How Did Mongolians Build Such A Large Empire

sikhstudent99

Those that claim to be sants are not sants unless they have balanced it out with shastara vidya. They have also to be sipahies.

I was refering to this, but before I go on, did you seriously think I was refering to the use of Miri and Piri, both core concepts of Sikhi, as a Sikh myself, to other Sikhs, on a Sikh forum?

These words that you have written about Sants are what I was refering to. Did Sant Ishar Singh know shastarvidya? Or Baba Nand Singh ? You would claim that these people aren't Sants?

I do not have the particulars of the breed of horses, but these were fairly small horses that the mongols were able to steer with their thighs. This allowed them to shoot arrows without the extra work of steering with their hands. I believe the breed of horse was over-utilized and is now extinct.

Mongolians loved their horses. Horse riding was an essential part of their culture, the training started at an early age. The Mongolian youngsters were taught how to tie, groom, lead, Saddle and bridle the horses very early on.

"The Mongolian wild horse is known in the West as the Prezewalski horse after the Russian naturalist, Nikolai Przewalski, who first sighted several herds in 1879. In Mongolia it is called Takhi and it is purported to be largely unchanged since the time of Genghis Khan (ca. late 12th - early 13th century). The word Takhi means "spirit," a reference to the horse's fierce independence and untameable nature." https://www.fei.org/news/landlocked-yet-plentiful-%E2%80%93-mongolia%E2%80%99s-rich-equestrian-history

Mongolians loved their horses. Horse riding was an essential part of their culture, the training started at an early age. The Mongolian youngsters were taught how to tie, groom, lead, Saddle and bridle the horses very early on.

"The Mongolian wild horse is known in the West as the Prezewalski horse after the Russian naturalist, Nikolai Przewalski, who first sighted several herds in 1879. In Mongolia it is called Takhi and it is purported to be largely unchanged since the time of Genghis Khan (ca. late 12th - early 13th century). The word Takhi means "spirit," a reference to the horse's fierce independence and untameable nature." https://www.fei.org/news/landlocked-yet-plentiful-%E2%80%93-mongolia%E2%80%99s-rich-equestrian-history

As some of you may already know I am a bit of a film buff. Am absolutely in love with celluloid. The one movie I would recommend for all Sikhs because of its profound deeper message is the Kazakh/Mongolian epic blockbuster 'Myn Bala'. It's story resonates so well with us Sikhs. Imagine for one moment Braveheart, but with a much higher budget, much more action, much better acting. The result is Myn Bala. A truly epic movie. Like we Sikhs the 'minority' were persecuted and so had to live in the forests with a price on their head. Like we Sikhs, they used that time to learn the art of warfare and become masters of the horse. They then emerged from the mountains and forests and not only took back their lands but became masters of their nation. The answers that the OP of this thread craves are in that film, even though it is in fact the descendants of the Mongolians who are the villians and the Kazhaks the heroes of the film.

I know the Russian made epic 'Mongol' gets all the acclaim (and rightly so because it is awesome) but guys, take it from me, one who knows his movies. This one stands alongside epic Kurosawa movies such as Ran and Kagemusha. Like I said at the beginning, imagine Braveheart but with a much much bigger budget and much much better acting. The result...is Mynn Bala. One of the greatest action movies ever made and every bit of it resonates with us Sikhs.

Yes, both Sants had backgrounds in Shastravidiya. Sant Isher Singh Ji Maharaj, had a military background to start with. According to his nearest and dearest (sevadaars) Babba ji practiced gatka on regularly basis. Sant Baba Nand Singh Ji Maharaj, often told the sangat something about him being an adept in shastarvidiya in his previous birth.

Soldiery and Gatka are both different from Shastar Vidiya.

Let's talk about these births rather than previous in Baba Nand Singhs' case.

Perhaps we disobeyed the Guru Sahibaan as naughty little children do and, that's why we are born in western countries, so far, far away from our Khalsa Itihaas!!

How many Sikhs are leaving this Khalsa Itihas to come to the west?

How many Sikhs have left the west to be closer to their Khalsa Itihas?

Are you kidding? The way them pendus are going on back home, it's probably a reward to born out here...

No "probably" about it. Definitely.

"The Mongolian wild horse is known in the West as the Prezewalski horse after the Russian naturalist, Nikolai Przewalski, who first sighted several herds in 1879. In Mongolia it is called Takhi and it is purported to be largely unchanged since the time of Genghis Khan (ca. late 12th - early 13th century). The word Takhi means "spirit," a reference to the horse's fierce independence and untameable nature." https://www.fei.org/...estrian-history

Mongols were merciless killers.