How Did Mongolians Build Such A Large Empire

sikhstudent99

I would highly doubt that, especially since Baba Buddha at one point claimed he didn't know anything about Shastars yet he was the one who taught Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Hargobind Ji shastars and was made a head general. They clearly most likely would know Shastars, (even Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji knew Shastars); however, not everyone needed to use Shastars.

Yes.

For the mongols, I would say that one of the big factors was the breed of horses they used. I do not have the particulars of the breed of horses, but these were fairly small horses that the mongols were able to steer with their thighs. This allowed them to shoot arrows without the extra work of steering with their hands. I believe the breed of horse was over-utilized and is now extinct. The mongols were also fairly organized and had an effective chain of command. The Mongols were also a purely mounted army giving them the ability to traverse long distances.

Now before we begin comparing the Sikh Kingdom with the Mongols, we have to understand that the two were in very different situations. The Mongols come from the Steppes. A fairly unpopulated region. Ghenghis Khan consolidated his power before before the expansion began. Sardar Ranjit Singh did not have the same luxury. He was unable to consolidate all the Punjab States because of the immediate presence of the British who the Malwa States had approached for protection.States like Patiala. (the boyz that invented our modern day pagh) There really wasnt much that Ranjit Singh could do. Everything East was blocked and the only option was going West. (conquering Aghanistan) Ranjit Singh died at a fairly early age as well. The Sikh State was created in a heavily populated part of the world with very powerful neighboring States interfering. The Mongols' biggest threat would be polar bear invasion from the north.

A devil's advocate moment, but does anyone think religion could possibly be a hindrance when attempting to conquer and rule, as opposed to being an actual help? Or doesn't it matter? The Roman's didn't place their divinity front and centre when conquering yet still managed to do okay, whilst the Mughals (particularly latter emperors) appeared to conquer solely for the propagation of Islam. Either way, both empires eventually fell so I guess it's a moot point.

Sorry, you're right. I should have said conquered instead of defeated (they've definitely been defeated in battles that took place on their home turf). but even then it isn't really true. The difficulty lies in that 'Afghanistan', and by extension, Afghans, didn't exist as a single nation or a single people until quite late in history. It was a historical backwater, just a no-man's land straddling the vacuum between two ancient civilizations. Successive waves of invaders and imperialists did construct outposts in parts of what is now Afghanistan and used it as a thoroughfare to access richer parts of the world, but none of them ever really managed to consolidate the entire region all at once. This is why you wont find any shrines to the Vedic Gods in the north and far west, even though there are quite a few in the southern lands that border the Hindu Kush. When Afghanistan finally scrambled to its feet and assumed the mantle of nationhood however, they never submitted to foreign domination ever again - even when somebody assumed nominal control the Afghans never gave up fighting them, unlike most of the conquered peoples throughout history ( including our own people).

Lol, I wouldn't say I'm smarter than you, my frilly way of speaking just tricks people into thinking that.

The fact is no foreign force suceeded in holding for long land with difficult & different terrains - European Forces conquered Moscow but couldnot hold it , Gn Zorawar Singh conquered tibet but couldnot hold , Same way Afghans were conquered but no foreign army could hold for long , even in modern days with all hitech gadgets . That is fact and should be accepted

Guest Jacfsing2

A devil's advocate moment, but does anyone think religion could possibly be a hindrance when attempting to conquer and rule, as opposed to being an actual help? Or doesn't it matter? The Roman's didn't place their divinity front and centre when conquering yet still managed to do okay, whilst the Mughals (particularly latter emperors) appeared to conquer solely for the propagation of Islam. Either way, both empires eventually fell so I guess it's a moot point.

The Mughals fell because they were go egotistical that they decided to declare war on the real Allah(Vaheguru) who had revealed himself in the form of Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji to Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, if they hadn't taken a step like that they would still be in power in India today and they'd all be Muslims. All the other rebellions were dying except for the Khalsa who had resorted to living to jungles to fight the righteous war. After the Kashmiri Pundits would have left Hinduism (because in this situation there would no Hind Di Chadar Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Tegh Bahadur Ji) the rest of Hinduism would soon follow. The Romans can't be compared in the same way because they converted to the group the persecuted, (Christians).

That not technically true, Romans did use their religious iconography in some of their battle standards. So they weren't totally averse to mixing their religious beliefs from their military setup (e.g. one of their eagle standards represented the god Jupiter), but granted they don't appear to have generally forced their religion down the conquered people's throats.

But then do consider how they had no problem with feeding Christians to the lions when they felt threatened enough by the faith.

For the mongols, I would say that one of the big factors was the breed of horses they used. I do not have the particulars of the breed of horses, but these were fairly small horses that the mongols were able to steer with their thighs. This allowed them to shoot arrows without the extra work of steering with their hands. I believe the breed of horse was over-utilized and is now extinct. The mongols were also fairly organized and had an effective chain of command. The Mongols were also a purely mounted army giving them the ability to traverse long distances.

