Buddhism

jaspreet.kaur

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Pheena

There is no need to compare and belittle others path. I am trying to seperate the 2 the best i understand how

I have not seen anyone belittle another path. Translations are all very well but we need to understand the correct meaning. Every translation I have read of that tuk is that Guru Gobind Singh says that the Purans and Korans teach many tenets but that he does not accept any of them. Now is that belittling another's path?. Does saying that one does nit believe in another's religious book slander? As you described it a few posts before?. The forum members are giving their views according to Gurbani.

GurFateh

Bikramjit

When you have known that God exists, You will know where he exists, When you find him you will cease to be. God and you(ego) cannot co-exist. I didn't fully explain my point, because i thought it was obvious of what the effects will be when you have known of his existence.
You still haven't explained how you can reach god without having faith in god, or believing in his existence. Also, how do you know he exists, without having faith in his existence? If you can't see god, smell god, taste god, touch god, how do you know god exists? Is it not 'belief' in god, faith, that is the basis of religion? How can you 'know of his existence' without having faith? And why in the world would you assume that knowing the effects of knowing god would be obvious???
Until then it is all based on beliefs and faith. The path of a Sikh requires Faith and Belief that he exists. He is not dependent upon you believing in him or not. He does not shower you with his grace because you believe in him. He is equally compassionate to everyone...even Buddhist.

Of course he's not dependent on you believing in him. However, I would disagree with your contention that

he won't shower you with his grace for believing in him. He doesn't need your belief, but god will reward his sevaks for their faith. It's stated throughout gurbanee. Belief in god, worship of god (through japping naam) is central in Sikhi. Japping naam isn't simply another meditation method, which is totally focussed on just making yourself a better person, or gaining some sort of self realization. It is based on love for vaahiguru. You jap naam to vaahiguru, in devotion to vaahiguru, in love to vaahiguru, in surrender to vaahiguru. It's focused on the shabd, on vaahiguru, not yourself. By becoming the slave of vaahiguru, you will receive the grace of vaahiguru. There are many examples in gurbani and sikh history of the power of faith in vaahiguru and surrender to vaahiguru. It doesn't mean that vaahiguru isn't compassionate towards others, including buddhists. They will get theirs according to their karms and their kamaayee. But faith in vaahiguru is definitely rewarded.

Meditation requries no Belief system, no believing in God, no pre-requisites. An Atheist can Meditate, but he will no longer be the same......Your existence is enough.....It simply turns you inwards, turn you on to your own self. When you turn inward, you find your true self and you begin to see the Truth inwards and outwards. You Find Truth all around you. Truth is his Name. And so you have Foudn Truth, Call it God, Call it Waheguru. It is of little importence. But you have Found it. Compassion and love dominate the mind when truth is found.
Sure, anyone can meditate. But meditate on what? In gurmat, everything is based around vaahiguru, including meditation. And yes, it requires belief in vaahiguru. Open up any ang of Sri Guru Granth

Saahib Jee, and you will see the central theme of god. Everything is based around vaahiguru and your surrender to vaahiguru. This requires faith. An atheist may gain something, maybe even a lot, through meditation. However, it is not the same as a gursikh japping naam and living sikhi, and the results won't be the same either. Not even close. If islam or the yogi path or bhuddism could give you the same thing, then why did our guru's have to go to the trouble of starting the gurmat path? Why not just reform some of the earlier paths? Also, god may have many names, but for a gursikh, meditation on the gurmat naam is of utmost importance. Read Bhai Gurdass' varaan and you will hopefully realize the importance given to the shabd vaahiguru in gurmat.

Simply because you have never heard of such translation, means that it is wrong?? You refrence it to the other translations to reach a conclusion that it is wrong. That is your Conclusion. I never said, the translation i've posted is the only one. Perhaps you are correct in correcting me. My own ignorece could be blinding me from what you are saying.... We learn from each other, i am not refuting your post, simply leveling the playing field. I welcome your input, for it makes me think and question.

It's wrong because that's not what the tuk says. It's not even close. I can take a sentence, completely ignore it's content and structure and give it any meaning I want. That won't make it correct or acceptable. The svaayiaa and accompanying dhora that that tuk is from, is quite clear in content and meaning. Guru Jee wasn't being at all ambigious. It's quite straightforward. I gave examples of certain translations simply to give a reference. There ca

n be disagreements on exact meanings, obviously, and some will even accept multiple meanings. However, these different meanings won't completely contradict each other, as is the case with the version you gave. Please do provide the recording you got this from. I would love to hear it.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Pheena

There is no need to compare and belittle others path. I am trying to seperate the 2 the best i understand how

I have not seen anyone belittle another path. Translations are all very well but we need to understand the correct meaning. Every translation I have read of that tuk is that Guru Gobind Singh says that the Purans and Korans teach many tenets but that he does not accept any of them. Now is that belittling another's path?. Does saying that one does nit believe in another's religious book slander? As you described it a few posts before?. The forum members are giving their views according to Gurbani.

