṯā hukam ṯinĥ kaḏe na rovṇā.

They, who recognise Lord's will, weep not ever.

ਨਾਉ ਨਾਨਕ ਬਖਸੀਸ ਮਨ ਮਾਹਿ ਪਰੋਵਣਾ ॥੧੮॥ नाउ नानक बखसीस मन माहि परोवणा ॥१८॥ Nā▫o Nānak bakẖsīs man māhi parovaṇā. ||18||

Nanak, they attain the Name's gift, which they string into their mind.

SGGS Ang 523 Guru Arjan Dev ji

http://youtu.be/zSASouF4jyg

I also think why don't I have what so and so has? If you reflect upon karm, then you will understand it better as to why some things we get and some we don't.

But one other way to see it is, Waheguru has given me a beautiful experience of listening to those that have the experiences. Everything happens in Their will, God also gives you that experience of hearing about others in their hukam.

When you say you hear katha vachaks and with Gods Grace, here you should think the beautiful experience is also in hearing them in itself with Gods grace. Aswell as no experience is with Gods grace, hukam.

I feel the beautiful experience is not experiences we have or ridhi sidhis, but when Waheguru is pleased with the blessed fortunate ones.