*** Sikhs @ Speakers Corner #1 - Hyde Park *** Basics Of Sikhi

simran345

I really liked it. Usually i hate watching the street parchar videos. They made me cringe. N were boring with same repeated info in an excited way when audience usually dont care. But this was fantastic. The arguments from the audience and Jugraj Singh were great. There was a real connection and real learning going on.

Guest Jacfsing2

I really liked it. Usually i hate watching the street parchar videos. They made me cringe. N were boring with same repeated info in an excited way when audience usually dont care. But this was fantastic. The arguments from the audience and Jugraj Singh were great. There was a real connection and real learning going on.

What do you not like about his street prachar?

I dont have a problem with him. Its just parchar sounds so Christiany. And it sounds like were always bigging ourselves up and bragging about langar and how khalsa is supposed to stop tyranny n help the poor. And constantly having to say oh were not trying to convert u. It makes me cringe. Cuz not only does it make us sound like some jehovah witness. But how many sikhs follow these ideals? Who have we saved from tyranny? Poverty? Khalsa aid. Yes but its a charity n charities from all religions r good. U know it just sounds like we only telling about our good idealistic stuff. N that makes me cringe. Even tho i know we have to do it. And we shud do it cuz ppl still think we r muslims n stuff....but its just a personal reaction. Thats why i woyld rather watch other videos of BoS than streer parchar

I think what you don't realise perhaps is those other religions help their own or with conditions , whereas Khalsa Aid is nishkam therefore true charity. Instead 80+ percent going to the actual people suffering it is most charities MO to use that on admin etc . I am not saying there should n't be spending on that but it should be minimal

Guest Jacfsing2

I dont have a problem with him. Its just parchar sounds so Christiany. And it sounds like were always bigging ourselves up and bragging about langar and how khalsa is supposed to stop tyranny n help the poor. And constantly having to say oh were not trying to convert u. It makes me cringe. Cuz not only does it make us sound like some jehovah witness. But how many sikhs follow these ideals? Who have we saved from tyranny? Poverty? Khalsa aid. Yes but its a charity n charities from all religions r good. U know it just sounds like we only telling about our good idealistic stuff. N that makes me cringe. Even tho i know we have to do it. And we shud do it cuz ppl still think we r muslims n stuff....but its just a personal reaction. Thats why i woyld rather watch other videos of BoS than streer parchar

You know that Christian missionaries will only help you if you decide to join their faith right?

I liked it until I heard him say we are not here to convert anyone or Sikhs dont want to convert people. That is a huge mistake and a face in palm moment.

Never ever tell the non-sikh you dont want to convert them otherwise whats the point of parchar and of Sikhi. The very mission of Sikhi is to convert people away from their abrahmic cults and atheist mindsets and worship towards true God Waheguru and his true religion Sikhi.

The way we convert people to Sikhi is diferent from abrahmic cultists but our mission should be the same to increase our numbers because the more Sikhs there are the more sewa we can do for needy people the more society will benefit for good.

This much cringing is not healthy my friend. We should be cringing when we were not doing any parchar while everyone was doing there's. Parchar is not just one guy sitting on a stage giving a lecture in front of a thousand people. Sometimes these types of one on one street parchar or a parcharak speaking to a small handfull of people is more effective to spreading the message.