GurFateh

Bikramjit

when i made that statement i was not referring to the Shabad in question of Guru Gobind Singh JI, but i was referring to the Buddhist part of this discussion. There is no need to belittle their path and place Gurmat above their. it is not about whos better, each have their own purpose and possible contradictory paths.

For a Devotee of a Faith

it is only natural to place his/her faith and his/her Guru above others, i understand that. Parshunsa of ones Gurus and Religions are not wrong, but to accuse others of not being fully enlightened or merged with god and only in Giaan Khand is belittling them and their journey.

Many translation have been made. There have always been cotnradictory translations, who is right and who is wrong. does it not then become your decision to believe one or the other.

This is the Translation of the 35th Pauree of Japji Sahib by Sant Singh ji Maskeen. Which talks about Giaan Khand and the so forth claimed that Buddha is only in Giaan Khand.

http://media.waheguroo.com/Other/Katha/Gya...ib_Pauri_35.mp3

Leave Buddha in Giaan Khand if you believe that, but the Truth will remain the Truth....

The Last one being the Translation of the Guru Gobind Singh ji Shabad. I will post the translation that i heard in a few days. I will need to digitize it.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji ki fateh

Khalistan veer ji could I have shabad of Baba farid you say?

Also Guru Nanak Dev ji was the Satguru and Jagat guru, but Bhagats also had Satguru.

Says Kabeer, the Guru has blessed me with this understanding. ||4||1||14||

There are many Shabads.

About the prophets of other religions, I believe Guru Nanak dev ji has given them due respect but we are not told to follow them.

Also Budhas belief was that if someone is going to believe in God, he is going to and therefore his writting are more on Mind.

Guru nanak dev ji was asked by muslims how do you define a muslim?

Baba ji writes on page 141

It is difficult to be called a Muslim; if one is truly a Muslim, then he may be called one.

First, let him savor the GOd's will as sweet; then, let his pride of his possessions be scraped away.

The english tranlsations of sant singh are very different from the Punjabi translations of Proff Sahib singh we the Panth considers accurate.

He mentions the name of Mohammad Sahib, but the punjabi tranlsation at http://www.gurugranthdarpan.com/0141.html

is very up to the mark and doesn't mentions mohammad sahib.

But yes all people were holy people as God sends.

Kabeer is the child of God, Allah, Raam. All the Gurus and prophets are mine. ||5||

So our Guru is our Satguru Guru Granth Sahib ji ,Is there any Guru like this for me! No

Bhull Chukk Maaf

fateh

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

jo isru sWeI nw invY so isru kip auqwir ]71] (1381-13, slok, syK PrId jI)

jo sir saaN-ee naa nivai so sir kap utaar. ||71||

The head which does not bow to the Lord - chop off and remove that head. ||71||

jo isru sweI nw invY so isru kIjY kWie ] (1381-14, slok, syK PrId jI)

jo sir saa-ee naa nivai so sir keejai kaaN-ay.

That head which does not bow to the Lord - what is to be done with that head?

kuMny hyiT jlweIAY bwlx sMdY Qwie ]72] (1381-14, slok, syK PrId jI)

kunnay hayth jalaa-ee-ai baalan sandai thaa-ay. ||72||

Put it in the fireplace, instead of firewood. ||72||

bhagat has satguru

va

heguru je

guru nanak dev je is no different than god

so god taught bhagats just like guru je teaches us

there is NO difference in guru je and vaheguru je

and read bhachitter natak on other dharams

bhula chuka maf

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Khalistani veer ji thanks for the shabad.

That is true Waheguru is the supreme GUru, but bhagats also had "deh" in guru

Baba kabir's guru was Ramanand

Baba farid jis guru was Khwaja Bakhtiar Kaki ji

and then all other bhagats same way had their Gurus.

Also yes there is no difference between the qualities of waheguru and Guru sahib, but waheguru is formless.

@jaspreet.kaur

why did u post this topic.

What do u think about Shree Guru gobind singh ji, (sarbansdani).

u have proved that u have more brains than dasham pita,isnt,

so now shut up , apologise to all, request admins to delete this thread,understood,

dont waste our time.

if u cannot control ur self dont read about other religion.

can u estimate what effect this thread will have on others confused like u.

I REQUEST ADMINS TO DELETE THIS THREAD. :wub: :D

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

joga singh je, u need to chill out a little

thas a little mean

and veer je harmeet singh je, wat does bhagats having guides, who were other bhagats from gurbani, have anything to do with buddhism

just wondering

maybe i missed something

bhula chuka maf

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Joga veeer that was not right on your part veer, Calm down everybody have their confusions, that doesn;t mean we have to be rude like that to jas bhenji

Khalistani bhaji

I was refering to your quote that Guru nanak sahib ji only Satguru in this world,

my point was that bhagats like kabir ji, pipa, naamdev ji, trilochan ji, bhagat dhanna ji also had guru sahibs and have refered to them as thier Satguru.

Baba Nanak was Satguru and also Jagat guru, but others also had satguru as bhagats write.

Also could you give me the quote of guru sahibans where they say that he is Waheguru or God?

Thanks,