Sikh Candidate Kicked From Conservatives

CanadianSingh

The problem sn't what his statement said - he can believe whatever he wants to do, he has full right to do so but problem he along with other likes him using political secular platform/his mp position to spread his views. He has speak to all of his constituents not just sikhs. Its not limited to only sikh only platform...also i have seen others also including evangelical / Anglican/sharia islamic influenced people also bringing their views as well in secular context- which is contrary to fabric of this great Canadian nation - charter right and freedoms.

It's so ironic that people will attack same values - charter right and freedoms which gave them full rights to practise of religion, liberty, to wear whatever they wish when they are in comfortable position.

We should stop becoming like ungrateful people who eats the hands that feed them, give them opportunity to start a new life in country but yes at the same time we should also be vary of going too left as well.

Integrate not annihilate. Thats the key.

The problem sn't what his statement said - he can believe whatever he wants to do, he has full right to do so but problem he along with other likes him using political secular platform/his mp position to spread his views. He has speak to all of his constituents not just sikhs. Its not limited to only sikh only platform...also i have seen others also including evangelical / Anglican/sharia islamic influenced people also bringing their views as well in secular context- which is contrary to fabric of this great Canadian nation - charter right and freedoms.

It's so ironic that people will attack same values - charter right and freedoms which gave them full rights to practise of religion, liberty, to wear whatever they wish when they are in comfortable position.

We should stop becoming like ungrateful people who eats the hands that feed them, give them opportunity to start a new life in country but yes at the same time we should also be vary of going too left as well.

Integrate not annihilate. Thats the key.

He didn't use his polical platform to spread his views. The guy plays a role within Punjabi media and he posted it online on a website some time back.

What happens in politics is that various parties try to find 'bad' things that opposing party members have said/done. So they go digging into the history of social media accounts, websites, videos, audio, etc.....basically they try and find anything which may be controversial....even if it's many years ago.

That's the truth about this situation.

Don't try and twist it to make it look like something else.

Your 'integrate' comment is very much along the lines of something your favourite Sunny Hundal would say.

He didn't use his polical platform to spread his views. The guy plays a role within Punjabi media and he posted it online on a website some time back.

What happens in politics is that various parties try to find 'bad' things that opposing party members have said/done. So they go digging into the history of social media accounts, websites, videos, audio, etc.....basically they try and find anything which may be controversial....even if it's many years ago.

That's the truth about this situation.

Don't try and twist it to make it look like something else.

Your 'integrate' comment is very much along the lines of something your favourite Sunny Hundal would say.

Well did he made those public comments in news paper while holding public office as mp? I beleive its conflict of interest. its in the contract.

No integrate comment make sense, one of elderly gursikh told me once...it make perfect sense with canadian charters rights of freedom as how can any of us- poke a hole/disregard same charter rights of freedom which has given us freedom to practise our five ks freely..our singhs are rightly quote same charters right and freedoms to ride bicycle without helmet.

Well did he made those public comments in news paper while holding public office as mp? I beleive its conflict of interest. its in the contract.

No integrate comment make sense, one of elderly gursikh told me once...it make perfect sense with canadian charters rights of freedom as how can any of us- poke a hole/disregard same charter rights of freedom which has given us freedom to practise our five ks freely..our singhs are rightly quote same charters right and freedoms to ride bicycle without helmet.

Just be careful of the gay and feminist lobby when they try to curtail your right to freedom of speech.

There is going to be a conflict of interest when one hand Canada is supposed to be a multicultural nation being a "mosaic of cultures" instead of a "melting pot".This can imply that all cultural values are the same.

On the other hand, you have powerful lobbies that are trying impose their views on the majority of the population.

Those views may not be the same as the "multi-cultural" values.

Its a bit disturbing that you can't even debate this issue anymore. If you even so much as even question homosexuality you will lose your job and possibly even your career.

Yep, that's what irks even most reasonable people who don't want to burn gays at the stake BUT also don't agree with that particular lifestyle.

Its a bit disturbing that you can't even debate this issue anymore. If you even so much as even question homosexuality you will lose your job and possibly even your career.

I think its due to election time, parties aren't taking any chances any opinion which is contrary to public opinion remotely sounds against charters of rights or seem controversial are being rejected, mps are dropped..i think in just last one month, all parties had dropped mps from all walks of life of making remarks which is contrary to public opinion/votes...its election time its too much at stake carry unnecessary baggage (controversies)..parties simply can't afford to loose election on these things and besides we all know h ow media amplifies them three times these days.

Another point, i am not sure how any sikh can vote conservatives let alone be conservative mp are so hell bent banning niqab...we don't agree with them but they have a right to wear it...it was same stephen harper who back in 1990 wanted to ban turban in rcmp.

There is the above aspects to it, for sure.

The fact is the homosexual issue is not up for debate anymore, politically and socially. You'll only get evangelical-type religious sorts who'll condemn homosexuality, and as you know, the media paints those voices as a minority of crackpots.

I can appreciate the concerns of some parents who may feel even discussing such issues with children in school is worrying. This Jagdish Grewal fellow needed to make this point but take it easy on the re-education and re-alignment of gays, lol. That sounds like the kind of thing they use to do in those horrid 50's asylums.

As I said, he really should've been aware that his forthright views on this issue would not be taken lightly. An appeal to parents concerned with those issues should've made the argument he was hoping to express without the extra masala he added.

Catholics are way worse, not being offensive. They really hate homosexuals.