Why Is Russia Doing This ? Sending 150,000 Troops To Fight Isis.

shastarSingh

UK must prepare for WAR with Russia

Well, given the UK military's recent track record in Iraq and Afghanistan, they'd better be ready for an a55 whooping.

A tiny a55 country like this is gonna take on Russia....sure

If they'd try it, it would be by hiding behind a bunch of other nations, especially Amreeka.

Face it, these fudhoo's glory days are behind them.

LOL. Why is everyone jumping on the Russia bandwagon? Realize there is no good guy in any of this, Russia, like everyone else, is in it to protect their own interests. Not to be some righteous world police. They all just want their own puppet in power.

And lets not hope for war between any of the big players, we all know that will end in nuclear war.

And DallySingh, these Taliban/Insurgents can't step to Nato forces in a convential war, all they do is plant IEDS, pop a few shots off and run. If Nato forces were given the right to do anything they wanted, Iraq and Afghanistan wouldn't exist anymore.

And DallySingh, these Taliban/Insurgents can't step to Nato forces in a convential war, all they do is plant IEDS, pop a few shots off and run. If Nato forces were given the right to do anything they wanted, Iraq and Afghanistan wouldn't exist anymore.

So might is right then...

In any case, what you mention is just textbook guerilla warfare tactics against a larger and better resourced enemy.

No one is jock-riding Russia btw. But the outright mess made of the mid-east by the US and European alliance is disgusting.

putin is a game changer. he always does things that are unpredictable and leaves the west scratchin their heads in confusion and thinking "what just happened".

It increasingly looks as if the West's hey days are over. They just haven't accepted this truth yet.

When I'm out and about in London these days, I see loads of insecure looking Europeans. Even they seem to know that the international dominance game is up.

LOL. Why is everyone jumping on the Russia bandwagon? Realize there is no good guy in any of this, Russia, like everyone else, is in it to protect their own interests. Not to be some righteous world police. They all just want their own puppet in power.

And lets not hope for war between any of the big players, we all know that will end in nuclear war.

Nobody is jumpin on any russian bandwagon, and we r all not silly, to think russia r some sort of world police. Remember, thats wat the yanks THINK THEY are. Any1 who stands up the the chor/thieves that r the usa/uk, im a liker n admirer of them! Study the cold war my friend, despite ALL the pathetic propaganda done via music/tv/films against soviet union, the soviets beat the scummy yanks to every race! Putin is a pure genuis n has that i.d.g.a.f attitude. The whole propaganda used last yr regardin crimea/ukraine/russia was pathetic! No to mention blamin the russians for that plane crash, which was shot down by the west n blamed on russia for badnaami!

Just to add to this discussion..

This is a false news report. The 150,000 figure relates to the annual intake of conscripts. Putin won't send in a huge conventional army for fear of getting bogged down in a Soviet Afghanistan style war.

Russia is only intervening because Iranian General Suleimani travelled to Moscow about two months ago and informed the Russians that Iran could no longer prop up a faltering Assad regime and Russian military strength was needed in the campaign. So they planned for Russian 'shock and awe' style bombing of rebel positions followed by joint Syrian-Iranian-Hizbollah ground offensives to regain lost territory and consolidate Assads' hold onto power.

If you think that only last month ISIS was within 25 miles of the vital M5 highway connecting Damascus to the North West Allawite strongholds, the 'army of conquest' rebels were within reach of the coastal city of Latakia and the Assad regime was crumbling. Now Russia along with Iran hopes to turn that around.

In regards to why Russia seems so confident and assertive, NATO and the US underestimate Russia on the grounds that they are far superior to Russia in terms of conventional fighting forces. However over the last few decades, both Russia and China have invested heavily in asymmetrical weaponry such as hypersonic anti-ship missiles, EMP weapons, electronic jamming, sophisticated cyber hacking, satellite killers........ weapons generally designed to give them the edge over the US and its allies.

What we see now are two superpower alliances on a collision course with each other as the seeds of WW3 continue to be sown.

This is why Russia is involved and is sending in troops to fights the ISIS Daesh, so their citizens will not suffer under a Islamic Caliphate unlike the west kow towing to so called Islamic allies ie Turkey, Saudia Arabia!!!

http://www.dailymail...rived-food.html

logo_mol.gif

Housemaid has her hand chopped off by female Saudi Arabian employer after complaining to authorities she had been tortured and deprived of food

• Kasturi Munirathinam was working as a cleaner in Saudi city of Riyadh
  • Her arm was cut off, allegedly by her employer after she tried to escape
  • Indian cleaner claims she had been tortured and deprived of food

By Tom Wyke for MailOnline

Published: 09:39, 9 October 2015 | Updated: 15:23, 9 October 2015

3.7k shares

View comments

An Indian housemaid had her hand hacked off allegedly by her female employer in Saudi Arabia and has complained she has been tortured whilst working in Riyadh.

Kasturi Munirathinam, originally from the south Indian city of Chennai, had been earning £150 a month while working as a cleaner for a household in the Saudi capital.

Since she started working in Riyadh, she said she had been tortured and deliberately deprived of food by her employers.

Scroll down for video

2D39B46A00000578-3266059-image-a-1_14443
+3

Kasturi Munirathinam, originally from the south Indian city of Chennai, had been earning £150 a month while working a cleaner for a household in the Saudi capital.

Her family said that when Ms Munirathinam tried to escape, her employer decided to punish her and cut off her hand.

'When she tried to escape harassment and torture, her right hand was chopped off by the woman employer. She fell down and sustained serious spinal injuries,' her sister, S Vijayakumari, told the Press Trust of India.

Share this article

'The incident happened after… she complained about torture and non-payment of wages by her employer.' she said.

Ms Munirathinam was taken to hospital in Riyadh and her condition has now reportedly stabilised.

A video has emerged on social media, allegedly showing the moments after Ms Munirathinam was attacked.

2D39F55500000578-3266059-image-a-9_14443

Since she started working for Riyadh, Kasturi Munirathinam alleged she had been tortured and deliberately deprived of food by her employers

2D39F57B00000578-3266059-image-a-10_1444

Ms Munirathinam was taken to hospital in Riyadh and her condition has now reportedly stabilised

'I pleaded with the lady not to harm me but she kicked me, punched me and cut off my arm. I want to go back home. Please help me,' she says in the video according to the Times of India.

'Kasturi's employer was angered after she apprised local officials about the harassment she was facing there, she was not even provided food,' her sister S Vijayakumari told the Press Trust of India news agency.

'When she tried to escape the harassment and torture, her right hand was chopped off by the woman employer. She fell down and sustained serious spinal injuries,' she said.

Sushma Swaraj, India's minister for internal affairs, tweeted about the woman's plight in Saudi Arabia.

'Chopping of hand of Indian lady - We are very much disturbed over the brutal manner in which Indian lady has been treated in Saudi Arabia,' she wrote.

It is thought Ms Munirathinam sought work in Saudi Arabia to help earn money for her husband and four children in India.

Indian foreign ministry spokesperson Vikas Swarup has spoken out against the attack on the Indian woman, telling the Indian Express that India had launched an investigation into the attack and will 'continue to seek justice for the victim'.

'Our embassy in Riyadh has taken up the matter with the Saudi Foreign Office and asked for strict action in the matter and severe punishment for the sponsor,' he said.

He said a case of attempted murder should be lodged against the sponsor 'so that he is punished, if found guilty as per law.'