Now before we begin comparing the Sikh Kingdom with the Mongols, we have to understand that the two were in very different situations. The Mongols come from the Steppes. A fairly unpopulated region. Ghenghis Khan consolidated his power before before the expansion began. Sardar Ranjit Singh did not have the same luxury. He was unable to consolidate all the Punjab States because of the immediate presence of the British who the Malwa States had approached for protection.States like Patiala. (the boyz that invented our modern day pagh) There really wasnt much that Ranjit Singh could do. Everything East was blocked and the only option was going West. (conquering Aghanistan) Ranjit Singh died at a fairly early age as well. The Sikh State was created in a heavily populated part of the world with very powerful neighboring States interfering. The Mongols' biggest threat would be polar bear invasion from the north.

Yep. You could say the same about the early days of Islam. Plenty of desert to hide in, and lots of space between tribes, unlike our lot who were back to back with some of the most powerful (Afghan and Moghul) and devious (English) people around from the earliest days. Very little wiggle room.

No, it is you that is FULL OF RUBBISH. People that have the propensity to show off are the ones that are 'full of rubbish!' Knowledge makes us humble and not God. Stop fooling yourself. YOU ARE NOT GOD. You are too arrogant! So you believe everything you read, just because some Afghan or Mughal has had the opportunity to brainwash you. How ignorant can you get!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am not the one wasting your time. You are the one wasting your own time by responding to my post.

To believe that the Khalsa fauj solely depended on the tactics of dhai phat symbolizes how ignorant you must be.

Let me repeat myself again. The Khalsa fauj did not rely on this tactic only. They were very powerful souls who had done all the groundwork to gain spiritual strength by reciting the Dasam Banies as well as the Banis from the SGGS. They had faith in Waheguru. It is their faith which made them so invincible like spareribs has mentioned in his post. Their faith in the Guru, plus recitations of the Banis and fighting tactics is what made them inexpugnable to the enemy. This requires a lot of self discipline and determination. One has to be resolute in following this path and there are no two ways about it. One has to have unwavering qualities and mindset to pursue this path. It is not easy.

The Khalsa fauj were souls not embodied in 'physical cowards or seriously lazy' bodies but vice versa! They are the ones that teach us what can be achieved if we follow our Guru ji's teachings resolutely. They are our real ROLE MODELS. They teach us that we can achieve anything if we put our minds to it seriously and sincerely!

Sikhism is a path with involves both Miri and Piri. Sant and Sipahi. Those that claim to be sants are not sants unless they have balanced it out with shastara vidya. They have also to be sipahies. And no sipahi can claim to be a Guru ji's sipahi unless he is also a sant!! THIS IS KHALSA. Shastrara vidya is compulsory for everyone who follows the path of the mystics. There are plenty of good examples in old vedic literature where this has been demonstrated. One is not suppose to demonstrate one's riddhies and siddhies. That's the reason, Bhai Bhanda Singh Bahadur had to surrender to the Dasam Patshah to receive the Amrit.

Whenever the Akal Purakh orders his beloveds to appear on mother earth they have to accept a human body. Once they accept the human body, they are completely forbidden by the AP to use any miraculous powers to rescue themselves from hardships or suffering. We have very good example of Sri Guru Arjan Dev ji. They have to live like ordinary human beings and teach us how to cope with hardships and suffering on a human level. They come to this earth to teach us how to rise above our human conditioning. They are our Saviors. They don't display their shakti to get out of trouble. That's not why they are sent. They live their lives just like us, but they are way too above us. We can never reach their heights when it comes to what they are capable of doing. Jesus could have easily destroyed the whole of the Roman Empire to save himself from the Cross, but he didn't. Yet, he is Christ!! They live under the AP's Bana, Hukam and that's what they teach us too. Another example is Sri Ram Chander Ji.

There is NO substitute for FAITH. Although, there is such as theory known as 'mind over matter!' Spiritual paths strengthen our souls, our minds access spiritual (this) strength in the form of wisdom, physical strength, belief in the impossible and much more.

I would hardly refer to the Khalsa and its Father as a 'puppoo' if you don't mind using this term, please!! They are our role models and we can learn so much from them. We can learn to live in Waheguru's Hukam and Bana, to start with!

Paajji, the comments in your post have made me cry. My eyes are full of tears. You really seem to feel the dard, it's amazing!

The puppoos are out in force! lol

Instead of crying like babies let's see if you ever muster up enough balls to personally take a physical risk instead of relying on other people to do it for you, or deluding yourself into thinking some magic power will turn you into superman in a critical situation instead of trying to keep yourselves physically and mentally ready for such an unfortunate possibility. If you don't do this you'll put yourself in danger.

Some of you people need to get out of your Disney-world frame of mind. Seriously.

Guest Jacfsing2

(I'll just end this conversation by saying your an <banned word filter activated> and neither do you know any science nor do you know how to read, [Can't stand the stupid.])

You should realize that your arguing with an <banned word filter activated>, (I agree with you though,).

How come my word is banned? (I didn't say even "c-u-s-s")